Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jaybous View Post
    Yes it still says pending for some reason on qualifications. The BI came to my place of work this morning at 0630 we interviewed till about 0815 and then he went and talked to my co workers and my supervisor. Tonight he is going to call and talk to my contacts and family.
    That's great man almost there

    Comment


    • So as I'm reading up on the pft I came across something about the lines being 6 ft apart to each side. Does anyone know if this is true ? I'm trying to practice for my pft the 17th.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
        So as I'm reading up on the pft I came across something about the lines being 6 ft apart to each side. Does anyone know if this is true ? I'm trying to practice for my pft the 17th.
        Steph it is true. (Unless it has changed from last year) The supervisor of the test will count the number of times you touch them in a certain amount of time (5-10 secs, something like that) Do your maximum possible as fast as you can!


        Good Luck!
        Last edited by PR-14-2; 12-04-2014, 05:20 PM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by PR-14-2 View Post
          Steph it is true. (Unless it has changed from last year) The supervisor of the test will count the number of times you touch them in a certain amount of time (5-10 secs, something like that) Do your maximum possible as fast as you can!


          Good Luck!

          Oh darn. That's far. I'm so short. 5.2. I can do 8-9 but aiming for 10 to get 20 points on each section. And pass. Do you have any tips? Do you know if females are still monitored on the 4 inch foam for push ups ?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jaybous View Post
            Took my polygraph a month ago today and I meet with my B.I. tomorrow morning 12-4-2014
            Congrats on moving to the next step hopefully I get with my BI soon I took my poly nov 5th in dc...where did u take urs?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Cosmo7809 View Post
              14-1 applicant here. Got an email yesterday(12/4/14) to schedule my poly. Called this morning but was directed to leave a voice mail.


              I took mine in Dc my geo is central east coast(JFK)

              Curious to as if any one also from 14-1 and from East Coast was scheduled to take it locally or in DC.

              Thanks.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                Has any female here taken the pft1 ? How did they monitor your push-ups? How low did u have to go? And also how are the side steps monitored and how dare are the lines. I'm taking mine the 17th any information will help. Thanks.

                I took mine a few months ago in JFK..when you go in first they do you blood pressure ekg all the medical part to make sure your okay to take the test..then you start with your sit-ups the push-ups the side touches and lastly the step test which is tough for everyone because its lengthy and you have to follow up and keep up with the tone..they monitor your push-ups by placing a 4 inch block under you and your chest has to touch that coming down..your required to do 12 push-ups to pass or as many as you can within 60seconds..keep practicing and you will be fine best of luck let us know how it goes hopefully this helped somewhat if you have any other questions let me know I'll try to answer it..

                Comment


                • Originally posted by isnabero View Post
                  13-1 applicant here and central east coast. Im still waiting to schedule my poly. Did they indicate where you would be taking your poly? Ive heard some have taken it down in DC. Im from NY so I have to drive down if thats the case.

                  My geo is also central east coast (JFK) live in queens had to take my poly in dc that's the only option I had because the examiner told me he only gives it at dc if I didn't want that I would have to wait so I just went with it..

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                    Oh darn. That's far. I'm so short. 5.2. I can do 8-9 but aiming for 10 to get 20 points on each section. And pass. Do you have any tips? Do you know if females are still monitored on the 4 inch foam for push ups ?

                    Yes the requirements are the same for both genders..

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by mnc3672 View Post
                      Once you are in, can you transfer? How does that work?
                      Yeah...maybe. Much depends on where you are and where you are looking to get.

                      There are several different mechanics that move people about. Some, like swaps, require a body for a body participation. Others, like laterals, require the agency having a compelling need to fill various holes in various locations.

                      For the most part you'll need to be off probationary status and finished with all the academy and post academy training in order for options to open up.

                      Some people luck out and find an acceptable move fairly quickly. Some people never find one. Most wait anywhere from 2-7 years before their first move. A lot of people ultimately end up moving to locations mot originally considered as options.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                        Oh darn. That's far. I'm so short. 5.2. I can do 8-9 but aiming for 10 to get 20 points on each section. And pass. Do you have any tips? Do you know if females are still monitored on the 4 inch foam for push ups ?
                        the side step test isn't too hard. my instructor didn't even count when I crossed the center like and I still got 11. I didn't realize he didn't count the center line until I got home. I passed, so wasn't really a big deal. The pft1 is a piece of cake, just keep practicing. adrenaline kicks in when you are there. just make sure to stretch your legs really good so you don't cramp up during step test. Everyone has the 4 inch block for the push ups which makes them easier in my mind.
                        Geo- Florida
                        CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                        NOR- 98 10/25/13
                        Qual- GS 7
                        TSL- 2/28/14
                        PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                        VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                        VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                        BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                        BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                        BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                          Oh darn. That's far. I'm so short. 5.2. I can do 8-9 but aiming for 10 to get 20 points on each section. And pass. Do you have any tips? Do you know if females are still monitored on the 4 inch foam for push ups ?
                          Steph, I think Mk_23 did summarize it completely in his post. Practice the push ups and practice the lateral movement for touching the lines as fast as possible. You will be ok. There was a second part when I took it (last year) in which there was a 5 minute "march". You will need to go up and down over a 10-12 inch step like in a march: "up,up, down,down", you go up on it and step down of it and has to do it without stop or break for 5 minutes. If you did not completed that part you fail the test. Again, this information is correct if the test has not changed.

                          Practice at our home and you will be fine.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                            the side step test isn't too hard. my instructor didn't even count when I crossed the center like and I still got 11. I didn't realize he didn't count the center line until I got home. I passed, so wasn't really a big deal. The pft1 is a piece of cake, just keep practicing. adrenaline kicks in when you are there. just make sure to stretch your legs really good so you don't cramp up during step test. Everyone has the 4 inch block for the push ups which makes them easier in my mind.

                            Wait how did u get 11 without counting the middle line. That's nearly impossible lol. Or was it that that's just what he marked you as. Cause it's only 10 seconds. That means you got across from the left line all the way across 12 feet to the right line ?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Mk_23 View Post
                              I took mine a few months ago in JFK..when you go in first they do you blood pressure ekg all the medical part to make sure your okay to take the test..then you start with your sit-ups the push-ups the side touches and lastly the step test which is tough for everyone because its lengthy and you have to follow up and keep up with the tone..they monitor your push-ups by placing a 4 inch block under you and your chest has to touch that coming down..your required to do 12 push-ups to pass or as many as you can within 60seconds..keep practicing and you will be fine best of luck let us know how it goes hopefully this helped somewhat if you have any other questions let me know I'll try to answer it..

                              So being that we are woman and we have breast does the 4 inch foam have to touch our breast or they place it above or below the breast. Sorry if that is a stupid question

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                                Wait how did u get 11 without counting the middle line. That's nearly impossible lol. Or was it that that's just what he marked you as. Cause it's only 10 seconds. That means you got across from the left line all the way across 12 feet to the right line ?
                                Not impossible. I figured it out that if he had counted middle like I would of had like 17. It's not as hard as you think. The pft1 is a pretty simple test. Pretty easy to get a max score which I would have got if he counted the center line. Alot of people on this forum have got the max score
                                Geo- Florida
                                CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                                NOR- 98 10/25/13
                                Qual- GS 7
                                TSL- 2/28/14
                                PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                                VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                                VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                                BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                                BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                                BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7773 users online. 398 members and 7375 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X