300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YoungCBPOApplicant View Post
    Could someone answer my question please . How much time is given between EOD & FLETC or between FLETC and Start Date at your port to maybe go home and pack things?
    If your last day of pre-academy is on a Friday, you travel on Sunday and start fletc on Monday, so you only get one day to pack your things

Comment

• Originally posted by BJL905 View Post
      Something tells me that there will not be a FLETC class for CBP in Feb. based on some of the timelines I'm seeing here.
      Why do you think that?

Comment

• Any 14-3 applicants?

Geo: Central East Coast
        APP 14-3
        11/20/14 Written Test (Baltimore, MD.)
        Last edited by RomanShpigel; 11-26-2014, 08:57 PM.
        DC MPD

1/18 Orientation
        2/1 Written Exam (Baltimore)

US Customs, CBPO Officer

Pending (April)

Comment

Something tells me that there will not be a FLETC class for CBP in Feb. based on some of the timelines I'm seeing here.
          I say this because no one else on this forum has had a call for a drug test this month and it usually takes about 30 days or so from test to EOD at port. After that it's about another 30 days till FLETC. Most guys in this forum who've taken poly within last 2 months haven't even started BI yet alone complete it.

Comment

• I passed the poly 4/30/14. My background investigation began 6/11/14. I heard nothing in between.

*edit* This is in response to nknapp16
            8-26-13 Written Test
            9-9-13 Notice of Results
            12-18-13 Tentative Offer
            1-2-14 Physical Fitness 1
            1-13-14 Qualified for GS 7
            2-14-14 Pre Employment forms submitted
            3-12-14 VBT/SI
            3-28-14 EQIP Released
            4-30-14 Polygraph passed
            6-11-14 Background Began
            8-27-14 Received NOPA
            10-29-14 Background Complete
            10-30-14 Drug Test
            11-3-14 THE CALL- Accepted JFK
            11-25-14 PFT2 Passed
            12-1-14 EOD/Pre Academy

CBP FLETC Class 368
            1/9/15-5/15/15

Comment

I say this because no one else on this forum has had a call for a drug test this month and it usually takes about 30 days or so from test to EOD at port. After that it's about another 30 days till FLETC. Most guys in this forum who've taken poly within last 2 months haven't even started BI yet alone complete it.
              The people posting on this board represent a mere fraction of those attending FLETC. I wouldn't take the lack of, or presence of anything on this board as a 100% reflection of FLETC or OFO as an absolute.
              As far as backgrounds go...they actually start well before an applicant is contacted by the Investigators. Good luck to the guy trying to get a fix on the entirety of the process based on what's available on this board and what's released during the application process.

It's late November and pushing up against a major holiday. My guess is that we'll see the February push starting early-mid December.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisarias1987 View Post
                How many SF-86 did you get on your e-QIP?
                One (sorry it took so long. I keep getting caught in a weird sight on loop). I sign on and it says I am signed on as me. Then when I go to the forum, it tells me I have to sign-in or register. I keep having to change my password to get around it).
                SM3

CBPO

14-2
                Geo: Central East Coast, United States
                Grade: GS-7
                CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
                NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
                TSL: 11/18/2014
                Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
                01/06/15 VBT/SI
                01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
                03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                  Be proud of your score. You did not get an automatic 110. If you have a 10 point veteran's preference that means 10 points are added to your passing score. So if you got 110 that means you scored a 100 on the test.

http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-overs...ces/vet-guide/

FB
                  Thanks FB, but just FYI (note the last sentence in particular),
                  "Veterans with 5-point preference or 10-point non-compensable preference who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements are placed above non-preference eligibles within the category in which they qualify. Veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10% are listed at the top of the highest quality category depending on grade levels. "
                  SM3

CBPO

14-2
                  Geo: Central East Coast, United States
                  Grade: GS-7
                  CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
                  NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
                  TSL: 11/18/2014
                  Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
                  01/06/15 VBT/SI
                  01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
                  03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• Originally posted by jimguy56 View Post
                    Well I took my second poly and I passed!! I was told that background and drug test can all be within a month. Thank God!
                    Congratulations! I hope to pass it to on my next chance.

Comment

The FLETC Academy offer a new class or group each pay period. They never stop. Maybe not all are from CBPO, but almost the training is the same.

Comment

Not always fact for everyone. I had my drug test in April, poli in May and EOD is this Monday. For those in the process, just hang in there, live your life as though you didn't even apply, then be ready to jump when they ask you to go to an appointment to get a step completed. If you're qualified for the position, you WILL get the call...eventually. :P
                        Announcement 13-1
                        GEO Applied for- East Texas
                        Tested- 09/25/13
                        NOR- 10/28/13 (98 With VP)
                        TSL- 12/18/13
                        TSL2- 12/28/13
                        Medical and PFT1- 1/09/14
                        SI/VBT- 2/24/14
                        Drug Test- 4/1/14
                        Poly- 5/7/14
                        Finished with BI- 5/28/14
                        Contacted about Active duty obligation- 7/30/14
                        application placed on hold due to active military obligation- 7/31/14
                        application changed to show active- 10/01/14
                        CASS shows: "you have been referred to the scheduling unit"- 10/01/14
                        Hoping to get Dallas

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          The people posting on this board represent a mere fraction of those attending FLETC. I wouldn't take the lack of, or presence of anything on this board as a 100% reflection of FLETC or OFO as an absolute.
                          As far as backgrounds go...they actually start well before an applicant is contacted by the Investigators. Good luck to the guy trying to get a fix on the entirety of the process based on what's available on this board and what's released during the application process.

It's late November and pushing up against a major holiday. My guess is that we'll see the February push starting early-mid December.
                          I hope you're right Merlin! I'm looking forward to getting on board by the New Year. This process takes way too long. Lol....

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 View Post
                            One (sorry it took so long. I keep getting caught in a weird sight on loop). I sign on and it says I am signed on as me. Then when I go to the forum, it tells me I have to sign-in or register. I keep having to change my password to get around it).
                            No problem!! That's weird I got two SF-86. I filled out both of them Just in case

Comment

• Originally posted by Aguadillano View Post
                              Congratulations! I hope to pass it to on my next chance.
                              I was told the investigators will be back in PR the second week of December. Your 2nd chance might be just around the corner. Good luck.

Comment

• I got the call today.

However, its kind of ridiculous they wont tell you what locations/salary they are going to offer you until you confirm the academy dates.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9514 users online. 487 members and 9027 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X