300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SM3 View Post
    I forget if it was an SF-86 or the modified SF-85 but just the one since they started using e-Qip.

I also received my finger print card in the mail today (FYI).
    I'm worried that I didn't get my information in the mail today. What stuff did you guys get in the mail? And if I don't get anything by tomorrow, who should I call? I mean, I might be worrying too much, but someone said it's due DEC 01, which is next Monday. With the holiday weekend, I only have a couple business days to get it all cleared up if something screws up.
    14-2 - West Coast geo
    9/6/14: Written Test
    10/31/14: NOR - Passed (98)
    11/18/14: TSL
    12/7/14: e-QIP submitted
    12/15/14: Med/PFT-1
    1/14/14: VBT/SI

Comment

• Originally posted by rwong013 View Post
      I'm worried that I didn't get my information in the mail today. What stuff did you guys get in the mail? And if I don't get anything by tomorrow, who should I call? I mean, I might be worrying too much, but someone said it's due DEC 01, which is next Monday. With the holiday weekend, I only have a couple business days to get it all cleared up if something screws up.
      Check your e-mail. You should have gotten an E-quip login, which is where you complete your SF86 and a couple other forms. Those are what are due on the 1st. All of it is online. Your fingerprint cards are mailed to you, but they are not due by Dec 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by rwong013 View Post
        What edoc 118 said, plus... did you get a TSL yet? What is your geo loc? You may not have gotten to the e-QIP part yet. It can't hurt to check, to be safe, but there are a fair few vaiables. Good luck.
        SM3

CBPO

14-2
        Geo: Central East Coast, United States
        Grade: GS-7
        CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
        NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
        TSL: 11/18/2014
        Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
        01/06/15 VBT/SI
        01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
        03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisarias1987 View Post
          I got it too, I filled it out already. By any chance, how many SF-86 do you have in your profile on e-QIP? I asked because I have two and I just filled out one of them. What do u think about my situation?
          I looked it up, I did an SF-85P-S. Now I just need a minute to get into e-QIP.

FYI, my instructions say that the finger print card must be "mailed by" 01DEC14.
          SM3

CBPO

14-2
          01/06/15 VBT/SI
          03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

FYI, my instructions say that the finger print card must be "mailed by" 01DEC14.
            I never got an SF-85 PS on my e-QIP. I only got an SF-86.

Comment

What edoc 118 said, plus... did you get a TSL yet? What is your geo loc? You may not have gotten to the e-QIP part yet. It can't hurt to check, to be safe, but there are a fair few vaiables. Good luck.
              Yes, I got my TSL on Nov 19. West Coast geo.

Nothing in my spam folder.

Edit: I am a different geo, and i got a lower score on the test, so I guess I'll worry less and just keep an eye open. Thanks everyone.
              Last edited by rwong013; 11-25-2014, 12:07 PM.
              14-2 - West Coast geo
              9/6/14: Written Test
              10/31/14: NOR - Passed (98)
              11/18/14: TSL
              12/7/14: e-QIP submitted
              12/15/14: Med/PFT-1
              1/14/14: VBT/SI

Comment

• I
                Originally posted by SM3 View Post

Really? My email just says the 1 Dec due date is "only for items to be submitted electronically."

I hope they're not due by the 1st, because the sheriffs office here only does fingerprints on Wednesday and Thursday, but they're closed this week for thanksgiving.
                Last edited by edoc118; 11-25-2014, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• I received my fingerprints card in the mail yesterday but no email yet. It says if I don't get email to call, I don't know how long to wait and see if you all say its due Dec 1. I'll probably call later. 14-2 Central East Coast

Comment

• What's a TSL??? I took my test about a week and a half ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steel_Rain View Post
                      What's a TSL??? I took my test about a week and a half ago.
                      Tentative Selection Letter
                      CBPO: GS-5
                      Geo: SW
                      Tested: Sep '13
                      NOR (79): Oct 28th '13 // Geo changed to SW: Feb 20th '14
                      Medical/PFT1 passed: Apr 18th '14 // VBT/SI passed: May 25th '14
                      Equip sent: Jun 6th '14 // NOPA: Aug 5th '14
                      Poly: Oct 22nd '14 // Met with BI: Dec 18th '14
                      The Call: Mar 3rd '15 // Drug Test: Mar 6th '15
                      BI Cleared: Mar 3rd '15 // PFT 2: Mar 18th '15
                      EOD: Mar 30th '15 // FLETC: 4/23-8/27 '15

Comment

Yep, sorry. here's the correct link http://nemo.cbp.gov/hrm/cbpo_fitness.pdf

That 110 score is only because of my veteran's status. All I had to do was pass, and I got an automatic 110. I only put it there so if I get any calls before anyone else, in the same area and grade, they could see why.
                        Be proud of your score. You did not get an automatic 110. If you have a 10 point veteran's preference that means 10 points are added to your passing score. So if you got 110 that means you scored a 100 on the test.

http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-overs...ces/vet-guide/

FB

Comment

The best thing that can happen to my family is Dulles. I live right up the road (Northern VA, Sterling/ Potomac Falls to be exact). That way my wife can keep her job until I get up to at least GS-11, then w/ OT we could afford to move somewhere cheaper (or stay here and try for gs-12 and then higher positions at the NTC's though they will consolidate soon). I could also do Reagan but would have to fight traffic on certain shifts.

I lived in Norfolk, Chesapeake, and Hampton Roads for about three years at one point. I did two tours ON the Enterprise and one on the Ike. I also did 5-6 months at a school on the Norfolk base, and a temp assignment at an amphib base in the area. Everyone complains about the area, but just like my wife and I have found every where else, if you take the time to get to know the area, there is always fun things to do and see.

Good to know about the port, we talk about moving back to that area from time to time.
                          If you get the job, you will not have to "try" for a GS-12. GS-12 is the journeyman level for a CBPO no competition is required.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisarias1987 View Post
                            I never got an SF-85 PS on my e-QIP. I only got an SF-86.
                            I apologies for causing confusion. The SF-85P-S is from an old position. I thought we were discussing old things on e-QIP (but have reread the original post and now believe it was referring to having two SF-86 application links appearing now).
                            SM3

CBPO

14-2
                            01/06/15 VBT/SI
                            03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Comment

• Originally posted by edoc118 View Post
                              I

Really? My email just says the 1 Dec due date is "only for items to be submitted electronically."

I hope they're not due by the 1st, because the sheriffs office here only does fingerprints on Wednesday and Thursday, but they're closed this week for thanksgiving.
                              Mine definitely does. The e-mail came with two attachments. One is specific directions about the e-QIP. The other has the header "IMPORTANT" It has more general info and reads like a FAQ. On page two near the bottom is a section that says "When are my forms due?" On mine this section states, "As stated earlier,you must complete and release back to us your e-QIP (SF-86) and all required forms by December 1, 2014. You must mail the fingerprint card, using the envelope provided, to the Minneapolis Hiring Center NO LATER THAN THIS SAME DUE DATE" [MY EMPHASIS] I read that to mean it must be post marked by 01DEC14, but you can call and confirm. Good luck.
                              Last edited by SM3; 11-25-2014, 09:10 PM.
                              SM3

CBPO

14-2
                              01/06/15 VBT/SI
                              03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                                If you get the job, you will not have to "try" for a GS-12. GS-12 is the journeyman level for a CBPO no competition is required.

FB
                                :-) That is great. I was told that by some CBP guys, but the posting stated non-competitive to GS-11, which I took to mean you had to compete for GS-12. Since we are on the topic, and you seem to know, please clarify something for me. Am I correct that the progression is GS-5, GS-7, GS-9, GS-11, GS-12, with one year in between each level? Thanks!
                                SM3

CBPO

14-2
                                01/06/15 VBT/SI
                                03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7874 users online. 197 members and 7677 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X