Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MIA_509 View Post
    I'm in florida. You? DM me if you are.
    Ny, my first one had a high failure rate so I requested another... He was worse lol

Comment

• Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
      Ny, my first one had a high failure rate so I requested another... He was worse lol
      You can request who you want ?

07/23/14 Applied to Central East Coast 14-2
      08/20/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
      09/21/14 Written exam
      10/31/14 NOR passed with 84
      11/18/14 Notice of TS
      11/21/14 TSL packet received
      11/26/14 Submitted my E-QIP
      11/28/14 Mailed fingerprint card, due 12/1
      12/03/14 Email/Call for PFT1/MED
      12/09/14 e-QIP released to internal A. Email
      12/17/14 PFT1/MED passed
      12/17/14 Email for VBT/SI
      01/05/14 Email of passing PFT1
      01/06/15 VBT/SI
      01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
        You can request who you want ?

09/21/14 Written exam
        11/18/14 Notice of TS
        12/17/14 PFT1/MED passed
        01/06/15 VBT/SI
        Not who you want. But if you don't like the one you had for the first one and would like another for the second you can request one.

Comment

Not who you want. But if you don't like the one you had for the first one and would like another for the second you can request one.
          Ohhh ok. Gotcha. You did it in NY?

09/21/14 Written exam
          11/18/14 Notice of TS
          12/17/14 PFT1/MED passed
          01/06/15 VBT/SI

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
            Ohhh ok. Gotcha. You did it in NY?

09/21/14 Written exam
            11/18/14 Notice of TS
            12/17/14 PFT1/MED passed
            01/06/15 VBT/SI
            Yup

Comment

So you can request another one? What's the process for that?

Comment

So you can request another one? What's the process for that?
                Call the internal affairs number or the person who scheduled you for the second one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike924 View Post
                  i have taken 3 poly's so far in life.
                  don't let your mind wander while taking the test. completely focus on what the administrator is asking. i know that if you start to think about other things after answering yes or no to question, that will cause some false readings which can cause you to be a no-go.

other than that, if you are totally truthful and disclose EVERYTHING before hand (don't wait to disclose something new when you get to the poly officer) you will have no problem.

dkman is right, EVERYONE is nervous. don't move, stare at a spot on the wall, keep focused, and tell the truth. any good poly officer knows you are nervous and knows what to look for on their computer screen regarding nerves.
                  Great :-( I'm a toe tapping, pencil twirling, thumb twiddling, mind wandering, thinking of 6 things at once kind of a guy already. However, what peeked my interest was your mentioning disclosing everything upfront. When?! I wish there was something I could have run by them at the start to see if I would be disqualified. If so I wouldn't have put myself through all of this. I was bad/ got in trouble when I was 18 (so 22 years ago now) and there has been no place to disclose the incident so far. It seems that some agencies dq for my past and some don't, so I don't know which way this will go.
                  SM3

CBPO

14-2
                  Geo: Central East Coast, United States
                  Grade: GS-7
                  CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
                  NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
                  TSL: 11/18/2014
                  Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
                  01/06/15 VBT/SI
                  03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

Call the internal affairs number or the person who scheduled you for the second one.
                    Ok.
                    Hopefully that won't be necessary lol. I'm gonna pass... [emoji120] [emoji120] I've taken 3 polygraph in the pass and I passed the last 2.

Comment

Ok.
                      Hopefully that won't be necessary lol. I'm gonna pass... [emoji120] [emoji120] I've taken 3 polygraph in the pass and I passed the last 2.
                      Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 View Post
                        Great :-( I'm a toe tapping, pencil twirling, thumb twiddling, mind wandering, thinking of 6 things at once kind of a guy already. However, what peeked my interest was your mentioning disclosing everything upfront. When?! I wish there was something I could have run by them at the start to see if I would be disqualified. If so I wouldn't have put myself through all of this. I was bad/ got in trouble when I was 18 (so 22 years ago now) and there has been no place to disclose the incident so far. It seems that some agencies dq for my past and some don't, so I don't know which way this will go.
                        Just go base on the information you provided on your application. Don't deviate from that by any mean necessary, even if the examiner acting like he/she is your best friend. If you maintain that you should be fine...well at least hope so lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 View Post
                          First of all, you were military right? I am sure you can find a way to get that toe tapping and thumb twiddling stuff buried while in the hot seat hahaha

I have had the pleasure of three polygraphs in my law enforcement days. Usually, anything that will be asked on the poly will be asked on the BI packet. So as long as everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, that has happened in your life is mentioned on the BI packet, you should be good to go. I worked in a supermarket deli when I was in college, and would eat sandwiches without paying for them. When applying for a police department I made sure to mention that I technically stole from an employer. They actually made me estimate how much the sandwiches were worth and how many over what period of time I ate. They do it to be thorough, but something like that would never disqualify you for a job. Now, if you fail to state that up front, and you answer "no" to the question "have you ever stolen from an employer" and you are sitting in the seat and those sandwiches are even remotely in the back of your mind, you are screwed!

Same goes with minor drug use, crimes you were either caught or NOT caught doing. (A big one is DUI/DWI. Most people have operated a motor vehicle when they should not have, even if just a little buzzed. As long as you haven't done it a large amount of times, you should be good to go. Just make sure you mention it if they ask about undetected crimes). Like someone stated before, as long as you are not a drug lord or a serious criminal (multiple misdemeanors, a felony, or domestics) you are going to be fine if you say it all up front. Especially in your case, if you did something stupid as a kid or a young adult, they know that most people do. No one is perfect and we all do dumb things when we are young. They just want honesty. How can you be expected to hold up in court if you are not truthful and forthcoming with your own past? You then have no credibility and are useless to any law enforcement agency.

As for what I meant by not waiting until the poly day to disclose something; I don't know how CBP operates in this sense, but in most cases, even if you pass the poly...after that you will be disqualified by the agency for not being upfront when you had the chance. If they don't ask you about something up front that is bothering you, I would play it safe and call your case manager to discuss if it could be an issue and how you could go about disclosing it upfront.
                          Last edited by Mike924; 01-15-2015, 08:33 AM.
                          Florida/Caribbean 14-2 -- GS-07

07/14 Applied to Florida/Caribbean 14-2
                          08/14 Notified: qualification to take exam
                          09/13/14 Written exam
                          10/31/14 NOR 100 (No Vet Points)
                          1/9/15 Notice of TS / Grade:GS-07
                          2/4/15 Physical Exam and PFT1 PASSED
                          2/6/15 Background Released to IA
                          2/18/15 VBT/SI (Tampa) PASSED
                          4/14/15 Polygraph (Tampa)
                          4/30/15 Notified of unsuitable polygraph and removed from consideration

Comment

• So I failed my poly this week. I'm pretty upset about it to say the least but I'm thankful I already have a job. I'm a vet, former local leo, and current fed leo. This was my 5th yes 5th poly. I've taken all sorts of SSBI/SCI polys, various local leo poly's and didn't make it. The whole experience was pretty negative but I'll keep my opinions to myself as CBP IA and their agents roam and read these boards. Hopefully, I will get another try at a location closer to home and a different examiner.
                            Good luck to everyone out there...clear your minds, focus on the test, answer truthfully, and hope you get passing results.

Comment

• Originally posted by hercmull View Post
                              So I failed my poly this week. I'm pretty upset about it to say the least but I'm thankful I already have a job. I'm a vet, former local leo, and current fed leo. This was my 5th yes 5th poly. I've taken all sorts of SSBI/SCI polys, various local leo poly's and didn't make it. The whole experience was pretty negative but I'll keep my opinions to myself as CBP IA and their agents roam and read these boards. Hopefully, I will get another try at a location closer to home and a different examiner.
                              Good luck to everyone out there...clear your minds, focus on the test, answer truthfully, and hope you get passing results.
                              Omg. Five though. I mean if they keep testing you it's obviously because they are inconclusive. That's just outrageous.

09/21/14 Written exam
                              11/18/14 Notice of TS
                              12/17/14 PFT1/MED passed
                              01/06/15 VBT/SI

Comment

• Originally posted by hercmull View Post
                                So I failed my poly this week. I'm pretty upset about it to say the least but I'm thankful I already have a job. I'm a vet, former local leo, and current fed leo. This was my 5th yes 5th poly. I've taken all sorts of SSBI/SCI polys, various local leo poly's and didn't make it. The whole experience was pretty negative but I'll keep my opinions to myself as CBP IA and their agents roam and read these boards. Hopefully, I will get another try at a location closer to home and a different examiner.
                                Where did you take it?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7927 users online. 221 members and 7706 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X