Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait is not a bother to me...

Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    Im shocked that it's taking so long for you to get called. I remember in '07 going into TSU status on CASS on Tuesday and getting offered a job Wednesday morning.
    I'm presently doing the work of three CBP Technicians (I've replaced). I've made $17.5K this last FY in OT. Believe me, I'm in no hurry to go to FLETC until maybe class 0920 (12/30/08)(after season greeting holidays)(That's what I'm shooting for when I get "The Call". IMHO, spending New Years @ FLETC would be a blast.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
      Will be one month in Scheduling as of Oct 17 (Friday). I'm done (nothing pending). They say 30 - 60 day window...I'll be looking out that window after Friday (Over 30 days). I expect the call by COB October 31, 2008.

I'm looking for Washington State. My above calculation is from other CBPO wannabes for that location.

I've enjoyed watching all these other applicants for the Miami area getting there EODs so fast. I think that's great for them. Time wise, it's all about Location. I'm willing to wait for Washington where my Smokey The Bear Hat will become so waterlogged (rain) that I can mold it into a Cowboy Hat. *smile*.

I can't wait to "Catch a Bad Guy" with all you other, already CBPOs. It's a great job, been watching/involved for over 5 years now.

Everyone here, I believe, is making a great career move. *thumbs up*
      I've been in TSU since July 28, so simmer down youngin!

Seriously though, their budget is coming out right about now. After that things should get rolling but I've talked to guys on this board that were sent to TSU in early July and are still waiting. So there is going to be a backlog they need to work through I'm guessing.

As for the disclosure thing, tell them everything, this is your one and only "come to jesus" moment. If you omit somthing now and it comes up ten years from now they've got the right to fire you and negate all your benefits. I had to write some letters to explain away some minor stuff, it was a pain and delayed things but now I'm going in with a clean slate.

Just my opinion.

Comment

• Remember that if personnel do discover past trangressions, whether drug use or etc. during your employment as an officer, you're going to be axed for not being honest up front during the application process. Now does this mean that one should disclose an entire laundry list of deviant behaviors on the application? No, but I would disclose anything that you believe will be a detriment in you getting hired. The investigators may state that they only check your past drug use for the last seven years, but I'm sure through their investigations they will check your background going as far back as they have to. I'd much rather tell the truth about anything potentially harmful now then sit at home waiting to see if an investigation will find something out.

Just follow your conscience in what you disclose. Barnaj is right... you don't have to tell your whole life story. At the same time, I think there's a lot to be said for someone who is upfront about bad situations so that in case an investigator does get an alarm bell, you don't have to worry about explaining what happened. Remember that you will get a chance to explain the circumstance of any situation unless you've done something totally out of wack. Better things get delayed so that everything is cleared away before you step into a position with a lot of undiscovered baggage.
        CBPO- Hawaii
        Written: 07/31/08
        TO: 09/23/08
        Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
        Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
        Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
        Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
        VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
        BI: Completed (2/19/09)
        Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
        Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

IEA
        TO: 11/4/08

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
          I've been in TSU since July 28, so simmer down youngin!

Seriously though, their budget is coming out right about now. After that things should get rolling but I've talked to guys on this board that were sent to TSU in early July and are still waiting. So there is going to be a backlog they need to work through I'm guessing.

As for the disclosure thing, tell them everything, this is your one and only "come to jesus" moment. If you omit somthing now and it comes up ten years from now they've got the right to fire you and negate all your benefits. I had to write some letters to explain away some minor stuff, it was a pain and delayed things but now I'm going in with a clean slate.

Just my opinion.
          Well put. Although, i dont see why 10 years from now they would find something that they had not discovered up until then. I know everyone is doing what they think is best, so hopefully we will all have some good luck soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBonk112 View Post
            Remember that if personnel do discover past trangressions, whether drug use or etc. during your employment as an officer, you're going to be axed for not being honest up front during the application process. Now does this mean that one should disclose an entire laundry list of deviant behaviors on the application? No, but I would disclose anything that you believe will be a detriment in you getting hired. The investigators may state that they only check your past drug use for the last seven years, but I'm sure through their investigations they will check your background going as far back as they have to. I'd much rather tell the truth about anything potentially harmful now then sit at home waiting to see if an investigation will find something out.

Just follow your conscience in what you disclose. Barnaj is right... you don't have to tell your whole life story. At the same time, I think there's a lot to be said for someone who is upfront about bad situations so that in case an investigator does get an alarm bell, you don't have to worry about explaining what happened. Remember that you will get a chance to explain the circumstance of any situation unless you've done something totally out of wack. Better things get delayed so that everything is cleared away before you step into a position with a lot of undiscovered baggage.
            Another thing about not disclosing stuff is that in the future you may be required to take a polygraph, especially once you start moving up in the ranks and need security clearances.

Personally I told the investigator about my drug use and he had no problem with it. It was all when I was a minor and almost 10 years since the last time. My background cleared in 2 weeks...
            GEO Pref: MIA
            Written: 8/08 (99 w/VP)
            TO: 9/08
            Pre-employment Forms: Completed
            Medical: Completed
            Fitness: Completed
            VBT: Completed 12/4
            BI: Completed
            Qualifications: Completed
            TSU: 12/4
            EOD: 2/17
            FLETC: 3/12 Class 934

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
              Are you already a FED employee?
              no.
              Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
              This is a hunch and only a hunch. But possibly because you received an unsuitable letter initially MHC will wait until you are preliminary cleared by the security department before they spend money on interviews and med/fit tests.
              that sounds legit. im just waiting in hopes i got those pre-employment forms and what about the whole thing about disclosing your drug usage? after reading some of your guys's posts it got me a little worried. the last time i did marijuana was on my 21st birthday about two years ago. im by no means a pot head but after i got out of that stage in my life (in jr high) i did do it a handful more times over the next few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
                no.

that sounds legit. im just waiting in hopes i got those pre-employment forms and what about the whole thing about disclosing your drug usage? after reading some of your guys's posts it got me a little worried. the last time i did marijuana was on my 21st birthday about two years ago. im by no means a pot head but after i got out of that stage in my life (in jr high) i did do it a handful more times over the next few years.
                Don't be consumed with anxiety about your drug use. WHat you did in the past is over with. Just be honest on your SF-86 because there are two questions dealing with past drug use. One, if you've ever used anything in the past seven years and two, if you've ever trafficked or sold any drugs. The latter may automatically DQ you, but that's just my speculation. All you can do is put down the facts. From the previous posts, stranger things have happened during the BI and you never know if they will overlook your drug use. But I would bet that you may receive a NOPA as some others have stated. So again, you will have a chance to explain the circumstances behind your drug use. IF anything, we've all made mistakes in the past that we regret. But it's how we overcame those mistakes and allowed ourselves to better our lives in the end. It's easier said than done, but all you can do is just wait because there is only so much we can do during this process. From friends that have told me, the BI process is very thorough and they will find things about your life that you may have even forgotten yourself. To reiterate, be very frank and honest.
                CBPO- Hawaii
                Written: 07/31/08
                TO: 09/23/08
                Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
                Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
                Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
                Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
                VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
                BI: Completed (2/19/09)
                Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
                Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

IEA
                TO: 11/4/08

Comment

• Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
                  no.

Have you applied and gone through the pre-hiring processes with any other Fed. job?

My guess is that they have activated your file and you are soon to be issued a NOPA.

Will you beat a NOPA with only two years between now and your last drug usage. Doubtful.

Comment

• I can't believe that anyone on here is advocating anything but full and total disclosure of past illegal drug use. It appears that some of you will be riding the short bus back from this career.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
                      I'm presently doing the work of three CBP Technicians (I've replaced). I've made $17.5K this last FY in OT. Believe me, I'm in no hurry to go to FLETC until maybe class 0920 (12/30/08)(after season greeting holidays)(That's what I'm shooting for when I get "The Call". IMHO, spending New Years @ FLETC would be a blast.
                      Waiting 30 days for the call for WA? That sounds pretty crazy. Is it Seattle you are waiting for? New Years Evewill be a great day for me at FLETC. It's the day I'm finally out of here. :-) It can't come soon enough! Good luck to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        I can't believe that anyone on here is advocating anything but full and total disclosure of past illegal drug use. It appears that some of you will be riding the short bus back from this career.
                        That's what I was thinking. Don't lie, don't omit, just tell the truth! How complicated is that?

Comment

• Originally posted by jwm0516 View Post
                          That's what I was thinking. Don't lie, don't omit, just tell the truth! How complicated is that?
                          Its not complicated. What is complicated is starting from scratch looking for another good job because you were trying to be captain integrity and brought up some old stuff that has no place in your life now. I'd bet you most adjudicators and BI's wish less people would admit to miniscule crap therefore they'd have alot less paperwork. Everyone needs to quit high fluting and tell it like it is. This is the real world, dog eat dog, as they say.
                          Last edited by barnaj; 10-15-2008, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• can anyone provide me with the phone number for MHC?

PM is fine
                            Better to die than live a coward.

"An unarmed man is a subject, an armed man is a citizen" Thomas Paine

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                              Its not complicated. What is complicated is starting from scratch looking for another good job because you were trying to be captain integrity and brought up some old stuff that has no place in your life now. I'd bet you most adjudicators and BI's wish less people would admit to miniscule crap therefore they'd have alot less paperwork. Everyone needs to quit high fluting and tell it like it is. This is the real world, dog eat dog, as they say.
                              I'll say the clock is ticking on your short and somewhat eventful career in federal law enforcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                                You want to tell it like it is?

Ok, here goes... ITS A FEDERAL CRIME TO LIE, OMIT, OR MAKE FALSE STATEMENTS ON THE SF-86, PUNISHABLE BY TERMINATION, IMPRISONMENT, AND FINE.

Penalties for Inaccurate or False Statements
                                The U.S. Criminal Code (title 18, section 1001) provides that knowingly falsifying or concealing a material fact is a felony which may result in fines and/or up to 5 years of imprisonment.

And beyond that, I think the majority of us do not want to work with a piece of crap who knows he can't get hired by telling the truth and has no integrity.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10354 users online. 203 members and 10151 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X