300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeUSCG View Post
    For everyone depending on the 17+ mins to pass the pft2...just a heads up, you only have 15 mins at the academy to pass. The last test, (you'll have three while here), is towards the end of your time here at the academy and is truely the one that "counts". I recommend being able to do 15 mins or less or at least have that as your goal prior to arriving at the academy. Good luck and congratulations to all coming this way.
    Good info. I can do that now if it is just a run (15 mins for 1.5 miles is 6mph, that's actually my fun cruising speed, so I'd just have to kick it up a little for a safety margin). What else (and in what order) is part of the test (push-ups, sit-ups)? Thanks.
    SM3

CBPO

14-2
    Geo: Central East Coast, United States
    Grade: GS-7
    CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
    NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
    TSL: 11/18/2014
    Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
    01/06/15 VBT/SI
    01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
    03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 View Post
      Have you simulated the pft2 straight through? I can do each item individually (sprint, push-ups, sit-ups, run), but after the sprint I can't get all the sit-ups (I simulated the test yesterday). I'll have it in time, it's been good motivation to work out, if nothing less.
      Totally agree I haven't done all together I think I should it will be more significant... But by the sounds of it am gonna be while

Comment

lol, I was worried about accidentally hurting the kids (young guys).
        Lmao good thinking ...

Comment

• Originally posted by YoungCBPOApplicant View Post
          Hey can I ask you,
          1.How long was the wait between your BI packet being sent in and the for the drug test call?
          2.the time between your drug test and PFT2?
          3.What grade are you?
          1. About 2 months between my last contact with my BI and getting the call for the drug test, Actually wasn't even a call cause once i saw I got the check mark on CASS I called and harassed them.

2. Drug test was 1/23/2015 so exactly a month till EOD.

3. GS-5, attempted to bull**** myself up to GS-7 but was unsuccessful!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kalus View Post
            1. About 2 months between my last contact with my BI and getting the call for the drug test, Actually wasn't even a call cause once i saw I got the check mark on CASS I called and harassed them.

2. Drug test was 1/23/2015 so exactly a month till EOD.

3. GS-5, attempted to bull**** myself up to GS-7 but was unsuccessful!
            I appreciate the response. Thank you.
            CBPO: GS-5
            Geo: SW
            Tested: Sep '13
            NOR (79): Oct 28th '13 // Geo changed to SW: Feb 20th '14
            Medical/PFT1 passed: Apr 18th '14 // VBT/SI passed: May 25th '14
            Equip sent: Jun 6th '14 // NOPA: Aug 5th '14
            Poly: Oct 22nd '14 // Met with BI: Dec 18th '14
            The Call: Mar 3rd '15 // Drug Test: Mar 6th '15
            BI Cleared: Mar 3rd '15 // PFT 2: Mar 18th '15
            EOD: Mar 30th '15 // FLETC: 4/23-8/27 '15

Comment

• The test at the academy doesn't include sit-ups...but adds sit-n-reach. Order of the test varies with class.
              Announcement 13-1
              GEO Applied for- East Texas
              Tested- 09/25/13
              NOR- 10/28/13 (98 With VP)
              TSL- 12/18/13
              TSL2- 12/28/13
              Medical and PFT1- 1/09/14
              SI/VBT- 2/24/14
              Drug Test- 4/1/14
              Poly- 5/7/14
              Finished with BI- 5/28/14
              Contacted about Active duty obligation- 7/30/14
              application placed on hold due to active military obligation- 7/31/14
              application changed to show active- 10/01/14
              CASS shows: "you have been referred to the scheduling unit"- 10/01/14
              Hoping to get Dallas

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeUSCG View Post
                The test at the academy doesn't include sit-ups...but adds sit-n-reach. Order of the test varies with class.
                Sit and reach? one time to test flexibility, or multiple like an expanded sit-up for reps? and thanks.
                SM3

CBPO

14-2
                01/06/15 VBT/SI
                03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

Sit and reach? one time to test flexibility, or multiple like an expanded sit-up for reps? and thanks.
                  Your foot goes against a block contraption that holds your feet in place. You start with your arms dolphin dived forward. You push a slider with your fingertips.

http://www.topendsports.com/testing/...-and-reach.htm

It's done at every FGS. Not really hard unless you are really fat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowtrain View Post
                    Your foot goes against a block contraption that holds your feet in place. You start with your arms dolphin dived forward. You push a slider with your fingertips.

ty. one time? How far is passing?
                    SM3

CBPO

14-2
                    01/06/15 VBT/SI
                    03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowtrain View Post

I was born with the flexibility of concrete. The sit and reach was, by far, the biggest challenge I faced.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        I was born with the flexibility of concrete. The sit and reach was, by far, the biggest challenge I faced.
                        I've been doing this the past couple weeks, and before that, I've just been stretching randomly, and I can almost put my full hand on the floor. Before that, I couldn't even touch my toes.
                        Stretch and maintain that flexibility, guys. You can do it!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/com...11_simple_gifs
                        14-2 - West Coast geo
                        9/6/14: Written Test
                        10/31/14: NOR - Passed (98)
                        11/18/14: TSL
                        12/7/14: e-QIP submitted
                        12/15/14: Med/PFT-1
                        1/14/14: VBT/SI

Comment

• rwong im in the same geo location as you and took my vbt a day after you in sfo. how are things moving along? Heard anything back?

Comment

• Originally posted by vickyvic10 View Post
                            rwong im in the same geo location as you and took my vbt a day after you in sfo. how are things moving along? Heard anything back?
                            Did you get an email about passing? That's as far as I have progressed. Medical hasn't cleared, and my BI says it was sent to the security office. I filled out my e-QIP in October.

Hopefully a call in the next couple months. I expect it'll be March at the earliest until we hear something.
                            14-2 - West Coast geo

Comment

• Originally posted by rwong013 View Post
                              Did you get an email about passing? That's as far as I have progressed. Medical hasn't cleared, and my BI says it was sent to the security office. I filled out my e-QIP in October.

Hopefully a call in the next couple months. I expect it'll be March at the earliest until we hear something.
                              same here. You have met with you bi already? or did you mean your cass says it was sent to the security office?

Comment

• Originally posted by vickyvic10 View Post
                                same here. You have met with you bi already? or did you mean your cass says it was sent to the security office?
                                I just meant that CASS says it was sent to the security office. I havent met with the bi yet
                                14-2 - West Coast geo

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12212 users online. 426 members and 11786 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X