Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
    Umm if your issued a taser you have to qualify on it. I don't know about you but I'm not interested in taking any "ride".
    Yeah it sucks, I already have though. I am also certified as an instructor, so I get to shock people...Kinda fun sometimes..

    Comment


    • How long????

      Is that a five (5) second Zap for those who want to carry?

      Originally posted by wmcgalrd View Post
      Yeah it sucks, I already have though. I am also certified as an instructor, so I get to shock people...Kinda fun sometimes..

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
        Tazers are right around the corner. From what I understand, will be a choice if you want to carry. Starts implementing Nov 2008 in Southern Borders then nationwide.
        Sheesh...

        CBPO's are not getting tasers.

        Border Patrol is implementing a very narrow program to test tasers amongst it's agents within a very limited scope along the southern border.

        The chances of any line CBPO's being taser certified in the near future are slim to none.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
          Is that a five (5) second Zap for those who want to carry?
          Yeah, five seconds. They can choose whether they want to be shot with probes or alligator clips on their shirt.

          Comment


          • Wow Tasers, I don't think it will come to CBPO's, but interesting to think about. Ladies and Gentlemen at approximately 08:35 eastern time I received a call!....THE CALL! I will be starting Nov. 10th at MIA Airport. My Fletc start date is Dec. 2nd - March 20th. Does anyone here know if they will be going to this class? Anyway, I just wanted to share, after month and months of waiting the patience and persistence paid off. =)
            Geo Pref: Miami
            Score: 92
            Grade Level: 5
            EOD: 11/10/2008
            Fletc: 12/02/2008 - 03-20-2008

            Comment


            • Originally posted by psychoticnemo View Post
              Wow Tasers, I don't think it will come to CBPO's, but interesting to think about. Ladies and Gentlemen at approximately 08:35 eastern time I received a call!....THE CALL! I will be starting Nov. 10th at MIA Airport. My Fletc start date is Dec. 2nd - March 20th. Does anyone here know if they will be going to this class? Anyway, I just wanted to share, after month and months of waiting the patience and persistence paid off. =)
              CONGRATS! What day did you take your CBPO exam on?

              Comment


              • Surprise...

                Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                Sheesh...
                CBPO's are not getting tasers.
                Hint: Your NTEU rep has a news bulletin for you.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
                  Hint: Your NTEU rep has a news bulletin for you.
                  Dumb question I'm sure, but.... NTEU?????

                  Comment


                  • Mid March At Miami Hilton I believe it was the 13th or 15th
                    Geo Pref: Miami
                    Score: 92
                    Grade Level: 5
                    EOD: 11/10/2008
                    Fletc: 12/02/2008 - 03-20-2008

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by psychoticnemo View Post
                      Wow Tasers, I don't think it will come to CBPO's, but interesting to think about. Ladies and Gentlemen at approximately 08:35 eastern time I received a call!....THE CALL! I will be starting Nov. 10th at MIA Airport. My Fletc start date is Dec. 2nd - March 20th. Does anyone here know if they will be going to this class? Anyway, I just wanted to share, after month and months of waiting the patience and persistence paid off. =)
                      grats dood. Im waiting for Miami as well. Quick question - did your background check off in CASS before you received the call?

                      EDIT: and roughly whene did u meet with your BI?

                      Comment


                      • Not at all man. My pre-emp/quals/and BI are still "Pending" I suggest using the hotline. I will call today to see if it has checked off there. I also contacted MHC a lot! one thing I learned is that calling doesn't hurt and keep checking up on your file, it will pay off. Thanks again.

                        -PsychoticNemo
                        Geo Pref: Miami
                        Score: 92
                        Grade Level: 5
                        EOD: 11/10/2008
                        Fletc: 12/02/2008 - 03-20-2008

                        Comment


                        • National Treasury Employees Union (NTEU)

                          Originally posted by wmcgalrd View Post
                          Dumb question I'm sure, but.... NTEU?????
                          When hired, consider joining them, they do so much to protect us Employees.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
                            Hint: Your NTEU rep has a news bulletin for you.

                            The union says so???

                            Well then...that settles that. It must be true.

                            Back in 1993 the NTEU rep told me that 12D coverage was right around the corner and sure enough we got it...















                            ...15 years later.


                            Expect your taser to roll out sometime around 2023.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by psychoticnemo View Post
                              Not at all man. My pre-emp/quals/and BI are still "Pending" I suggest using the hotline. I will call today to see if it has checked off there. I also contacted MHC a lot! one thing I learned is that calling doesn't hurt and keep checking up on your file, it will pay off. Thanks again.

                              -PsychoticNemo
                              Man did the old staff of Miami quit en masse or somthing? Seems like they're getting nine out of ten slots, heh. Guess that's what I get for picking a tiny backwater port like EWR.

                              Congrats Psycho, just remember everything you learned here, if mugged on the way to work taser the guy but only lie about it later if it wasn't a big deal. Our advice can't steer you wrong!

                              Comment


                              • On Me....

                                Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                                ...
                                Expect your taser to roll out sometime around 2023.
                                I'll send you money for the drink of your choice if your right.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8613 users online. 277 members and 8336 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X