300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    I've worked Sasabe. A great port. Somewhat remote...but only 70 minutes outside of Tuscon... by car.

North Dakota, Montana, Alaska, northeastern Minnesota, eastern Vermont, northern Maine..come to think of it much of the NB is arguably more rural than Sasabe.
    I could see a need on a limited level for EMT's/first responders. A place like Piegan, MT or Alcan, AK are "way out there". That's assuming that anybody could get there easily. Drop three feet of snow there and land travel would largely shut down.
    Sasabe, nice. We've probably crossed paths once or twice.

And there's the argument for EMT's. How busy are those northern ports? Would they justify the need? Sure, it's justifiable for the person in need of medical attention regardless it be an Officer or a border crosser, but is it for upper management? The ones not interested in this type of program can probably avoid hearing arguments by claiming the presence of a first aid kit and possibly even a defibrillator which is a sad excuse.
    Last edited by CZ_Kid; 12-01-2014, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
      Sasabe, nice. We've probably crossed paths once or twice.

And there's the argument for EMT's. How busy are those northern ports? Would they justify the need? Sure, it's justifiable for the person in need of medical attention regardless it be an Officer or a border crosser, but is it for upper management? The ones not interested in this type of program can probably avoid hearing arguments by claiming the presence of a first aid kit and possibly even a defibrillator which is a said excuse.
      I did a 62 day ACTT TDY to Sasabe in 2010.

Many of those NB ports are going to be as busy traffic - wise as Sasabe, most would be busier.

What Sasabe has, and what most NB ports lack, is a major US city located within a 90 minute drive.
      If you're in a northern border town like A-Bay, NY or Pembina, ND, your closest major hospital who's equipped to deal with serious trauma is going to be 100-150 miles away...by air. A city the size of Tucson, 250-400 miles away. Even your basic hospital clinic is 30-75 miles away.

I would say that's more or less commonplace on the NB. Sure, there are NB ports like Buffalo, Detroit, and Blaine that sit near fair sized US cities, but they're the exceptions...not the rule.

Comment

• Hello I am 14-2. Central east coast.

Originally posted by Officer7140 View Post
        Update for my fellow 14-1 applicants. I just received an email for my VBT in ny for September 8th. Im already scheduled for PFT1 on August 29th. My geo is Central East coast. Has anyone else heard anything?
        Last edited by Steph631_; 12-02-2014, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• I still didnt hear anything for 14-2.

Comment

• Hello everyone, I'm new here. Belowis a detailed time line about my process so far:

7/23/14 applied central east coast
            08/20/15 notified of qualification to take exam
            09/21/14 written exam
            10/31/14 NOR passed with 84
            11/18/14 notice of TS
            11/21/15 TSL packet received
            11/26/14 Submitted my E-Qip
            11/28/14 mailed fingerprint card, due date dec. 1

I'm hoping to get EWR or JFK
            Last edited by Steph631_; 12-02-2014, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• I got my e-QIP info just right now. West Coast geo.
              14-2 - West Coast geo
              9/6/14: Written Test
              10/31/14: NOR - Passed (98)
              11/18/14: TSL
              12/7/14: e-QIP submitted
              12/15/14: Med/PFT-1
              1/14/14: VBT/SI

Comment

• Originally posted by Steph631_ View Post
                I'm new on here. Hello everyone. Here's a more detailed time line about my process.
                Applied July 2014
                08/20/15 notified of qualification to take exam
                09/21/14 written exam scheduled
                10/31/14 NOR passed with 84
                11/18/14 notice of tentative selection
                11/21/15 TSL packet received
                11/26/14 Submitted my E-Qip
                11/28/14 mailed fingerprint card due date dec. 1

I'm hoping to get EWR or JFK
                Hello Steph! Also new here! I also applied in July 2014 (14-2) Received my NOR also on 10/31/2014 with 82, almost the same score although different GEO (FL-Car) but no TSL yet. Obviously, different GEO but almost same NOR give some kind of hope. This is a very long process and we can only hope the best. Good luck to you and keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

• Rwong013 Nice. Be ready to sit for a few hours. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by PR-14-2 View Post
                    Hello Steph! Also new here! I also applied in July 2014 (14-2) Received my NOR also on 10/31/2014 with 82, almost the same score although different GEO (FL-Car) but no TSL yet. Obviously, different GEO but almost same NOR give some kind of hope. This is a very long process and we can only hope the best. Good luck to you and keeping my fingers crossed.

Awe yes hope is all we can have with this process. Thanks so much and same to you. I'm freaking out about the pft 1 if and when I get there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mk_23 View Post
                      I hope that's true my examiner didn't mention anything about time..I'm also a central east coast applicant(JFK)..

Central east coast applicant as well.

Comment

• Hey Steph don't sweat the PFT 1. It's not too bad. I do have a question though. My buddy got the TSL packet with the eqip. Is it just submitting the eqip and uploading the financial and residency before the due date? Did you print them out and fill then out or type them out online? The process is different than when I applied so I'm just curious.
                        Geo: SWB
                        CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                        NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                        TSL - 01/31/14
                        Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                        VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                        BI - 03/15/14
                        Poly - 04/30/14
                        BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                        Drug Test - 06/26/14
                        The Call - 06/26/14
                        PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                        EOD - 07/14/14
                        Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• Originally posted by PR-14-2 View Post
                          If I had to guess, you might not get a tsl for FL-Car, more likely will get a letter suggesting to change your geo.
                          Geo- Florida
                          CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                          NOR- 98 10/25/13
                          Qual- GS 7
                          TSL- 2/28/14
                          PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                          VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                          VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                          BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                          BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                          BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                            If I had to guess, you might not get a tsl for FL-Car, more likely will get a letter suggesting to change your geo.
                            I hope this is the case for the northeast geo as well. I still have yet to receive a TSL and haven't seen any other 14-2 northeast applicants (unless I missed their post). I would have no problem changing my geo though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattle View Post
                              Hey Steph don't sweat the PFT 1. It's not too bad. I do have a question though. My buddy got the TSL packet with the eqip. Is it just submitting the eqip and uploading the financial and residency before the due date? Did you print them out and fill then out or type them out online? The process is different than when I applied so I'm just curious.

They have a few documents they want you to sign and fill out. I believe it's 6-7 pages all together so what I did was print them out fill them out and sign them and faxed them over and they uploaded within 5 minutes into my e-Qip. But either way you have to doubt them out to sign them and then you can either fax it or upload them. And yes submit them before the due date of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post

Joshk24 that's the issue here so much guessing obviously.That's a real possibility since my rating wasn't that high. I think the next few weeks until February will be crucial and if no email then it would be obvious. I am not new in this process since I was TSL before until I did not pass the VBT (no idea why honestly!!). Let's see what happens, fingers crossed. Good luck to everybody.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5118 users online. 230 members and 4888 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X