Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought i'd get screwed! They go out of their way to do it too. I guess with new personnel dropping like flies on a cold winter day, they could afford to give it to those hired after 2003, because no one stays longer than two years before they quit.

Comment

NOPD,
      Where did you pull that from. I would like to copy it and send it around.

Comment

Originally posted by foreman212
        NOPD,
        Where did you pull that from. I would like to copy it and send it around.
        NTEU bulletin
        Last edited by formerNOPD; 08-22-2006, 06:45 PM.

Comment

I got my "Notice of Conditional Offer" in the mail yesterday. It said that the process would take another 4-5 months from now due all of the testing and pre-employment screening procedures.
          ICE 1811
          Test: 7/09
          TO: 5/24
          T&S: 6/17
          EOD: 8/16

Comment

Congrats!

Still doing the waiting game on my end.
            "So others may live"

Comment

Originally posted by GABE21D
              Congrats!

Still doing the waiting game on my end.
              What was your test score if you don't mind me asking.

Comment

im in the same boat still waiting and my score wasnt that great but i passed

Comment

Originally posted by formerNOPD
                  What was your test score if you don't mind me asking.
                  I belive it was an 86 with vets points.Not bad since i suck at math.
                  "So others may live"

Comment

CBP Test

Hey xkingsyx, What was your test score on the CBP test and was the conditional offer one of your choices of location?

Thanks

Comment

Career Progression

Hi all,

New to the board and this is my first posting...

Can anyone explain how the promotions work with the CBP Officers? I read in one of the job descriptions that you can reach gs-11 within a few years. Is there an exact time frame anyone here can share in regards to raises?

Also, how competitive is it to move on to special assigments? Any examples or scenerios that could be shared would be appreciated.

Last, what is the typical way to move from being a CBP officer to a different LEO government job... From being allowed to move from CBP to retraining with the new agency.

Thank you.

Comment

hey guys i just got out of the military and im trying to get into CBP as a CBP officer does anyone know when they would be hiring again? thank you

Comment

Hi all,

New to the board and this is my first posting...

Can anyone explain how the promotions work with the CBP Officers? Journeylevel pay is GS 11. You're hired as a GS 5 or GS 7, and you go up 2 grades each year until you reach journeylevel. So a GS 5 would take 3 years to reach GS 11. This system is however about to change to HR Max, or pay banding similar to how TSA and some other agencies do their pay.

I read in one of the job descriptions that you can reach gs-11 within a few years. Is there an exact time frame anyone here can share in regards to raises? As above.

Also, how competitive is it to move on to special assigments? There are not many special assignments per say. Pretty much everyone gets the opportunity to learn every aspect of the job. It's a regulatory job, not so much an enforcement type job. It is not like being a street cop or a criminal investigator, but does have decent pay.

Any examples or scenerios that could be shared would be appreciated.

Last, what is the typical way to move from being a CBP officer to a different LEO government job... From being allowed to move from CBP to retraining with the new agency. You apply online at www.usajobs.gov for other jobs. Some people move on from CBP to other agencies, but there are no guarentees. It is a good stepping stone to get your foot in the door. If you want to be an agent though, I'd suggest local LE work in conjunction with a degree then apply directly to the agency you want to work for.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by superkream
                            hey guys i just got out of the military and im trying to get into CBP as a CBP officer does anyone know when they would be hiring again? thank you

You just have to check for the next testing announcement. Generally it is several years between announcements. The last testing was done in May, 2006. People are just starting to get their tentative selection letters, so keep checking www.usajobs.gov under series search 1895 for the general opening again. Probably won't be for another year at least. Basic requirements are a 4 yr degree and/or 3 years experiance in local LE. Military service in and of itself may not qualify, but if you get the chance take the test anyway.

Comment

Hmmmm

So you must have a 4 year degree to be considered on becoming a CPB?

Comment

CBP basic requirements for a GS 5 position = 4 years of college OR 3 years active experiance in a field that is similiar to the job. Military police time generally does not count as creditable experiance.

For GS 7 you have to have at least 1 year of experiance equivilant to the GS 5 level.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8123 users online. 343 members and 7780 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X