300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
    Wrong as in you hope MHC will adjust your pay according to the skills you bring to the table?
    Yes and hope they look at what I make now working for the government. I can't afford to take a huge pay cut, as most people probably can't.
    Geo- Florida
    CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
    NOR- 98 10/25/13
    Qual- GS 7
    TSL- 2/28/14
    PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
    VBT/SI- 5/9/14
    VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
    BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
    BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
    BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
      Yes and hope they look at what I make now working for the government. I can't afford to take a huge pay cut, as most people probably can't.
      What agency do you currently work for?
      What is your current base pay?

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
        If those are skills you have and enjoy, I'd recommend BP. You can be field Agent that is also EMT certified. If you really want to be part of something bigger, they have their BORSTAR teams that you can try out for after a few years in.
        That would be great but I can't relocate to the boarder :-( Thanks for the info though. (I am assuming by BP you mean Boarder Patrol).
        SM3

CBPO

14-2
        Geo: Central East Coast, United States
        Grade: GS-7
        CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
        NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
        TSL: 11/18/2014
        Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
        01/06/15 VBT/SI
        01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
        03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

Just keep in mind the advancement is non-competitive. The way I understand it, as long as you don't get in trouble, you will advance every year. So, it moves up fast, and there is plenty of OT (that is what I am counting on as this is a big cut for me as well).
          SM3

CBPO

14-2
          01/06/15 VBT/SI
          03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• So, almost 8 hrs later I have completed the SF-86 and required docs. Just to double check, since I uploaded the CER, FCR, REL, and MEL (plus the CBP form 258 and Residency Requirement Waiver) I don't actually have to fax or mail them, correct? Last time I still had to fax them, but if I read this correctly they have upgraded.
            SM3

CBPO

14-2
            01/06/15 VBT/SI
            03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 View Post
              So, almost 8 hrs later I have completed the SF-86 and required docs. Just to double check, since I uploaded the CER, FCR, REL, and MEL (plus the CBP form 258 and Residency Requirement Waiver) I don't actually have to fax or mail them, correct? Last time I still had to fax them, but if I read this correctly they have upgraded.
              If you uploaded them you're good. You don't need to fax them

Comment

What geo region are you in? Also do you or does anyone else know if you automatically start at the bottom of the gs5 or gs 7 pay scale or can you start anywhere on the pay scale?

I am Northeast.

And I do not know the pay scale question. All I know is that I am mad I only qualified as a 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimguy56 View Post
                  Did your examiner give you a time frame for those steps to be done? She told me within a month that should all be done. I hope that's true I'm a central east coast app and going through the process in miami.

I hope that's true my examiner didn't mention anything about time..I'm also a central east coast applicant(JFK)..

Comment

• Originally posted by Megan_T24 View Post
                    I am Northeast.

And I do not know the pay scale question. All I know is that I am mad I only qualified as a 5.
                    What's your prior experience if you don't mind my asking? Just wondering. That said, you will get your 12 before you know it. Time flies!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BJL905 View Post
                      Something tells me that there will not be a FLETC class for CBP in Feb. based on some of the timelines I'm seeing here.
                      A "little birdie" flew in today and mentioned that there are three classes tentatively scheduled for February.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        A "little birdie" flew in today and mentioned that there are three classes tentatively scheduled for February.
                        Who told u that? Motivate us

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisarias1987 View Post
                          Who told u that? Motivate us
                          Does it really matter?

Some things are out there for those who know who to ask and where to look.

As far as hiring goes, all classes are tentative until they actively start filling them. Knowing that there are three classes currently scheduled for February really doesn't tell you much in the long run. The month might end up with 6 classes or zero or whatever number the agency ultimately sets for a goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            Does it really matter?

Some things are out there for those who know who to ask and where to look.

As far as hiring goes, all classes are tentative until they actively start filling them. Knowing that there are three classes currently scheduled for February really doesn't tell you much in the long run. The month might end up with 6 classes or zero or whatever number the agency ultimately sets for a goal.
                            Really hope my BI finishes sometime in the next 2 weeks so I can EOD & catch a class in Feb. So ready to advance.
                            CBPO: GS-5
                            Geo: SW
                            Tested: Sep '13
                            NOR (79): Oct 28th '13 // Geo changed to SW: Feb 20th '14
                            Medical/PFT1 passed: Apr 18th '14 // VBT/SI passed: May 25th '14
                            Equip sent: Jun 6th '14 // NOPA: Aug 5th '14
                            Poly: Oct 22nd '14 // Met with BI: Dec 18th '14
                            The Call: Mar 3rd '15 // Drug Test: Mar 6th '15
                            BI Cleared: Mar 3rd '15 // PFT 2: Mar 18th '15
                            EOD: Mar 30th '15 // FLETC: 4/23-8/27 '15

Comment

• Originally posted by YoungCBPOApplicant View Post
                              Really hope my BI finishes sometime in the next 2 weeks so I can EOD & catch a class in Feb. So ready to advance.
                              Can you post your timeline if you don't mind and your geo?

Comment

• Any 14-1 apps finish their backgrounds?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10877 users online. 366 members and 10511 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X