300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HopefulBP View Post
    Stay positive, are you for sure getting a another test?
    That's what he told me. He can't continue the test by some policy and he going to ask to quality control for another test. Right now is depending on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aguadillano View Post
      That's what he told me. He can't continue the test by some policy and he going to ask to quality control for another test. Right now is depending on them.
      That's too bad. Did he tell you where you were struggling? Did you stay the night in San Juan to take the poly or did you drive from Aguadilla that same moring? I'm wondering if lack of rest was an issue?

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
        That's too bad. Did he tell you where you were struggling? Did you stay the night in San Juan to take the poly or did you drive from Aguadilla that same moring? I'm wondering if lack of rest was an issue?
        He said that all my answers was saying the truth but not 100% lol. I wasn't saying lies, but not all the truth :-| (I really not understand). The night prior the test I stay at my uncle house in Bayamon. This was my first time that I was relax taking a test and he said is not correct to do that lol :-|

Comment

He said that all my answers was saying the truth but not 100% lol. I wasn't saying lies, but not all the truth :-| (I really not understand). The night prior the test I stay at my uncle house in Bayamon. This was my first time that I was relax taking a test and he said is not correct to do that lol :-|
          Are you a 14-1 applicant?

Comment

• Originally posted by HopefulBP View Post
            Took mine back in October.........
            Took mine on November 5th

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 View Post
              Based on everyone being so negative, w/o knowing me, I'm not sure I'd want to work with you. I deleted my previous post but maybe should have left it. I aced teh hardest training program in the military. It lasts almost 2 years. I did so well I was asked to stay as an instructor. My family understands commitment, as former military and as a current night shift nurse, who by the way spent half the summer working 84 and 96 hour weeks, my family can deal. If I don't have more than I think I can handle on weekends there is no reason not to go home. Why is everyone freaking out because I asked about the weekend schedule so I can figure out if I can drive home to my family. When qualifying then working in the Nuclear Navy and then as an Instructor in The Nuclear Navy I would drive 6-9 hours each way on weekends to see my irl friend, later fiancee, and now wife. I am very well aware of my capabilities. I appreciate the people that are being constructive, but those that are very negative or this last post stating they wouldn't hire or promote me are ridiculous. What is wrong with you people? FYI, almost every time I have switched jobs I have been promoted in less than a year. I have been at my current employer (John's Hopkins Medicine btw) for less than 6 months and now work as team leader half my shifts. they also use me as a consultant (at 170% of my normal rate, whenever they upgrade one of their hospitals clinical computer systems in a medical or emergency medicine area and have expressed an interest in continuing to do so into 2015 and 2016). Despite continued success in my field, I want to work in CBP. My last job as a Chef Engineer of 6 buildings included a building that is the NTC-C. I got to know some of the people and a bit about the job, the benefits, the fact that I can buy back my 8 years in the military, etc... and I am willing to take a SIGNIFICANT pay cut to do something I feel I will love doing. I miss serving my country and with previous Advanced CBR Defense training the cargo side of CBP seems like a good fit for me. So, if you wouldn't hire or promote me maybe I should begin to rethink whether or not I'll be a personality fit there,... maybe. Or maybe some of you need to use the forum to be helpful, stop before you make negative comments, and decide if your comment is phrased as helpful, or a bit of a negative busy body. Everyone have a great night.

Don't let the negativity get to you.. Best of luck with your journey.

Comment

I'm not happy with my results, but it can be worst. They found my test inconclusive, and now I have to wait a couple of weeks until they offer me another date. In the office I found 5 more applicants. 3 of them didn't pass, the other 1 they will contact him (after he was taking this test for 3 time) and rest of us get inconclusive. I don't like the way he treated me and the others ones said the same about they experience. Hope the next time we can pass it without stress. Thanks for all of you who wish me luck and pray for me.
                No Bueno. This is why so many are opposed to ever having the Poly introduced into the hiring process. I think it's used and abused, not accurate and definitely preventing many good candidates from being hired. The process is extremely long and for some who wait for ever, to get eliminated due to the Poly is a travesty. They should eliminate it and do the process like it used to. I have over 10 years LEO experience, been through tons of Polygraphs and/or CVSA's. Never had a problem, yet I am still skeptical about this CBP Poly cause who knows what the examiner decides. Oh well, hopefully it comes soon and I can get it our the way.

Comment

• Good evening everyone. I for one am extremely glad to be a part of this forum because I have learned so much about the process in the few months I've been here. Communicating with you all is a lot better than logging on to CASS and 'hoping' to see changes only to be dismayed that there has been no update. For all of you still in the process, good luck and God Bless, because patience is needed but I know it will certainly pay off. I have my PFT2 in 5 days. Can't wait! Headed to JFK Dec 1st.

I was given JFK as my only offer, the first week of November. I accepted. I am aware that all relocation expenses are the responsibility of the applicant, however I was given November 25th as the date of my PFT2. Merely 6 days to move from Maryland (Where I currently reside) to New York. Naturally, as you aren't given ANY information on what to expect for pre academy, I was a bit shocked that It was scheduled so late. I have no family/friends in New York so I opted to stay with an Aunt in New Jersey and commute about an hour to JFK via train for the 5 weeks of pre academy. I plan to look for a permanent place in NY closer to May while in the Academy.

My question is: Is there any advice you all have for the transition regarding living arrangements on such a short notice? Those who have moved so sudden, what have you done? Any insight would be grand. I have only a few short days to learn the NY train system and area for Dec 1st. *Puts on Northface*
                  8-26-13 Written Test
                  9-9-13 Notice of Results
                  12-18-13 Tentative Offer
                  1-2-14 Physical Fitness 1
                  1-13-14 Qualified for GS 7
                  2-14-14 Pre Employment forms submitted
                  3-12-14 VBT/SI
                  3-28-14 EQIP Released
                  4-30-14 Polygraph passed
                  6-11-14 Background Began
                  8-27-14 Received NOPA
                  10-29-14 Background Complete
                  10-30-14 Drug Test
                  11-3-14 THE CALL- Accepted JFK
                  11-25-14 PFT2 Passed
                  12-1-14 EOD/Pre Academy

CBP FLETC Class 368
                  1/9/15-5/15/15

Comment

• Originally posted by Mk_23 View Post
                    Took mine on November 5th
                    Have you heard anything since?

Comment

• My question is: Is there any advice you all have for the transition regarding living arrangements on such a short notice? Those who have moved so sudden, what have you done? Any insight would be grand. I have only a few short days to learn the NY train system and area for Dec 1st. *Puts on Northface*[/QUOTE]

You could try looking on craigslist for a sublet for the month of pre-academy. You shouldn't have to worry about anyone knowing what you are doing since you won't have a gun, badge or uniform at this point. Once at FLETC, you'll probably meet Officers in your same position that will even consider roommating with you around the JFK area. That will help with rent and such until you make the grade that will support you on your own. Just an idea. You might even come accross a peg board with Officers already at JFK looking for roommates. I had classmates that found housing like this in the past. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Lawyer View Post
                        Good evening everyone. I for one am extremely glad to be a part of this forum because I have learned so much about the process in the few months I've been here. Communicating with you all is a lot better than logging on to CASS and 'hoping' to see changes only to be dismayed that there has been no update. For all of you still in the process, good luck and God Bless, because patience is needed but I know it will certainly pay off. I have my PFT2 in 5 days. Can't wait! Headed to JFK Dec 1st.

I was given JFK as my only offer, the first week of November. I accepted. I am aware that all relocation expenses are the responsibility of the applicant, however I was given November 25th as the date of my PFT2. Merely 6 days to move from Maryland (Where I currently reside) to New York. Naturally, as you aren't given ANY information on what to expect for pre academy, I was a bit shocked that It was scheduled so late. I have no family/friends in New York so I opted to stay with an Aunt in New Jersey and commute about an hour to JFK via train for the 5 weeks of pre academy. I plan to look for a permanent place in NY closer to May while in the Academy.

My question is: Is there any advice you all have for the transition regarding living arrangements on such a short notice? Those who have moved so sudden, what have you done? Any insight would be grand. I have only a few short days to learn the NY train system and area for Dec 1st. *Puts on Northface*
                        Start using HOPSTOP. It will be your best friend when you are trying to learn the subway system in NYC.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                          You could try looking on craigslist for a sublet for the month of pre-academy. You shouldn't have to worry about anyone knowing what you are doing since you won't have a gun, badge or uniform at this point. Once at FLETC, you'll probably meet Officers in your same position that will even consider roommating with you around the JFK area. That will help with rent and such until you make the grade that will support you on your own. Just an idea. You might even come accross a peg board with Officers already at JFK looking for roommates. I had classmates that found housing like this in the past. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a great plan! Thanks!
                          8-26-13 Written Test
                          9-9-13 Notice of Results
                          12-18-13 Tentative Offer
                          1-2-14 Physical Fitness 1
                          1-13-14 Qualified for GS 7
                          2-14-14 Pre Employment forms submitted
                          3-12-14 VBT/SI
                          3-28-14 EQIP Released
                          4-30-14 Polygraph passed
                          6-11-14 Background Began
                          8-27-14 Received NOPA
                          10-29-14 Background Complete
                          10-30-14 Drug Test
                          11-3-14 THE CALL- Accepted JFK
                          11-25-14 PFT2 Passed
                          12-1-14 EOD/Pre Academy

CBP FLETC Class 368
                          1/9/15-5/15/15

Comment

• Found this on-line. Not sure if it is up to date, but still has good info. training plans if anyone needs to get training for the PFT... http://nemo.cbp.gov/hrm/cbpo_fitness.pdf Update: I accidentally posted the wrong link the first time (thanks rwong013 for the catch), but have updated to the link I intended. Good luck all.
                            Last edited by SM3; 11-22-2014, 04:15 AM. Reason: corrected link
                            SM3

CBPO

14-2
                            Geo: Central East Coast, United States
                            Grade: GS-7
                            CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
                            NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
                            TSL: 11/18/2014
                            Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
                            01/06/15 VBT/SI
                            01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
                            03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 View Post
                              Found this on-line. Not sure if it is up to date, but still has good info. training plans if anyone needs to get training for the PFT... http://forums.officer.com/t49698-1772/
                              Hey, I think you posted the wrong link.

Also, holy smokes that 110 score.
                              14-2 - West Coast geo
                              9/6/14: Written Test
                              10/31/14: NOR - Passed (98)
                              11/18/14: TSL
                              12/7/14: e-QIP submitted
                              12/15/14: Med/PFT-1
                              1/14/14: VBT/SI

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms. Officer View Post
                                Any 14-1 applicants waiting to take the poly?
                                Yes, still waiting.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7319 users online. 257 members and 7062 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X