Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
    [QUOTE/] Originally Posted by cargo82 View Post
    so as i thought i was in the clear and good to go i received a letter saying i am unsuitable for the position due to illegal drug use. has anyone had to respond to this? I leave to fletc in two weeks so does this mean they hold me at pre academy till this clears up. I admitted takingt hit off a joint like 3 years ago in amsterdam, so that wasnt really illegal right? My investigator even told me is was no big deal. I would appreciate any input if anyone has had to respond to this type letter.
    dude why would you mention that, its the government. I know air force pilots that have done far worse in their hayday but I can assure you they never mentioned it even in passing.

I havent read further but id like to see someone suggest how to get outta this one?[/QUOTE]

This post is kinda hard to read, but i would venture to say you'll go off to FLETC since you already have a slot assigned. It'll come up again while there, but that happens to many people. You'll just have to deal with it then.

Comment

• I kinda did the same thing now that I think about it, cept instead of mentioning something drug-related I mentioned an unnecessary heart murmor on my medical sheet. A doctor told me a year back I had a heart murmur so I was tested and it was just a normal murmur that meant nothing, but I still mentioned it on my medical papers. When I went for my CBP medical and fitness they didnt even detect it.

ANYWAYS 2 weeks later I get a 'not medically cleared' letter because of it. I just had to go back to the doc and get him to write a letter stating I was fine and attach the tests I took to show. Sent it off, 2 weeks later I was cleared. All in all it was a big avoidable mess, so its best not to mention things that dont have an impact. One can judge such things that arent worth mentioning and those that are. A hit from a joint in a foreign country years ago is one you keep to yourself id say gl though you deserve that spot cause it really shouldnt be a thang.

Comment

• ANYWAYS 2 weeks later I get a 'not medically cleared' letter because of it. I just had to go back to the doc and get him to write a letter stating I was fine and attach the tests I took to show. Sent it off, 2 weeks later I was cleared. All in all it was a big avoidable mess, so its best not to mention things that dont have an impact. One can judge such things that arent worth mentioning and those that are. A hit from a joint in a foreign country years ago is one you keep to yourself id say gl though you deserve that spot cause it really shouldnt be a thang.[/QUOTE]

Never offer any info if it's not already a matter of public record. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post

dude why would you mention that, its the government. I know air force pilots that have done far worse in their hayday but I can assure you they never mentioned it even in passing.

I havent read further but id like to see someone suggest how to get outta this one?
          I received a NOPA for past drug use also. It was 2.5 years ago while in college. I sent my response I haven't heard a yay/nay yet. However, not once did I think I shouldn't have put it down. I rather be honest and take my chances. I don't think the government is in the business of just rejecting people. No one is perfect but it is what you've done since your lack of judgments.
          Last edited by shawal16; 10-15-2008, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• Finally.....

From my outlook, I see the Minneapolis Hiring Center is getting there ducks in a row (Classes) for FY09. They've finally started entering the roster for class 0911 (11/13/08 - 03/05/09). And, completed an abundance of course schedules.

Yet I believe I read on this board that someone has an Academy date of 11/20/08 which is class 0913, yet no roster posted.

IMHO, the ball is rolling again (they may start making calls again).

We'll see. *fingers crossed*

Comment

• Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
              From my outlook, I see the Minneapolis Hiring Center is getting there ducks in a row (Classes) for FY09. They've finally started entering the roster for class 0911 (11/13/08 - 03/05/09). And, completed an abundance of course schedules.

Yet I believe I read on this board that someone has an Academy date of 11/20/08 which is class 0913, yet no roster posted.

IMHO, the ball is rolling again (they may start making calls again).

We'll see. *fingers crossed*
              Are you in TSU already or are you still pending some processes?

Comment

• Well said...

Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                ...I rather be honest and take my chances. No one is perfect but it is what you've done since your lack of judgments.
                Remember, they interview your family members, neighbors, other employees that work with you, etc. Best you tell your BI vice them finding out from an aquaintance you know.

Those who lie, well, I hope not to work with you.
                Last edited by bronze01; 10-15-2008, 01:13 PM. Reason: better reading *smile*

Comment

Remember, they interview your family members, neighbors, other employees that work with you, etc. Best you tell your BI vice them finding out from an aquaintance you know.

I'm confused...

I'm advocating honesty...

Comment

Is it really a lie to omit that you hit a joint 6 yrs ago at a party? Just talkin about saving yourself a headache. Now if your references are the guys you smoked weed with and they would rat you out, then by all means fess up.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                      Is it really a lie to omit that you hit a joint 6 yrs ago at a party? Just talkin about saving yourself a headache. Now if your references are the guys you smoked weed with and they would rat you out, then by all means fess up.
                      I highly doubt that anyone would rat me out. But I prefer to have a clean slate. Some may say its stupid..."how would they know if you didn't tell them"...blah blah .. They are probably right. I will never compromise my integrity for a job that I really want.

Comment

• Yeah barnaj...

Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                        Are you in TSU already or are you still pending some processes?
                        Will be one month in Scheduling as of Oct 17 (Friday). I'm done (nothing pending). They say 30 - 60 day window...I'll be looking out that window after Friday (Over 30 days). I expect the call by COB October 31, 2008.

I'm looking for Washington State. My above calculation is from other CBPO wannabes for that location.

I've enjoyed watching all these other applicants for the Miami area getting there EODs so fast. I think that's great for them. Time wise, it's all about Location. I'm willing to wait for Washington where my Smokey The Bear Hat will become so waterlogged (rain) that I can mold it into a Cowboy Hat. *smile*.

I can't wait to "Catch a Bad Guy" with all you other, already CBPOs. It's a great job, been watching/involved for over 5 years now.

Everyone here, I believe, is making a great career move. *thumbs up*

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                          I highly doubt that anyone would rat me out. But I prefer to have a clean slate. Some may say its stupid..."how would they know if you didn't tell them"...blah blah .. They are probably right. I will never compromise my integrity for a job that I really want.
                          Thats fine, im all for integrity. I was simply trying to make a point that there is no need to cause yourself any undue stress. They'll find their own reasons to give you heartburn. Thats like when they ask you if you alcohol has ever caused you any problems. If you got into a fight at a bar or blacked out from being drunk or fell on your face and needed stiches while drunk 5 years ago, would you answer yes to that question? Why would you?

Comment

Will be one month in Scheduling as of Oct 17 (Friday). I'm done (nothing pending). They say 30 - 60 day window...I'll be looking out that window after Friday (Over 30 days). I expect the call by COB October 31, 2008.

I'm looking for Washington State. My above calculation is from other CBPO wannabes for that location.

I've enjoyed watching all these other applicants for the Miami area getting there EODs so fast. I think that's great for them. Time wise, it's all about Location. I'm willing to wait for Washington where my Smokey The Bear Hat will become so waterlogged (rain) that I can mold it into a Cowboy Hat. *smile*.

I can't wait to "Catch a Bad Guy" with all you other, already CBPOs. It's a great job, been watching/involved for over 5 years now.

Everyone here, I believe, is making a great career move. *thumbs up*

Im shocked that it's taking so long for you to get called. I remember in '07 going into TSU status on CASS on Tuesday and getting offered a job Wednesday morning.

Comment

• shawal

I received a NOPA for past drug use also. It was 2.5 years ago while in college. I sent my response I haven't heard a yay/nay yet. However, not once did I think I shouldn't have put it down. I rather be honest and take my chances. I don't think the government is in the business of just rejecting people. No one is perfect but it is what you've done since your lack of judgments.
                              How long has it been since you sent in your response? Have you been in touch with IA?

jrq16

Comment

• My captions....

I'm confused...

I'm advocating honesty...
                                I know, if you read the caption of the post I did in reply to your statement, I said "Well Said" in the caption. No harm, no foul.

Disclaimer: When bronze01 writes a post, read it all...twice! *smile*

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11522 users online. 279 members and 11243 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X