300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
    I found a milk crate and put weights in it. I put 60 lbs when I practiced and made the lift higher than what is required. Made the actual test easier for me.
    How have you been moving along? I haven't had any movement since submitting my Eqip back in October. No Credit pull or anything. Just says "In security Office".

Comment

• Originally posted by Megan_T24 View Post
      Yeah, I definitely understand your point and I know deep down that's why I was offered a 5. With that being said, I feel like the last 6 years of "experience" I have had are a waste. A kid out of college could qualify at the same grade as me. Regardless of actual "work load" as a cop, I think the responsibility of carrying a gun every day and wearing the uniform should mean more than it does. Regardless if I use my training or not, I still endured a normal 6.5 month police academy and learned all the skills a "normal" police officer does.
      I completely understand. I have changed careers several times, and often hired, assigned tasks, and promoted based on previous experience(s)/careers. Yet they only want to pay based on other criteria.

However, try not to take it too hard, 1) it should make FLETC easier for you. Also, in my experience if you maintain a positive attitude and offer to help when you experience would be valuable, you will get put on projects that will help you in the long run. I don't know enough about this entity to say for sure, but it will probably help you after GS-12.

Either way, good luck.
      SM3

CBPO

14-2
      Geo: Central East Coast, United States
      Grade: GS-7
      CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
      NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
      TSL: 11/18/2014
      Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
      01/06/15 VBT/SI
      01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
      03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
        How have you been moving along? I haven't had any movement since submitting my Eqip back in October. No Credit pull or anything. Just says "In security Office".
        Not been moving at all, submitted my eqip at beginning of Oct as well but mine doesn't even say "in security office" yet. Seems like most have their cass updated within a week of submitting eqip.
        Geo- Florida
        CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
        NOR- 98 10/25/13
        Qual- GS 7
        TSL- 2/28/14
        PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
        VBT/SI- 5/9/14
        VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
        BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
        BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
        BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by mnc3672 View Post
          Can anyone speak about NY or JFK location? Is that a spot people will swap to get or is it an undesirable location for most people? Essentially, if I were to hypothetically be assigned to JFK would it be easy to switch out and get to a more low-key area? Just curious....just trying to figure out life stuff. Cheers again.

Mike
          Based on what I'm seeing on this forum and others, it doesn't seem too desirable. Lol...... I'd imagine it would be due to commuting and cost of living.

Comment

Can anyone speak about NY or JFK location? Is that a spot people will swap to get or is it an undesirable location for most people? Essentially, if I were to hypothetically be assigned to JFK would it be easy to switch out and get to a more low-key area? Just curious....just trying to figure out life stuff. Cheers again.

Mike
            On the up-side, a large port, requiring lots of people, with high turnover, and relatively low desirability, can make for more oppurtunity for those there. Just a thought.
            SM3

CBPO

14-2
            Geo: Central East Coast, United States
            Grade: GS-7
            CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
            NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
            TSL: 11/18/2014
            Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
            01/06/15 VBT/SI
            01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
            03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• Does anyone know if Charlotte North Carolina is considered a BIG port?

Comment

• Anyone here took their poly in November met with their BI yet? Took my poly on nov 5th in dc waiting to hear/sit down with BI..

Comment

• i have a question. I took my cbp entrance exam early september and received a rating of 95 but after i received the test results i have not heard from them. How long does it take to hear from them after the test results? any information would be helpful thanks.

Comment

Does anyone know if Charlotte North Carolina is considered a BIG port?
                    Charlotte is pretty big. Do you live in Charlotte?

Comment

• Originally posted by sergioArias View Post
                      i have a question. I took my cbp entrance exam early september and received a rating of 95 but after i received the test results i have not heard from them. How long does it take to hear from them after the test results? any information would be helpful thanks.
                      What geo did you select? That may be why you haven't heard anything. I'm in the same boat as you - received test results and have yet to hear anything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by cnm313 View Post
                        What geo did you select? That may be why you haven't heard anything. I'm in the same boat as you - received test results and have yet to hear anything else.
                        I guess we are all in the same boat.

Comment

• Passed my polygraph in October, but i haven't heard anything since. No changes in cass. Hard to stay patient. :/

Comment

Does anyone know if Charlotte North Carolina is considered a BIG port?
                            It's not big. It's small-medium.

One thing Charlotte has for it over most ports it's size is that Charlotte is an area port who at least nominally controls several additional NC ports. Being an area port it has access to additional admin and support people, tools, technology, and infrastructure that many ports it's size or larger lack.

Comment

• I took my first poly Oct 30th and I was told it didn't look good and it would have to be reviewed so after waiting for an entire month I finally got the phone call to take my 2nd poly scheduled for Dec 22nd. Wish me luck...

Comment

• Originally posted by perpwatcher View Post
                                I took my first poly Oct 30th and I was told it didn't look good and it would have to be reviewed so after waiting for an entire month I finally got the phone call to take my 2nd poly scheduled for Dec 22nd. Wish me luck...
                                Same story here. I was told i fail. And got called for 2nd one. Good luck man and keep us post it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7527 users online. 418 members and 7109 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X