300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ms. Officer View Post
    Chrisarias1987, my breathing was bad. I get EXTREMELY nervous taking tests.

SolidSnoopy, he said I failed. Apparently, I'm involved in a life of crime, falsify documents and use excessive amounts of drugs. Mind you, I'm currently in law enforcement.

Umcdoj1, I'm good. Seems like a bunch of bs to me
    Well.. There's your issue. You live a life of crime!!!

But in the case that you did fail, I believe you get a formal email stating something along the lines that you have failed. They give you an option to appeal if I'm not mistaken.

If all else fails, please use this section of law and subject a request to the FOIA regarding your poly.

Write a formal letter to the head of their FOIA department and cite the FOIA, Privacy Act and EO 12968, specifically:

Sec. 5.2. Review Proceedings for Denials or Revocations of Eligibility for Access.

(a) Applicants and employees who are determined to not meet the standards for access to classified information established in section 3.1 of this order shall be:

(1) provided as comprehensive and detailed a written explanation of the basis for that conclusion as the national security interests of the United States and other applicable law permit;

***(2) provided within 30 days, upon request and to the extent the documents would be provided if requested under the Freedom of Information Act (5 U.S.C. 552) or the Privacy Act (3 U.S.C. 552a), as applicable, any documents, records, and reports upon which a denial or revocation is based;***

(3) informed of their right to be represented by counsel or other representative at their own expense; to request any documents, records, and reports as described in section 5.2(a)(2) upon which a denial or revocation is based; and to request the entire investigative file, as permitted by the national security and other applicable law, which, if requested, shall be promptly provided prior to the time set for a written reply;

(4) provided a reasonable opportunity to reply in writing to, and to request a review of, the determination;

(5) provided written notice of and reasons for the results of the review, the identity of the deciding authority, and written notice of the right to appeal;

(6) provided an opportunity to appeal in writing to a high level panel, appointed by the agency head, which shall be comprised of at least three members, two of whom shall be selected from outside the security field. Decisions of the panel shall be in writing, and final except as provided in subsection (b) of this section; and

(7) provided an opportunity to appear personally and to present relevant documents, materials, and information at some point in the process before an adjudicative or other authority, other than the investigating entity, as determined by the agency head. A written summary or recording of such appearance shall be made part of the applicant's or employee's security record, unless such appearance occurs in the presence of the appeals panel described in subsection (a)(6) of this section.

----

While the work may not be classified, it's still a good section to use.
    Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by randizzle1 View Post
      Current cbpo that applied to 14-2 and i got offered newark or jfk.
      So did you take it or tell them to shove it up theirs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowtrain View Post
        So did you take it or tell them to shove it up theirs?
        Yeah took newark

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms. Officer View Post
          SolidSnoopy, he said I failed. Apparently, I'm involved in a life of crime, falsify documents and use excessive amounts of drugs. Mind you, I'm currently in law enforcement.
          If you are a current LEO, don't make the jump if you like police work. Just a little advice from an insider. If you have other reasons, then we need people everywhere!

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
            Where did u take it by the way ?

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
            09/21/14 Written exam
            10/31/14 NOR passed with 84
            11/18/14 Notice of TS
            11/21/14 TSL packet received
            12/03/14 Email/Call for PFT1/MED
            12/17/14 PFT1/MED
            12/17/14 Email for VBT/SI
            01/05/14 Email of passing PFT1
            01/06/15 VBT/SI
            01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
            Originally posted by Nvan86 View Post
            I wish you luck Ms. Officer, let pray and hope for the best.
            Originally posted by Shadowtrain View Post
            Well.. There's your issue. You live a life of crime!!!

But in the case that you did fail, I believe you get a formal email stating something along the lines that you have failed. They give you an option to appeal if I'm not mistaken.

If all else fails, please use this section of law and subject a request to the FOIA regarding your poly.

Write a formal letter to the head of their FOIA department and cite the FOIA, Privacy Act and EO 12968, specifically:

Sec. 5.2. Review Proceedings for Denials or Revocations of Eligibility for Access.

(a) Applicants and employees who are determined to not meet the standards for access to classified information established in section 3.1 of this order shall be:

(1) provided as comprehensive and detailed a written explanation of the basis for that conclusion as the national security interests of the United States and other applicable law permit;

***(2) provided within 30 days, upon request and to the extent the documents would be provided if requested under the Freedom of Information Act (5 U.S.C. 552) or the Privacy Act (3 U.S.C. 552a), as applicable, any documents, records, and reports upon which a denial or revocation is based;***

(3) informed of their right to be represented by counsel or other representative at their own expense; to request any documents, records, and reports as described in section 5.2(a)(2) upon which a denial or revocation is based; and to request the entire investigative file, as permitted by the national security and other applicable law, which, if requested, shall be promptly provided prior to the time set for a written reply;

(4) provided a reasonable opportunity to reply in writing to, and to request a review of, the determination;

(5) provided written notice of and reasons for the results of the review, the identity of the deciding authority, and written notice of the right to appeal;

(6) provided an opportunity to appeal in writing to a high level panel, appointed by the agency head, which shall be comprised of at least three members, two of whom shall be selected from outside the security field. Decisions of the panel shall be in writing, and final except as provided in subsection (b) of this section; and

(7) provided an opportunity to appear personally and to present relevant documents, materials, and information at some point in the process before an adjudicative or other authority, other than the investigating entity, as determined by the agency head. A written summary or recording of such appearance shall be made part of the applicant's or employee's security record, unless such appearance occurs in the presence of the appeals panel described in subsection (a)(6) of this section.

----

While the work may not be classified, it's still a good section to use.
            Good luck.
            Steph631_, I took it in DC.

Nvan86, thank you.

Shadowtrain, yes I'm horrible. Grrr, lol. Thanks for your help

Comment

• Quick update: Been a crazy month for me so haven't been on here much. On January 21st, my wife delivered our first child (little girl), who was about month and half early. An hour after she was born and I was sitting in the recovery room with my wife and I got "The Call". I got offered Newark and JFK, which was a bit of a drive from South Jersey so Philly would be an ideal choice for me. I inquired about Philly and asked if there any spots available. They put me on hold and it came back and said they had A spot available. It was like a miracle, I got Philly and my new born daughter all within an hour of each other.
              I have my final fitness in WV on the 9th. Has anyone gone to the final fitness yet? I was wondering if this was indoors or outdoors as the weather looks to be pretty nasty Monday morning.
              CBPO 14-1
              Geo: Central East Coast
              Test: Passed(96) 07/14/2014
              Referred: 07/22/2014
              TSL: 08/02/2014
              Med/Fitness Test: 08/26/2014 (Passed/Passed)
              Polygraph: 09/06/2014 (Passed)
              VBT & SI: 09/12/2014 (Passed)
              BI: 11/03/2014 (Complete)
              PFT2 - 2/9/15 (Passed)
              EOD - 2/23/15 (Philadelphia)
              FLETC - 3/27 - 7/31

Comment

• Originally posted by Shell_Back View Post
                It was like a miracle, I got Philly and my new born daughter all within an hour of each other.
                I have my final fitness in WV on the 9th.
                Congrats! It sounds like things are going your way. You have a new addition to your family and got the call. I wish you and your family good luck and good health!

Comment

• Hi, I was referred to schedule EOD on CASS the other day. How long does it take to receive "the call" after being referred to the scheduling unit?

I know the answer to this question depends on many things but let's just say the normal wait time. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by SolidSnoopy View Post
                    My breathing was also bad for my first poly. My examiner told me my results were inconclusive and I got a second poly later on. Keep your head up, its not over till its over.
                    Our last 2 steps are pretty identical.
                    CBPO: GS-5
                    Geo: SW
                    Tested: Sep '13
                    NOR (79): Oct 28th '13 // Geo changed to SW: Feb 20th '14
                    Medical/PFT1 passed: Apr 18th '14 // VBT/SI passed: May 25th '14
                    Equip sent: Jun 6th '14 // NOPA: Aug 5th '14
                    Poly: Oct 22nd '14 // Met with BI: Dec 18th '14
                    The Call: Mar 3rd '15 // Drug Test: Mar 6th '15
                    BI Cleared: Mar 3rd '15 // PFT 2: Mar 18th '15
                    EOD: Mar 30th '15 // FLETC: 4/23-8/27 '15

Comment

• Guys, I'm in stress and really need your advises
                      My E-qip has been forwarded to Office of IA, but I recently received a summon from court because of a charge from my previous job. Union told me will be nothing against me, but with frustration, I resigned and decided to move on. According to my lawyer, it is misdemeanor and I resigned last June. I sent an email to case manager and waiting response from them. Anyone can tell me what else can I do to avoid being DQ, pleaseeeeee. I hate that corporation so bad.

Comment

• It took me a week after to get the call

Comment

• Hi,

Ive been following everyones process for a while now, and I can say that each case is very different time wise. I am finally finished with the process. I wish you all the very best!!

Applied to 14-1 Central east
                          Tested 6/2014
                          NOR 7/2014
                          Re-applied to 14-2 Florida and Caribbean
                          Medical 8/2014
                          Background sent in 8/2014
                          VBT 9/2014
                          Fitness 10/2014
                          Poly 12/2014
                          BI- 1/2015
                          Referred for scheduling 1/14
                          Drug test 1/15
                          Got the Call 1/21
                          EOD 2/23
                          2nd pft 2/4/2015
                          Final selection letter 2/5/2015
                          Last edited by Islandgyrl; 02-05-2015, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaltWhite View Post
                            Hi, I was referred to schedule EOD on CASS the other day. How long does it take to receive "the call" after being referred to the scheduling unit?

I know the answer to this question depends on many things but let's just say the normal wait time. Thanks.
                            Whats your geo?

Comment

• Originally posted by Islandgyrl View Post
                              Hi,

Ive been following everyones process for a while now, and I can say that each case is very different time wise. I am finally finished with the process. I wish you all the very best!!

Applied to 14-1 Central east
                              Tested 6/2014
                              NOR 7/2014
                              Re-applied to 14-2 Florida and Caribbean
                              Medical 8/2014
                              Background sent in 8/2014
                              VBT 9/2014
                              Fitness 10/2014
                              Poly 12/2014
                              BI- 1/2015
                              Referred for scheduling 1/14
                              Drug test 1/15
                              Got the Call 1/21
                              EOD 2/23
                              2nd pft 2/4/2015
                              Final selection letter 2/5/2015
                              Congrats.

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                              09/21/14 Written exam
                              10/31/14 NOR passed with 84
                              11/18/14 Notice of TS
                              11/21/14 TSL packet received
                              12/03/14 Email/Call for PFT1/MED
                              12/17/14 PFT1/MED
                              12/17/14 Email for VBT/SI
                              01/05/14 Email of passing PFT1
                              01/06/15 VBT/SI
                              01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"

Comment

• Originally posted by YoungCBPOApplicant View Post
                                Our last 2 steps are pretty identical.
                                Nice! Hopefully we'll get to the end soon.
                                Geo: West Coast
                                Applicant Group: 13-1
                                NOR: 10/28/13 85%
                                TSL: 12/16/13
                                PFT1/Medical: ~1/10/14
                                eQIP completed: 2/13/14
                                VBT/SI: 3/17/14
                                eQIP to IA: 3/19/14
                                Poly: 10/22/14 (inconclusive) / 12/4/14 (passed)
                                Meet with BI: 12/19/14 - 01/07/15 (met him 3 times)
                                Clear BI: 2/24/15
                                Drug Test: 3/4/15
                                The Call: 3/2/15
                                PFT2: 3/18/15
                                EOD: 3/30/15

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10115 users online. 197 members and 9918 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X