Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Lawyer View Post
    OC = Oleoresin Capsicum spray...pepper spray
    Oh ok lol duh. Well I've been pepper sprayed before at the police explorers I was in and though it was painful I think I can survive it again. Idk how I feel about the taser being that idk what to expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
      Oh ok lol duh. Well I've been pepper sprayed before at the police explorers I was in and though it was painful I think I can survive it again. Idk how I feel about the taser being that idk what to expect.

It feels like sticking your finger in an electrical socket or doing some terrible DIY wiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowtrain View Post
        It feels like sticking your hand in an electrical socket.
        Well I've never done that Lmbo but doesn't sound too fun. I'm scared now [emoji57]

Comment

• 14-2 applicant here!!! East Coast texas... took my drug test last tuesday... still waiting the call
          Last edited by Abner Rios; 12-22-2014, 10:15 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

• [QUOTE=Steph631_;3568005]What's OC ?

Hell in a container

Comment

• I hate to call someone out by their real name, but need to see if someone is on this thread. I received two e-mails for my VBT and thought it was funny. Then I realized the times were 1 hour apart. Then I realized the 2nd one is actually to someone else, but e-mailed to me. I responded to let the sender know, but am unsure if that box takes incoming mail. So, to be safe, is

Michale Colantonio

on this thread, or does anyone know him??? If so, please PM me.

Sorry again,
              SM3

CBPO

14-2
              Geo: Central East Coast, United States
              Grade: GS-7
              CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
              NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
              TSL: 11/18/2014
              Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
              01/06/15 VBT/SI
              01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
              03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• I think you mean your VBT is 1/14/15. Good luck. :-)
                SM3

CBPO

14-2
                Geo: Central East Coast, United States
                Grade: GS-7
                CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
                NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
                TSL: 11/18/2014
                Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
                01/06/15 VBT/SI
                01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
                03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

Oh fun. NOT. How is that?

I believe that the academy exposure pepper spray is a weakened version of OC basically used to give people a taste of what OC can do.

I was sprayed post academy with duty carry spray during intermediate force / firearms training. OC sucks. It's 90 minutes of burning hell. You can't see. It's hard to breathe. The best thing about it is it ****es you off, pumps you up and gets you focused.

An hour and 45 minutes after exposure I was on the range shooting one of my best and tightest qualifications ever.

TASER to me wasn't that bad...but I've past experience working jobs in the farm, electrical, and the entertainment/stage industries where I've shocked myself on my butt before.

Don't take me wrong...it's not fun. On the other hand it's only five seconds long and once you work through in your brain what's happening it's pretty much a handful of seconds of great unpleasantness. .

Comment

• Hello people.. I take my PFT 1 next week I'm nervous. I don't know what to expect on the lift and side step test..

Comment

• That's the easiest part! Lol.... I'd be more concerned about the step test because that's where a lot of people fail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Precious539 View Post
                        Hello people.. I take my PFT 1 next week I'm nervous. I don't know what to expect on the lift and side step test..
                        I was nervous too but trust what we all say it's not that bad. I' did the lift lower test in 20 something seconds. And I did 12 side steps.

Originally posted by BJL905 View Post
                        That's the easiest part! Lol.... I'd be more concerned about the step test because that's where a lot of people fail.
                        I agree practice the side step using the 120 steps per minute cadence on YouTube. It' drained me out I almost wanted to collapse flat on the ground.

Comment

• Fitness went green today on CASS and my medical says "your medical has been sent to our Medical Review Office for a determination. We normally receive a determination approximately 4 weeks after your exam date."

Took both exams Dec. 17.

Comment

I was nervous too but trust what we all say it's not that bad. I' did the lift lower test in 20 something seconds. And I did 12 side steps.

I agree practice the side step using the 120 steps per minute cadence on YouTube. It' drained me out I almost wanted to collapse flat on the ground.

Thank you all, I practiced the step test with the actual audio and did it pretty well surprisingly. I just cant find anything 50 pounds to lift lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Precious539 View Post
                              Thank you all, I practiced the step test with the actual audio and did it pretty well surprisingly. I just cant find anything 50 pounds to lift lol
                              I used a 35 lb dumbbell and a 20 lb kettle ball in a crate my uncle got from a groceries store.

Comment

• Thanks a lot

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9735 users online. 446 members and 9289 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X