Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've taken (and passed) 4 previous polys w/ various agencies is what I meant to write...took it in DC.

Comment

• Originally posted by hercmull View Post
      I've taken (and passed) 4 previous polys w/ various agencies is what I meant to write...took it in DC.
      Secret Service? I have heard 'amazing' things about their poly administrators around the country.
      Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
      08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
      09/13/14 Written exam
      10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
      1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
      2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
      2/6/15 Background Released to IA
      2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
      4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
      4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
        Secret Service? I have heard 'amazing' things about their poly administrators around the country.
        I took theirs and it was interesting. That was my first poly and i def nervous
        Last edited by Umcdoj1; 01-15-2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• Just took my VBT.. took 6 hrs lol

Comment

• What took so long? Were there a lot of candidates waiting? Mine was super quick.
            14-2 - West Coast geo
            9/6/14: Written Test
            10/31/14: NOR - Passed (98)
            11/18/14: TSL
            12/7/14: e-QIP submitted
            12/15/14: Med/PFT-1
            1/14/14: VBT/SI

Comment

• Originally posted by Precious539 View Post
              Just took my VBT.. took 6 hrs lol
              Wow. Mine took only 4 hrs. lol and I was dying

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
              08/20/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
              09/21/14 Written exam
              10/31/14 NOR passed with 84
              11/18/14 Notice of TS
              11/21/14 TSL packet received
              11/26/14 Submitted my E-QIP
              11/28/14 Mailed fingerprint card, due 12/1
              12/03/14 Email/Call for PFT1/MED
              12/09/14 e-QIP released to internal A. Email
              12/17/14 PFT1/MED passed
              12/17/14 Email for VBT/SI
              01/05/14 Email of passing PFT1
              01/06/15 VBT/SI
              01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
                First of all, you were military right? I am sure you can find a way to get that toe tapping and thumb twiddling stuff buried while in the hot seat hahaha

I have had the pleasure of three polygraphs in my law enforcement days. Usually, anything that will be asked on the poly will be asked on the BI packet. So as long as everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, that has happened in your life is mentioned on the BI packet, you should be good to go. I worked in a supermarket deli when I was in college, and would eat sandwiches without paying for them. When applying for a police department I made sure to mention that I technically stole from an employer. They actually made me estimate how much the sandwiches were worth and how many over what period of time I ate. They do it to be thorough, but something like that would never disqualify you for a job. Now, if you fail to state that up front, and you answer "no" to the question "have you ever stolen from an employer" and you are sitting in the seat and those sandwiches are even remotely in the back of your mind, you are screwed!

Same goes with minor drug use, crimes you were either caught or NOT caught doing. (A big one is DUI/DWI. Most people have operated a motor vehicle when they should not have, even if just a little buzzed. As long as you haven't done it a large amount of times, you should be good to go. Just make sure you mention it if they ask about undetected crimes). Like someone stated before, as long as you are not a drug lord or a serious criminal (multiple misdemeanors, a felony, or domestics) you are going to be fine if you say it all up front. Especially in your case, if you did something stupid as a kid or a young adult, they know that most people do. No one is perfect and we all do dumb things when we are young. They just want honesty. How can you be expected to hold up in court if you are not truthful and forthcoming with your own past? You then have no credibility and are useless to any law enforcement agency.

As for what I meant by not waiting until the poly day to disclose something; I don't know how CBP operates in this sense, but in most cases, even if you pass the poly...after that you will be disqualified by the agency for not being upfront when you had the chance. If they don't ask you about something up front that is bothering you, I would play it safe and call your case manager to discuss if it could be an issue and how you could go about disclosing it upfront.
                lol, thanks! :-) yeah, I really haven't been asked about drug use yet (or undetected crimes). I'm guessing there is another packet before the Poly, because the questions on the eQip were VERY limited (I think it said 7 years), so I was able to say no. If, on teh poly (as I hear), they go back indefinitely it's a different question.

Thanks agin.
                SM3

CBPO

14-2
                Geo: Central East Coast, United States
                Grade: GS-7
                CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
                NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
                TSL: 11/18/2014
                Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
                01/06/15 VBT/SI
                03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• Originally posted by rwong013 View Post
                  What took so long? Were there a lot of candidates waiting? Mine was super quick.
                  There were two ppl ahead of me .. It didn't add up lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickaroni1290 View Post
                    Hey everyone! I'm new to the thread and have skimmed over quite a bit (it's pretty long). I'm curious as to how long the background investigation is?

My investigator was a great guy and has been super helpful throughout the entire process. I talked to him today and he said that his "report" was sent to DC (I live in Buffalo) about a month ago and a half ago and he hasn't heard back from them since. I'm just curious if you guys have a rough idea as to how long it takes to make a decision?

All that's left for me to complete is this background investigation, a drug test, and the PFT2. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't antsy about it.
                    We are at the same step but youre a month a half ahead according to what you just wrote. My report was most likely sent this week. Keep us updated when your CASS shows a green check for background or if you called for the drug test PLEASE.
                    CBPO: GS-5
                    Geo: SW
                    Tested: Sep '13
                    NOR (79): Oct 28th '13 // Geo changed to SW: Feb 20th '14
                    Medical/PFT1 passed: Apr 18th '14 // VBT/SI passed: May 25th '14
                    Equip sent: Jun 6th '14 // NOPA: Aug 5th '14
                    Poly: Oct 22nd '14 // Met with BI: Dec 18th '14
                    The Call: Mar 3rd '15 // Drug Test: Mar 6th '15
                    BI Cleared: Mar 3rd '15 // PFT 2: Mar 18th '15
                    EOD: Mar 30th '15 // FLETC: 4/23-8/27 '15

Comment

• Not on this much...maybe because I've been in the process for a longggg time, but would like to know if anyone has a mar 25 fletc date? I finally got the call yesterday with a eod of feb 23 for Chicago. Still waiting for my pft2 date for Detroit.

Comment

• I received an eligible rating NOR, I took the VBT and SI yesterday. Does this mean I passed, only because they said it would take weeks for a grade.

Comment

• Got my eligible Email for VBT/SI just now. Took VBT/SI last Friday.

Comment

• Referred to the scheduling unit.
                            To my fellow 14-1's, keep on the grind we are almost there!

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
                              I received an eligible rating NOR, I took the VBT and SI yesterday. Does this mean I passed, only because they said it would take weeks for a grade.
                              Yes. Look at who the email is from does it say SI ? If so you passed congrats. I received my NOR the next day

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
                              08/20/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                              09/21/14 Written exam
                              10/31/14 NOR passed with 84
                              11/18/14 Notice of TS
                              11/21/14 TSL packet received
                              11/26/14 Submitted my E-QIP
                              11/28/14 Mailed fingerprint card, due 12/1
                              12/03/14 Email/Call for PFT1/MED
                              12/09/14 e-QIP released to internal A. Email
                              12/17/14 PFT1/MED passed
                              12/17/14 Email for VBT/SI
                              01/05/14 Email of passing PFT1
                              01/06/15 VBT/SI

Comment

• Originally posted by gymrat77 View Post
                                Referred to the scheduling unit.
                                To my fellow 14-1's, keep on the grind we are almost there!
                                Wow congrats! You lapped me =(.

Do you know how long it took from the date your investigator submitted his report to getting called for the drug test to getting the drug test cleared?
                                Geo: West Coast
                                Applicant Group: 13-1
                                NOR: 10/28/13 85%
                                TSL: 12/16/13
                                PFT1/Medical: ~1/10/14
                                eQIP completed: 2/13/14
                                VBT/SI: 3/17/14
                                eQIP to IA: 3/19/14
                                Poly: 10/22/14 (inconclusive) / 12/4/14 (passed)
                                Meet with BI: 12/19/14 - 01/07/15 (met him 3 times)
                                Clear BI: 2/24/15
                                Drug Test: 3/4/15
                                The Call: 3/2/15
                                PFT2: 3/18/15
                                EOD: 3/30/15

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17506 users online. 463 members and 17043 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X