300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mk_23 View Post
    Lol it not a stupid question..yes as long as your breast area touch the block your good..
    Omg thank the lord. U just saved my da with this lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mk_23 View Post
      2-3 mintues
      Do u have PM off ? Just wanted to pm u some additional questions. 🙈

Comment

• Originally posted by Hulk_is_real View Post
        So when I took the poly back in oct, they told on the spot I fail. This week got a call from CBP polygraph unit, they left voicemail to call back. I did. Guy told me he didnt have access to the internet, that he will call me.later, but he never did. I have call several times and nothing. Why they are calling is accordong to them i didnt passed?
        Who knows maybe when it was sent for review it came back as passed or inconclusive and now u can take it again. Did u check ur CASS ?

Comment

• Finally got an appointment. There was only 1 date and time available, the 18th right during another fitness exam. I'll pick Customs over the other agency any day.

Comment

• Hey dkman, this may be too late, but my package had a due of 12/12 for the e-QIP portion. The lady I spoke to said my fitness test had to be done before 12/17. So I hope the 18th isn't after your deadline. She almost scheduled my appointment for the 18th too.
            14-2 - West Coast geo
            9/6/14: Written Test
            10/31/14: NOR - Passed (98)
            11/18/14: TSL
            12/7/14: e-QIP submitted
            12/15/14: Med/PFT-1
            1/14/14: VBT/SI

Comment

• When you get offered a duty station (after you pass everything) how does it work? Obviously it has to be within your region, but do they ask you preferences first? Also, are all duty stations a go in terms of first year hires or are there some duty stations that you cannot be at as a first year? Any information would be wonderful. Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                Who knows maybe when it was sent for review it came back as passed or inconclusive and now u can take it again. Did u check ur CASS ?
                Yes. No updates on CASS. He call me today. First he asked me if it was ok that he have my case now. Gave me an appointment for dec 17. I asked him what happened since the agent that gave me the test told me i failed. He saids that in the notes only saids not successfuly completed the test. And that we need it to finish the test. What does that means?

Comment

• Originally posted by mnc3672 View Post
                  When you get offered a duty station (after you pass everything) how does it work? Obviously it has to be within your region, but do they ask you preferences first? Also, are all duty stations a go in terms of first year hires or are there some duty stations that you cannot be at as a first year? Any information would be wonderful. Cheers
                  Nope... None of your preference or anything. The port/s generally are the ones in the geo-pref. They call you and go, "You have the choice of x,y,z and you have 24 hours"....

Some are lucky to have a ton of choices and some are offered only one.

Enjoy the journey.

Comment

Yes. No updates on CASS. He call me today. First he asked me if it was ok that he have my case now. Gave me an appointment for dec 17. I asked him what happened since the agent that gave me the test told me i failed. He saids that in the notes only saids not successfuly completed the test. And that we need it to finish the test. What does that means?
                    Seems as it was inconclusive which means they couldn't tell if u passed or failed so they usually give u another poly.

Comment

It means that that job is yours. Go for it. Never give up

Comment

• Originally posted by mnc3672 View Post
                        When you get offered a duty station (after you pass everything) how does it work? Obviously it has to be within your region, but do they ask you preferences first? Also, are all duty stations a go in terms of first year hires or are there some duty stations that you cannot be at as a first year? Any information would be wonderful. Cheers
                        There are certain ports that are going to be less likely to bring in street hires. I don't know of a port where that's a 100% cannot situation.

For the most part, if a port shows hesitancy to bring in new hires, it's probably for good cause.
                        It's probably a situation where they have few personnel and limited infrastructure, Further, they probably either lack much for overall work experience or they're in a situation where they need specialized experience lacking in most new hires.

Either way, it's likely a situation where it benefits both the port and the Officers to restrict street level hiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                          This would be nice but I can see how budgeting monsters in HQ would/could argue it's not needed. Most POE's are in cities that have an adequate amount of first responders not to mention the ones already available at that actual airport. A lot of border crossing POE's are also located in towns or cities that obviously have their own EMT's. Your more remote POE's such as Sasabe or Lukeville would be vulnerable in the event of an emergency but these are located in areas where there is an abundance of BP Agents and there is USUALLY a certified EMT per shift working these areas that can respond. I'm not familiar with sea ports but again, they too would be located in towns/cities that have EMT's. I personally think a medical program/unit and all other specialty units are important and motivating for staff that might be looking for a change in pace to avoid getting burnt out from doing the same work.

Yeah, I definitely understand your point and I know deep down that's why I was offered a 5. With that being said, I feel like the last 6 years of "experience" I have had are a waste. A kid out of college could qualify at the same grade as me. Regardless of actual "work load" as a cop, I think the responsibility of carrying a gun every day and wearing the uniform should mean more than it does. Regardless if I use my training or not, I still endured a normal 6.5 month police academy and learned all the skills a "normal" police officer does.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisarias1987 View Post
                            It means that that job is yours. Go for it. Never give up
                            May the Lord hear those words!

Comment

• Can anyone speak about NY or JFK location? Is that a spot people will swap to get or is it an undesirable location for most people? Essentially, if I were to hypothetically be assigned to JFK would it be easy to switch out and get to a more low-key area? Just curious....just trying to figure out life stuff. Cheers again.

Mike

Comment

• Both people I spoke to said the 17th also but because there were so many people and 0 other appointments they will allow the 18th.
                                Originally posted by rwong013 View Post
                                Hey dkman, this may be too late, but my package had a due of 12/12 for the e-QIP portion. The lady I spoke to said my fitness test had to be done before 12/17. So I hope the 18th isn't after your deadline. She almost scheduled my appointment for the 18th too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10561 users online. 374 members and 10187 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X