Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I called the hotline and it states that my VBT has been scheduled. I haven't received anything in the mail as of yet. Any of you new applicants received word?
    CBPO- Hawaii
    Written: 07/31/08
    TO: 09/23/08
    Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
    Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
    Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
    Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
    VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
    BI: Completed (2/19/09)
    Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
    Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

IEA
    TO: 11/4/08

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBonk112 View Post
      I called the hotline and it states that my VBT has been scheduled. I haven't received anything in the mail as of yet. Any of you new applicants received word?
      Our timelines are pretty similar. I haven't heard anything yet for the VBT or background. Completed medical and fit test Wednesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        Still, I remain highly cynical that this will be an option for the average line officer in the majority of ports, but we shall see.

Tasers? I'd be happy to get my PRD and a radio. Most officers at my port are walking around without either. Actually, I just got an email yesterday to pick up a PRD and rumor has it the port is getting 40 hand-me-down radios from BP, so there is hope.

The tasers will probably be issued to AT-CET (they get to play with all the fun toys) and possibly 12's and 13's. Just like the recently anounced vehicle pursuit training - only available to CET, SRT, Supes and Chiefs.
        ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
          Our timelines are pretty similar. I haven't heard anything yet for the VBT or background. Completed medical and fit test Wednesday.
          Same timeline as me, too. When you called the hotline did they say you were medically cleared and everything? I've completed mine but CASS doesn't say I've cleared it.

What's the # to the hotline? Do you actually talk to a human, or is it all electronically done?

Thanks

Comment

• Is it possible to get an appointment letter for VBT before doing the fitness test? I have a feeling my co-worker's yanking my chain. He said he got his appointment letter today.

Comment

• Originally posted by LAboundCBPO View Post
              Is it possible to get an appointment letter for VBT before doing the fitness test? I have a feeling my co-worker's yanking my chain. He said he got his appointment letter today.
              Yes you can.

Comment

• Originally posted by LAboundCBPO View Post
                Is it possible to get an appointment letter for VBT before doing the fitness test? I have a feeling my co-worker's yanking my chain. He said he got his appointment letter today.
                What's his timeline?

If it sounds like I'm getting desperate to take the VBT...well I am.

EDIT: In all seriousness, at least it sounds like people who are the mid-year/fall testers are getting their VBTs scheduled, so things look like they are moving along. Hopefully next week brings good news to everyone.
                Last edited by sap123; 10-17-2008, 04:32 PM.
                "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by cross.sandiego View Post
                  Tasers? I'd be happy to get my PRD and a radio. Most officers at my port are walking around without either. Actually, I just got an email yesterday to pick up a PRD and rumor has it the port is getting 40 hand-me-down radios from BP, so there is hope.

The tasers will probably be issued to AT-CET (they get to play with all the fun toys) and possibly 12's and 13's. Just like the recently anounced vehicle pursuit training - only available to CET, SRT, Supes and Chiefs.
                  well thats about par for the course, everyone sitting around in the office will have them and the guys on the line wont.

Comment

• Guys, I had the worst medical/fitness experience ever. So I showed up at this clinic, it was like a 3rd world clinic. The nurse used a traditional instrument of reading blood pressures because there was no monitor or computer to accurately read my blood pressure, at first she said it was way off the chart so I was like how could that be, I am only 22 and I just had my physical last week and the doctor said I am in perfect health for law enforcement. Anyways, it took them 5 tries to finally got my blood pressure but she still wrote it down as a little bit high.

Next, was the audio test, when I was in the room they were fixing something outside and I could hear the drilling and the nurse laughing with her co-workers.

Then, the vision test, I just had PRK down 6 days ago so my vision was still not at its best but during my post-op exam with a real optometrist said my vision is at 20/30 and 20/40, this nurse using this weird machine that doesn't even have any letters or numbers, instead has circles and you have to find the real full circle, said I have 20/50 far and 20/70 near. I was like how could that be, I asked for a re-test and she refused. Now, during the test she was very absent minded, because she was talking to her co-worker who was standing outside the door, the lights were never turned off, and she kept asking me what question answer I was giving her. I really felt that she messed up on my test.

After all that, I had to wait an additional 2 hours until she administered my fitness test.

I wrote an email to MHC Medical Review saying how I believe because of the low medical practice and the way the nurse conducted my medical exam, I believe my results are not accurate.

This was so horrible, what else can I do?

Comment

• I am also thinking about suing this clinic or reporting them (where can I report them?) because this whole 4 hour exam (!) I only saw a real doctor for like 10 minutes, she came in asked me some questions then signed some papers and left. I was like what the hell is going on, I thought it has to be a real doctor that administers my medical and fitness exam!

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBonk112 View Post
                        I called the hotline and it states that my VBT has been scheduled. I haven't received anything in the mail as of yet. Any of you new applicants received word?
                        The hotline I call says their are only 3 possible options: Pending, Completed, or Not Applicable.
                        What number are you calling that it says scheduled?
                        GEO Pref: MIA
                        Written: 8/08 (99 w/VP)
                        TO: 9/08
                        Pre-employment Forms: Completed
                        Medical: Completed
                        Fitness: Completed
                        VBT: Completed 12/4
                        BI: Completed
                        Qualifications: Completed
                        TSU: 12/4
                        EOD: 2/17
                        FLETC: 3/12 Class 934

Comment

• Got another letter today stating that I am in class 914 MIA anyone else here on the same boat?...
                          Geo Pref: Miami
                          Score: 92
                          Grade Level: 5
                          EOD: 11/10/2008
                          Fletc: 12/02/2008 - 03-20-2008

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC3537 View Post
                            The hotline I call says their are only 3 possible options: Pending, Completed, or Not Applicable.
                            If you opt for the more detailed response, it might tell someone that they have been scheduled. Most of us as of now are at the "One is required but you are not scheduled at this time etc etc" jargon. If it's anything like the fit test/med, CASS/hotline usually says you're scheduled for one, even though it will still read as 'pending' in the system.

EDIT: To the guys with the long waits at the lest than great clinics: I had a similar experience, but I'm not sure what else can be done. I'd look for the number of the medical review unit and talk to a staffer with them and explain the situation. They might let you re-test, and they might not (I would think they would have to shell out the money again to get re-tested, which I'm sure to them is a pain to do).
                            Last edited by sap123; 10-17-2008, 06:01 PM.
                            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC3537 View Post
                              i was thinking the same thing.. never heard that line before when i called..

Comment

• That Blows, but welcome to the club...

Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                                I am also thinking about suing this clinic or reporting them (where can I report them?) because this whole 4 hour exam (!) I only saw a real doctor for like 10 minutes, she came in asked me some questions then signed some papers and left. I was like what the hell is going on, I thought it has to be a real doctor that administers my medical and fitness exam!

Was a funny read Snake, but, I feel your pain. MHC may send you a letter of unsuitability. You will need to prepare a letter of appeal explaining your situation.

The thing that sucks is that they will tell you that you have to pay for the next physical portions that you failed at a doctor or your choice and your expense.

I'm sure you can submit your actual physicians findings to them along with the your letter, then, you may not have to spend another dime.

That's what happened to me anyways. They responded recinding my unsuitability in a couple weeks. Good luck to you and sorry you had to experience that.

Welcome to the world of Government Low Bids. Don't bother trying for reprimand, it won't work.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12937 users online. 486 members and 12451 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X