300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by isnabero View Post
    just research jfk hotels. there are tons of it around the airport. is that where youre taking your poly?
    Thats where I'm taking my 3rd poly... Took it 2x in Buffalo then requested another examiner when he told me I'd need to come back again . I'm a 2013 northeast applicant.

Comment

• Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
      Thats where I'm taking my 3rd poly... Took it 2x in Buffalo then requested another examiner when he told me I'd need to come back again . I'm a 2013 northeast applicant.
      Oh wow. Took it three times and both came back inconclusive ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• This will be the 3rd @steph631_

Comment

This will be the 3rd @steph631_
          good luck! im also 13-1 waiting for poly.
          Geo Central East Coast
          CBPO Exam 9/20/2013
          NOR 10/24/13
          TSL 12/18/13
          Medical/PFT1 1/27/14
          VBT/SI 5/8/14
          eQIP received 9/19/14
          eQIP submitted 9/24/14
          Fingerprints submitted 9/25/14
          Case in security office 10/17/14

Comment

My Co worker got a call for his a few weeks ago he scheduled it for mid jan in Detroit.. We live in NY so hes gotta fly. They told him too they are backed up and if he didn't fly to Detroit he'd be looking at may.. Which means June with these people. I took my pft1 last Jan.

Comment

My Co worker got a call for his a few weeks ago he scheduled it for mid jan in Detroit.. We live in NY so hes gotta fly. They told him too they are backed up and if he didn't fly to Detroit he'd be looking at may.. Which means June with these people. I took my pft1 last Jan.
              Oh wow. That stinks. I can't afford to fly out to take a polygraph that's insane. And take a day or two off from work ugh hope I don't have to fly anywhere but then again it's expected and I'm ready for the bummer. My VBT is Tuesday and I'm nervous as all heck

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                Oh wow. That stinks. I can't afford to fly out to take a polygraph that's insane. And take a day or two off from work ugh hope I don't have to fly anywhere but then again it's expected and I'm ready for the bummer. My VBT is Tuesday and I'm nervous as all heck

VBT think customer service Not LE. It's so easy, But awkward too. talking to a TV and not getting a response back when you still have 30 seconds left to respond was strange. pm me if you have other questions.

Comment

• Some people are saying the VBT is easy, then I'm reading some are failing. I guess it just depends on the person.

If you don't get offered to take the SI directly after does that mean you fail??

Comment

My Co worker got a call for his a few weeks ago he scheduled it for mid jan in Detroit.. We live in NY so hes gotta fly. They told him too they are backed uhp and if he didn't fly to Detroit he'd be looking at may.. Which means June with these people. I took my pft1 last Jan.
                    i just want an update im from nyc as well lol
                    Geo Central East Coast
                    CBPO Exam 9/20/2013
                    NOR 10/24/13
                    TSL 12/18/13
                    Medical/PFT1 1/27/14
                    VBT/SI 5/8/14
                    eQIP received 9/19/14
                    eQIP submitted 9/24/14
                    Fingerprints submitted 9/25/14
                    Case in security office 10/17/14

Comment

• Originally posted by Precious539 View Post
                      Some people are saying the VBT is easy, then I'm reading some are failing. I guess it just depends on the person.
                      That and circumstance and poor advice.

Edited to add...

It's also probably not that easy. Not to 100% of applicants.
                      Last edited by merlin436; 01-03-2015, 05:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Precious539 View Post
                        Some people are saying the VBT is easy, then I'm reading some are failing. I guess it just depends on the person.

If you don't get offered to take the SI directly after does that mean you fail??
                        Its common sense, although its not too common anymore.
                        Just use your best judgment, be professional and you'll do fine.

And yes, usually, if you don't get the SI you didn't pass the VBT.
                        Geo - East Texas
                        Exam date - 9/7/2013
                        NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
                        TSL - 11/27/2014
                        PFT1 - 12/27/2014
                        VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
                        EQIP - 1/18/2014
                        Credit check - 2/4/2014
                        GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
                        Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
                        Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
                        Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
                        Drug Test - 6/26/2014
                        PFT2 - 7/10/2014
                        EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
                        FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
                        CBP Session #359 Guidon
                        Awarded Physical Training Award

Comment

Me too; I'm 13-1 applicant. I took mine in Nov. (Poly), but didn't receive a message, an email or a call from them. He told me (the polygraph guy), that he going to recommend me for a second chance because I just get an inconclusive test. Well is better that fail. I hope to get some news this month.

Comment

• deleted but "deleted" is too short so I wrote all this.
                            Last edited by SM3; 01-03-2015, 02:57 AM.
                            SM3

CBPO

14-2
                            Geo: Central East Coast, United States
                            Grade: GS-7
                            CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
                            NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
                            TSL: 11/18/2014
                            Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
                            01/06/15 VBT/SI
                            01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
                            03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

VBT think customer service Not LE. It's so easy, But awkward too. talking to a TV and not getting a response back when you still have 30 seconds left to respond was strange. pm me if you have other questions.
                              So, if you feel like you said what you had to say and there is 30 seconds left, do you just stand there silently? I would feel like I had to come up with something extra to fill the silence. Everyone at work is lecturing me not to over think the scenarios :-)
                              Last edited by SM3; 01-03-2015, 09:04 AM.
                              SM3

CBPO

14-2
                              Geo: Central East Coast, United States
                              Grade: GS-7
                              CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
                              NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
                              TSL: 11/18/2014
                              Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
                              01/06/15 VBT/SI
                              01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
                              03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 View Post
                                So, if you feel like you said what you had to say and there is 30 seconds left, do you just stand there silently? I would feel like I had to come up with something extra to full the silence. Eveeryone at work is lecturing me not to over think the scenarios :-)
                                Dude, answer the questions based on you. Your life experiences, your work experiences, your background and upbringing and preferences.

You're being judged. Not your workmates, not some Internet board poster, not me. None of us will be there with you and even if we were, it's not our opinions that matter.. it's yours.

Go in there, answer the questions to the best of your knowkedge, abilities, skills, and other characteristics that define and empower you.

That's all you should really do. That's all you should really prepare for. Prepare to be yourself.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7471 users online. 267 members and 7204 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X