Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Due to the nonsense and ridiculousness I've had to go through for this process, I've decided to walk away from it. Best wishes to you all and hope you all make it to the end.
    Geo- Florida
    CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
    NOR- 98 10/25/13
    Qual- GS 7
    TSL- 2/28/14
    PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
    VBT/SI- 5/9/14
    VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
    BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
    BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
    BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

    Comment


    • Couple of questions...if you accept a place (duty location) then re-take the test while you are working that duty station, can you transfer into a new region? 2nd question- what is considered a desirable location in the central east coast region? New Port News (VA) VA beach, has anyone been offered that duty station? I appreciate everyone who's been answering these questions. I am just considering whether to just take the job and hope to transfer OR wait re-take the test and and get a duty station down in NC or SC. thanks everyone.

      Cheers

      Comment


      • Originally posted by mnc3672 View Post
        Couple of questions...if you accept a place (duty location) then re-take the test while you are working that duty station, can you transfer into a new region? 2nd question- what is considered a desirable location in the central east coast region? New Port News (VA) VA beach, has anyone been offered that duty station? I appreciate everyone who's been answering these questions. I am just considering whether to just take the job and hope to transfer OR wait re-take the test and and get a duty station down in NC or SC. thanks everyone.

        Cheers
        I don't know the answers to any of your questions but if you got offered a job TAKE IT. You don't know how long or if you'll ever even get the gel you want the next time
        Around. There are applicants praying they get called from anywhere.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
          Due to the nonsense and ridiculousness I've had to go through for this process, I've decided to walk away from it. Best wishes to you all and hope you all make it to the end.
          Don't do it man. Don't give up after all this time. I understand your frustrations. I myself had to submit my e-QIP 3 times. Anything in life worth it is hard to get. Don't give up now. Continue to push until u can't anymore.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
            I don't know the answers to any of your questions but if you got offered a job TAKE IT. You don't know how long or if you'll ever even get the gel you want the next time
            Around. There are applicants praying they get called from anywhere.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Yes I understand that and I appreciate the magnitude of the position. I have a couple of other options in terms of Federal LE, so I am looking at a few options. I just want to make the best decision for my future and be near the people that matter the most to me, and I feel CBP has many duty stations so that it is a very real possibility I can make that happen. But I understand what you are saying, Re-taking the test is risky but everything transfers over--from what they told me in Minneapolis, but you are right there are risks involved. All of which are real. A part of me says get on and then look to transfer--but from what I have been told or from what I have heard, it seems people are kind of stuck where they are. ahah Who kows, we'll see what happens.

            Cheers

            Comment


            • Just got an email for polygraph in DC...14-1 applicant, northern NJ here. Good luck to all.

              Seems like my process has been quick.

              June '14: initial test
              July '14: NOR
              August '14: EQIP/prints completed
              Sept. '14: VBT, Medical, PFT1 in same week.
              Jan. '15: poly
              Last edited by hercmull; 01-05-2015, 04:58 PM.

              Comment


              • Got the email for the VBT and Structured interview. Still haven't received noticed that I passed the fpt1 and my cass is still not updated. I know I passed it with flying colors

                Comment


                • Hello everyone,
                  I have been a lurker on here for a couple of years now. I checked CASS today and my background got a green check. I was in the 14-1 testing cycle. I put my progress in my sig. Good luck guys!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by gymrat77 View Post
                    Hello everyone,
                    I have been a lurker on here for a couple of years now. I checked CASS today and my background got a green check. I was in the 14-1 testing cycle. I put my progress in my sig. Good luck guys!
                    Nice. That as super quick. Good luck


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • Anyone take the VBT in Newark. ? Was there parking ?


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                        So finally received and email that my eqip was rejected back to me on Nov 4. I never received any email regarding that then and my "case manager" never responded to my emails when I was inquiring why my cass wasn't updated. My eqip is now expired and I have to do it again. I am over this process and it is all bs.
                        Wow that's terrible.. I hope they let you redo it..best of luck

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                          Anyone take the VBT in Newark. ? Was there parking ?


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Took mine in JFK but either way make sure your there early

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Mk_23 View Post
                            Took mine in JFK but either way make sure your there early
                            Oh ok. Yes I plan to be there 30 minutes or so early


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SM3 View Post
                              So, if you feel like you said what you had to say and there is 30 seconds left, do you just stand there silently? I would feel like I had to come up with something extra to fill the silence. Everyone at work is lecturing me not to over think the scenarios :-)
                              After your done answering each scenario you just sit back down that way they know your done and wait for the next one to start. That's what I was told.

                              Comment


                              • Just checked all 3 of my credit reports and saw a soft pull on each report from CBP on 12/24....nice to see things are moving forward with my background, nervous for my upcoming VBT/SI.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10830 users online. 395 members and 10435 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X