Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Megan_T24 View Post
    I got the call today.

However, its kind of ridiculous they wont tell you what locations/salary they are going to offer you until you confirm the academy dates.
    Congrats!

They actually give a choice as to what month you'd like to start the academy? Is that what you meant by "confirming" the dates.
    CBPO: GS-5
    Geo: SW
    Tested: Sep '13
    NOR (79): Oct 28th '13 // Geo changed to SW: Feb 20th '14
    Medical/PFT1 passed: Apr 18th '14 // VBT/SI passed: May 25th '14
    Equip sent: Jun 6th '14 // NOPA: Aug 5th '14
    Poly: Oct 22nd '14 // Met with BI: Dec 18th '14
    The Call: Mar 3rd '15 // Drug Test: Mar 6th '15
    BI Cleared: Mar 3rd '15 // PFT 2: Mar 18th '15
    EOD: Mar 30th '15 // FLETC: 4/23-8/27 '15

Comment

• Originally posted by YoungCBPOApplicant View Post
      Congrats!

They actually give a choice as to what month you'd like to start the academy? Is that what you meant by "confirming" the dates.

Well, kind of. I was offered a job, however they didn't tell me what locations or at what salary BECAUSE I don't know if those dates will work for me. I have a vacation that's already paid for in February, so I can defer this offer and after my vacation wait for another call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Megan_T24 View Post
        Well, kind of. I was offered a job, however they didn't tell me what locations or at what salary BECAUSE I don't know if those dates will work for me. I have a vacation that's already paid for in February, so I can defer this offer and after my vacation wait for another call.
        What geo region are you in? Also do you or does anyone else know if you automatically start at the bottom of the gs5 or gs 7 pay scale or can you start anywhere on the pay scale?
        Geo- Florida
        CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
        NOR- 98 10/25/13
        Qual- GS 7
        TSL- 2/28/14
        PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
        VBT/SI- 5/9/14
        VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
        BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
        BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
        BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
          What geo region are you in? Also do you or does anyone else know if you automatically start at the bottom of the gs5 or gs 7 pay scale or can you start anywhere on the pay scale?
          You can start as a 7 pending your prior experience. This should already be noted somewhere in the/your process prior to getting the call. Possibly even in COSS but I don't recall. So basically you already know your GS level prior to getting the call but the exact pay will vary slightly depending the geo location you are offered.

PS: just checked cass, your grade offered shows up under quelifications.
          Last edited by CZ_Kid; 11-28-2014, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
            You can start as a 7 pending your prior experience. This should already be noted somewhere in the/your process prior to getting the call. Possibly even in COSS but I don't recall. So basically you already know your GS level prior to getting the call but the exact pay will vary slightly depending the geo location you are offered.

PS: just checked cass, your grade offered shows up under quelifications.
            I guess maybe you misunderstood my question. I already know that I qualified as a gs7. My question was, do you automatically start at the bottom of the gs7 pay scale? If I start at the bottom, I will be taking a huge pay cut!!
            Geo- Florida
            CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
            NOR- 98 10/25/13
            Qual- GS 7
            TSL- 2/28/14
            PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
            VBT/SI- 5/9/14
            VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14

Comment

• Originally posted by jimguy56 View Post
              Well I took my second poly and I passed!! I was told that background and drug test can all be within a month. Thank God!
              Took my poly on nov 5th waiting on my bi and drug test now

Comment

• Originally posted by Mk_23 View Post
                Took my poly on nov 5th waiting on my bi and drug test now
                Did your examiner give you a time frame for those steps to be done? She told me within a month that should all be done. I hope that's true I'm a central east coast app and going through the process in miami.

Comment

I guess maybe you misunderstood my question. I already know that I qualified as a gs7. My question was, do you automatically start at the bottom of the gs7 pay scale? If I start at the bottom, I will be taking a huge pay cut!!
                  I think I'm tracking now. You are wondering if someone is already a GS-9 or so, will MHC offer the GS-7 at a higher step to bring you as close as possible to the GS-9? I really don't know the answer to that. Now if you are outside the federal government, offered the 7 because of your prior experience, but you bring SWAT, EMT, sniper, diver and a whole bunch of other stuff to the table, you'll still only get the lowest GS-7. I hope this helps.

Comment

I think I'm tracking now. You are wondering if someone is already a GS-9 or so, will MHC offer the GS-7 at a higher step to bring you as close as possible to the GS-9? I really don't know the answer to that. Now if you are outside the federal government, offered the 7 because of your prior experience, but you bring SWAT, EMT, sniper, diver and a whole bunch of other stuff to the table, you'll still only get the lowest GS-7. I hope this helps.
                    It helped me, as I was wondering similar things. On that vein, are there medics (EMT's) on CBP teams like on ICE and other teams? How hard is it to become the team medic? I have been an EMT before and currently work as an RN. Thanks.
                    SM3

CBPO

14-2
                    Geo: Central East Coast, United States
                    Grade: GS-7
                    CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
                    NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
                    TSL: 11/18/2014
                    Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
                    01/06/15 VBT/SI
                    01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
                    03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• Where do I get CBP form 258, and the Residency Requirement Waiver form?
                      SM3

CBPO

14-2
                      01/06/15 VBT/SI
                      03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 View Post
                        Where do I get CBP form 258, and the Residency Requirement Waiver form?
                        You can google them as they are available online. But they should have been attached for download in your eQIP instruction email.

Comment

You can google them as they are available online. But they should have been attached for download in your eQIP instruction email.
                          Thanks CZ- my email looks like links but are not. I downloaded on-line, but am always afraid it won't be the correct revision or something. Oh well, I'll work with what I have. Thanks again.
                          SM3

CBPO

14-2
                          01/06/15 VBT/SI
                          03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Comment

I really hope you are wrong.
                            Geo- Florida
                            CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                            NOR- 98 10/25/13
                            Qual- GS 7
                            TSL- 2/28/14
                            PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                            VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                            VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14

Comment

I really hope you are wrong.
                              Wrong as in you hope MHC will adjust your pay according to the skills you bring to the table?

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 View Post
                                It helped me, as I was wondering similar things. On that vein, are there medics (EMT's) on CBP teams like on ICE and other teams? How hard is it to become the team medic? I have been an EMT before and currently work as an RN. Thanks.
                                If those are skills you have and enjoy, I'd recommend BP. You can be field Agent that is also EMT certified. If you really want to be part of something bigger, they have their BORSTAR teams that you can try out for after a few years in.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6365 users online. 346 members and 6019 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X