300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BJL905 View Post
    And you want to stay in NJ?! Lol...... I'm in Chatham and I couldn't get out fast enough. NJ is a money pit. Lol
    Yea I'm not ready to up and leave yet. Plus my finance has a good job he can't just up and leave either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by jimguy56 View Post
      regardless I'm moving from Fort Lauderdale but I have family closer to Newark I'll see you at fletc!
      Moving from Ft. Lauderdale?! Owe! Did that 11ish years ago thinking I'd go back :-) Good luck and happy new year (to everyone).
      SM3

CBPO

14-2
      Geo: Central East Coast, United States
      Grade: GS-7
      CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
      NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
      TSL: 11/18/2014
      Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
      01/06/15 VBT/SI
      01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
      03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 View Post
        Moving from Ft. Lauderdale?! Owe! Did that 11ish years ago thinking I'd go back :-) Good luck and happy new year (to everyone).
        its not going to be easy that's for sure. But for the opportunity to grow it will be worth it. The comforting fact is that I'll have all my family up there. Happy new year folks!

Comment

its not going to be easy that's for sure. But for the opportunity to grow it will be worth it. The comforting fact is that I'll have all my family up there. Happy new year folks!
          Why are u leaving FL. THATS somewhere I'd move to from
          Jersey lol

Comment

same here with me I'll be moving to SFO from far too. It won't be easy, but its a no letting go opportunity. Hope its goes well.

Comment

• Green check for my fitness. 14-2 app.

Comment

• Originally posted by BK8675309 View Post
                Green check for my fitness. 14-2 app.
                Nice. I'm waiting on my medical check. :-(

Comment

• Graduated fletc academy Dec. 30th.

If anyone has any questions about the academy or what to expect, feel free to PM.

good luck everyone, and happy new years!

-Future
                  Geo - East Texas
                  Exam date - 9/7/2013
                  NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
                  TSL - 11/27/2014
                  PFT1 - 12/27/2014
                  VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
                  EQIP - 1/18/2014
                  Credit check - 2/4/2014
                  GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
                  Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
                  Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
                  Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
                  Drug Test - 6/26/2014
                  PFT2 - 7/10/2014
                  EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
                  FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
                  CBP Session #359 Guidon
                  Awarded Physical Training Award

Comment

• 1) Im also from NJ like many of you and this place sucks! haha

2) I'm just wondering why so many people ask how it is to work at a certain duty station. I know your location matters if you have a family but from my point of view I do not care where they place me, the hours, the workers, nothing. I have wanted a federal position for a long time and I'll do whatever they ask me to. Should you really care what it is like at a certain station? You have a dream job thousands are praying they get everyday. Remember how lucky you are when you get it

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
                      1) Im also from NJ like many of you and this place sucks! haha

2) I'm just wondering why so many people ask how it is to work at a certain duty station. I know your location matters if you have a family but from my point of view I do not care where they place me, the hours, the workers, nothing. I have wanted a federal position for a long time and I'll do whatever they ask me to. Should you really care what it is like at a certain station? You have a dream job thousands are praying they get everyday. Remember how lucky you are when you get it
                      Heeyyy lol I like jersey. Maybe it's cause I wasn't born here. Only been here for a few years

Comment

True, and I'm not the one asking that questions but, the unknown is the scariest thing most people ever face. No one has said, "tell me if it's bad, because if it's bad I'm not going." They are just searching for knowledge/ information. There is nothing wrong with that? I think you are assuming some negative motivation on the part of people just asking questions out of curisity, that just want to know what they can expect, good, bad, or ugly. It is wise to be prepared to the best of your abilities. jmho.
                        SM3

CBPO

14-2
                        Geo: Central East Coast, United States
                        Grade: GS-7
                        CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
                        NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
                        TSL: 11/18/2014
                        Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
                        01/06/15 VBT/SI
                        01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
                        03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

How much of a dream job would it be, if there were mass corruption. I've heard horror stories about some ports.
                          Most people will take a pay cut also for a federal job, so if families are used to living off a certain salary, then take this cut for a fed. Job, though temporary, it makes sense if people want to know how advancement opportunities work at various ports. Because it IS quicker and easier at some over others... once you hit journeyman of course.

Seeings as I'm young, I'm in the same mind set as you, anything they want done, I'm doing it.
                          Geo - East Texas
                          Exam date - 9/7/2013
                          NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
                          TSL - 11/27/2014
                          PFT1 - 12/27/2014
                          VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
                          EQIP - 1/18/2014
                          Credit check - 2/4/2014
                          GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
                          Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
                          Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
                          Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
                          Drug Test - 6/26/2014
                          PFT2 - 7/10/2014
                          EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
                          FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
                          CBP Session #359 Guidon
                          Awarded Physical Training Award

Comment

• Can anyone that had to go to jfk for a poly recommend a hotel as close by as possible? I only live 2. 5hours away but still don't want to chance anything for an 815 poly.

Comment

• Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
                              Can anyone that had to go to jfk for a poly recommend a hotel as close by as possible? I only live 2. 5hours away but still don't want to chance anything for an 815 poly.
                              Use one of the hotel/travel websites?

Comment

• Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
                                Can anyone that had to go to jfk for a poly recommend a hotel as close by as possible? I only live 2. 5hours away but still don't want to chance anything for an 815 poly.
                                just research jfk hotels. there are tons of it around the airport. is that where youre taking your poly?
                                Geo Central East Coast
                                CBPO Exam 9/20/2013
                                NOR 10/24/13
                                TSL 12/18/13
                                Medical/PFT1 1/27/14
                                VBT/SI 5/8/14
                                eQIP received 9/19/14
                                eQIP submitted 9/24/14
                                Fingerprints submitted 9/25/14
                                Case in security office 10/17/14

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11878 users online. 447 members and 11431 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X