300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    Its not complicated. What is complicated is starting from scratch looking for another good job because you were trying to be captain integrity and brought up some old stuff that has no place in your life now. I'd bet you most adjudicators and BI's wish less people would admit to miniscule crap therefore they'd have alot less paperwork. Everyone needs to quit high fluting and tell it like it is. This is the real world, dog eat dog, as they say.
    I can't agree with this. Adjudicators get paid to sift through all sorts of things. They are paid to judge a person based on many different factors and what is reported. To assume that they are sick of seeing things is silly.

On top of that, If you think you're rolling the dice on your job future by disclosing everything, going the other route is just as bad (and is probably worse).
    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
      And beyond that, I think the majority of us do not want to work with a piece of crap who knows he can't get hired by telling the truth and has no integrity.

The goofiest part, in all likelyhood someone would get hired after disclosing most of what's been discussed here. We're not talking about stuff likely to be a deal-breaker, just the dumbass/stupid kid stuff likely to set one back some time and effort.

Comment

• Medical Unit

Is anyone else here having trouble getting in touch with the medical unit. I have left two messages and two e-mails with no response. I have tried all three numbers about 50 times a day and all I get is the answering machine.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          The goofiest part, in all likelyhood someone would get hired after disclosing most of what's been discussed here. We're not talking about stuff likely to be a deal-breaker, just the dumbass/stupid kid stuff likely to set one back some time and effort.

I agree.

Also, I hate to tell you guys this, but don't you think a good investigator would read these forums? So you may want to rethink your statements in a public forum that can be read by anyone.

It's no skin off my back what you do, but I would seriously think about what you are doing and the consequences.
          Last edited by will0861; 10-15-2008, 11:49 PM.
          ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
          Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
          March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
          July 09 Oral Board
          Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
          Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin03 View Post
            Is anyone else here having trouble getting in touch with the medical unit. I have left two messages and two e-mails with no response. I have tried all three numbers about 50 times a day and all I get is the answering machine.
            Called them twice two weeks ago with 1 1/2 day turnaround. Did you address messages to the person handling your case?

Comment

I'd bet you most adjudicators and BI's wish less people would admit to miniscule crap therefore they'd have alot less paperwork. Everyone needs to quit high fluting and tell it like it is. This is the real world, dog eat dog, as they say.
              I'd rather hear the bad information from the person than a reference, it is easier to type up that way. More people are contacted than the ones you put on the paper, so you would have to talk to a lot of your friends/neighbors/associates, who you might not know how to contact if you want the truth to be hidden. The best advice is to answer all of the questions on the form as honestly as possible, even if it might cause you issues. If the issue does not have any place in your life now, then it won't be an issue. If you quit taking drugs a year ago and consider it to not have any place in your life, you are still ineligible for the job for a few more years, but if you lie about it you will not be asked back for a very, very long time.
              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                I can't agree with this. Adjudicators get paid to sift through all sorts of things. They are paid to judge a person based on many different factors and what is reported. To assume that they are sick of seeing things is silly.

On top of that, If you think you're rolling the dice on your job future by disclosing everything, going the other route is just as bad (and is probably worse).
                I wasnt trying to get everyone all excited, just a bit of advice. No one has to agree, like i said in an earlier post, everyone has to do whats best for themselves. People can google regulations and copy/paste them all they want. Ive never done drugs and disclosed all my past history in full on my security forms. Im not worried about being imprisoned for lying. It was just my opinion regarding people worried about losing the job over smokin weed once 10 years ago while in college. Its like someone answerng "yes" on a job application to having had suicidal thoughts in there life. While they're obviously stilll alive now, so why lose a job opportunity? I would never advocate lying about an arrest or past employers, etc. There's a difference between being an honest person and losing a job opportunity by bringing old stuff that in my opinion is irrelevant.

Comment

• Madchicken:

You said "And beyond that, I think the majority of us do not want to work with a piece of crap who knows he can't get hired by telling the truth and has no integrity."

And trust me no one wants to work with someone who cant have an adult conversation without resorting to insults, taking cheap shots and pretending their sh** dont stink...

Comment

And trust me no one wants to work with someone who cant have an adult conversation without resorting to insults, taking cheap shots and pretending their sh** dont stink...
                    Oh no, it stinks... There is nothing "adult" about advocating that people falsify documents in order to get hired. This isn't Podunk PD, there are penalties for lying here. But I guess you just skimmed right over the whole felony part of my post.

Comment

• Can we stay focused on the main purpose of this forums?

Lying is wrong...if you get caught lying your screwed. Everyone got that? Good

Now lets move on......

Comment

• Captain Integrity Disagrees....

Barnaj - I remember my BI asking me if I've every done anything wrong. Lots of silence on his part, thinking on my part, silence on his part...until I came up with an answer, which was the Ice Plant War when I was 11 years old.

IMHO: CBP Badge = Integrity. *deleted* maybe someone "quoted" it?

Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                        Its not complicated. What is complicated is starting from scratch looking for another good job because you were trying to be captain integrity and brought up some old stuff that has no place in your life now. I'd bet you most adjudicators and BI's wish less people would admit to miniscule crap therefore they'd have alot less paperwork. Everyone needs to quit high fluting and tell it like it is. This is the real world, dog eat dog, as they say.
                        Last edited by bronze01; 10-16-2008, 11:45 AM. Reason: It just wasn't fair *smile*

Comment

• Yawn. Barnaj is correct. Obviously some people on here have a difficult time judging the difference between hiding something and not mentioning something because it was such a minuscule event that it wastes everyones time anyways.

The same people who would probably give out a ticket for having a window tint grade 2% over the legal limit. ITS AGAINST THE LAW THE LAW IS THE LAW ARRRRRRRRRR ARRRR!. no. you are just being a dumbass.

but you gotta understand thats how alot of these guys are. Dont be such a robot. Use your JUDGEMENT. They WILL find out about things that matter, so if you hide something, you are screwed anyway. There is no room for poor judgement in this line of work.

So to each his/her own. Mention the time you walked into your apartment and smelled your roomate smoking weed so you mustve inhaled some in the air. If you want to be a dufus, go ahead. dont listen to these guys telling you to divulge everytime you j-walked or had a bad thought.

EDIT: this is the last ill speak about this topic. movin on.
                          Last edited by colinm112; 10-16-2008, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Fyi....

Tazers are right around the corner. From what I understand, will be a choice if you want to carry. Starts implementing Nov 2008 in Southern Borders then nationwide.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
                              Tazers are right around the corner. From what I understand, will be a choice if you want to carry. Starts implementing Nov 2008 in Southern Borders then nationwide.

That is good to hear and it's about time. The TASER is an awesome tool.

Comment

• Originally posted by wmcgalrd View Post
                                That is good to hear and it's about time. The TASER is an awesome tool.
                                Umm if your issued a taser you have to qualify on it. I don't know about you but I'm not interested in taking any "ride".

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12820 users online. 488 members and 12332 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X