Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or is it probably easier to get on a phone call with the president than it is to schedule my pft1. 10 calls and 2 messages....i'll try again tomorrow haha

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
      Is it just me or is it probably easier to get on a phone call with the president than it is to schedule my pft1. 10 calls and 2 messages....i'll try again tomorrow haha
      Yeah, you're right. I'm on the same page

Comment

Is it just me or is it probably easier to get on a phone call with the president than it is to schedule my pft1. 10 calls and 2 messages....i'll try again tomorrow haha
        Yeah I called like 4 times today. No luck.
        14-2 - West Coast geo
        9/6/14: Written Test
        10/31/14: NOR - Passed (98)
        11/18/14: TSL
        12/7/14: e-QIP submitted
        12/15/14: Med/PFT-1
        1/14/14: VBT/SI

Comment

• Originally posted by Cosmo7809 View Post
          14-1 applicant here. Got an email yesterday(12/4/14) to schedule my poly. Called this morning but was directed to leave a voice mail.

Curious to as if any one also from 14-1 and from East Coast was scheduled to take it locally or in DC.

Thanks.
          14-1 applicant... Got a call last month to do my poly in Detroit this month. Got it changed to DC. At least you got a phone call. I converse via email & I'm waiting on the guy to respond

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
            Omg thank you so much. I was doing it completely wrong. I was putting my farthest food outside the line. Making it a lot harder. So if I'm moving to the left only my left foot has to cross the line.
            Based on that video, it doesn't look like it's 6 feet from center to the outside line either. If that video is correct it is 6 feet total, so 3 feet to each side from center.
            Another thing I noted in the package... The description of the lift lower test doesn't say you have to turn, but the pictures seem to imply you lift, turn 90 degrees, lower to the table, remove your hands lift, turn back 90 degrees and lower to the floor, remove your hands, repeat. Can anyone confirm if I am correct or not on this?
            Also, try the step test. That 120 beat per minute cadence is way above most step tests. I found a free on-line metronome the other day and tried it, and I did it, but was sucking hard (of course I am 40 and 80lbs over-weight :-)
            Also, also, there is a good youtube video about increasing your push-ups (one for situps also). I am at work, so can't post the link, but search you tube for- how to increase your push ups by 300% (or it might be 400%) - and it will come up.

Good luck.
            SM3

CBPO

14-2
            Geo: Central East Coast, United States
            Grade: GS-7
            CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
            NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
            TSL: 11/18/2014
            Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
            01/06/15 VBT/SI
            01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
            03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

Same here! :-(
              SM3

CBPO

14-2
              01/06/15 VBT/SI
              03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• If you're a woman and working with Border Patrol interests you, applying to the BP under the current female only announcement might be a quick way to a job.
                The BP is roughly 5% female. If they're serious about bringing up their numbers to reflect more like OFO or many other LEO agencies, that means they're looking at nearly 3000 new female hires before they reach comparable numbers to OFO.
                Last edited by merlin436; 12-05-2014, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• Has anyone on this forum picked the Northwest area? I started this process 14 months ago and my SF86 is in the security office. ( have 4 green check marks) I Know it takes a while but I think it was been put on the back burner due to the mass hiring of the 2000 officers in the critical areas. Any Thoughts??

Comment

• Originally posted by Mk_23 View Post
                    Congrats on moving to the next step hopefully I get with my BI soon I took my poly nov 5th in dc...where did u take urs?
                    Took mine Nov 3rd in Minneapolis.
                    May you meet upon the level and part upon the square
                    USPIS

Applied:
                    01/28/2019
                    Exam Part 1 Passed: 01/28/2019
                    eCAP Submitted: 01/29/2019
                    Info Exchange: ?

CBPO, GEO: Midwest

Applied on: 05/05/14
                    CBPO Exam: 6/12/14
                    NOR:7/14/14=score 86 (with VET preference)
                    TSL: 8/1/14
                    EQIP/FINGERPRINTS- 8/14/14
                    MED/PFT1: 8/29/14
                    VBT/SI: 09/19/14
                    POLY: 11/03/14
                    BI: Passed Feb 2015
                    EOD: Turned down the offer due to an undesired location

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisarias1987 View Post
                      Where in NJ are you?
                      Bergen county. ? You ?

Comment

Call now. It's early. I called and got right through. Good luck

Comment

• So, a call wakes me up just now and teh number shows "Restricted". I'm like, yeah, they are calling me back to schedule. NO! It is another automated call telling me to call them and schedule! Grrrrrr :-/
                          SM3

CBPO

14-2
                          01/06/15 VBT/SI
                          03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                            Bergen county. ? You ?
                            North Jersey!
                            Geo Central East Coast
                            CBPO Exam 9/20/2013
                            NOR 10/24/13
                            TSL 12/18/13
                            Medical/PFT1 1/27/14
                            VBT/SI 5/8/14
                            eQIP received 9/19/14
                            eQIP submitted 9/24/14
                            Fingerprints submitted 9/25/14
                            Case in security office 10/17/14

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 View Post
                              So, a call wakes me up just now and teh number shows "Restricted". I'm like, yeah, they are calling me back to schedule. NO! It is another automated call telling me to call them and schedule! Grrrrrr :-/
                              I know the feeling!
                              Geo Central East Coast
                              CBPO Exam 9/20/2013
                              NOR 10/24/13
                              TSL 12/18/13
                              Medical/PFT1 1/27/14
                              VBT/SI 5/8/14
                              eQIP received 9/19/14
                              eQIP submitted 9/24/14
                              Fingerprints submitted 9/25/14
                              Case in security office 10/17/14

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 View Post
                                Based on that video, it doesn't look like it's 6 feet from center to the outside line either. If that video is correct it is 6 feet total, so 3 feet to each side from center.
                                Another thing I noted in the package... The description of the lift lower test doesn't say you have to turn, but the pictures seem to imply you lift, turn 90 degrees, lower to the table, remove your hands lift, turn back 90 degrees and lower to the floor, remove your hands, repeat. Can anyone confirm if I am correct or not on this?
                                Also, try the step test. That 120 beat per minute cadence is way above most step tests. I found a free on-line metronome the other day and tried it, and I did it, but was sucking hard (of course I am 40 and 80lbs over-weight :-)
                                Also, also, there is a good youtube video about increasing your push-ups (one for situps also). I am at work, so can't post the link, but search you tube for- how to increase your push ups by 300% (or it might be 400%) - and it will come up.

Good luck.
                                Thanks for all the information. I looked into the step test and it says it's 6 feet to each side and the tapes are 10 feet long

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4114 users online. 182 members and 3932 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X