300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cargo82 View Post
    so as i thought i was in the clear and good to go i received a letter saying i am unsuitable for the position due to illegal drug use. has anyone had to respond to this? I leave to fletc in two weeks so does this mean they hold me at pre academy till this clears up. I admitted takingt hit off a joint like 3 years ago in amsterdam, so that wasnt really illegal right? My investigator even told me is was no big deal. I would appreciate any input if anyone has had to respond to this type letter.

Since you're already at the port, this is the type of problem I'd run to one of the union reps about. Even if they can't offically help you, they at least ought to have some good advice on where to start.

Comment

• When you meet with the BI do you take a polygraph? How's that?! Sounds interesting..haha

Comment

• Originally posted by MilwaukeeBucks View Post
        When you meet with the BI do you take a polygraph? How's that?! Sounds interesting..haha
        I think it's scheduled separately only if one is required. Not everyone takes one.
        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by MilwaukeeBucks View Post
          When you meet with the BI do you take a polygraph? How's that?! Sounds interesting..haha
          Right now only BPA's are being administered polys.

Comment

• a couple of questions guys...first of all i checked cass and im finally in there and this is what it looks like

Pre-Employment Forms pending-One or more of your forms may have not been received. You will be contacted if additional documentation is required.

Qualifications-pending A review of your work experience and/or education is still pending.

Medical Exam-Not Applicable

Structured Interview-Not Applicable

Drug Screening-Not Applicable

Background Investigation-pending We have not received the background investigation documentation which is required to begin your investigation.

Fitness-Not Applicable

so basically, what does this mean? a few weeks back i got a letter in the mail saying that i was unsuitable for the position and if i believed that was in error i could send in a letter of reconsideration, which of course i did. called MHC after over-nighting my letter and they confirmed that they did receive it and i would hear back from them soon. i havent gotten anything in the mail yet but since im in cass should i be expecting me pre-employment forms soon? also, why are some quals listed as N/A? does that mean they just havent been completed yet?

Comment

• August Testers

Originally posted by sap123 View Post
              Any of the August testers get a VBT schedule letter yet? I'm not scheduled, I'm curious if others are getting the dates for them as of late. Looks like I'll see what Thursday or next week bring.
              I second this... Anyone from VT receive a T.O. yet?
              ICE SA
              FLETC - MAY 10th Class

Comment

• Hello Everyone.

I am new to this thread and forum. I too am in the same boat as many of you with this process. I am in AZ, that's my geographic availability as well. Here's my time line

Took Written Test 08/18/08
                NOR 08/21/08 (86%)
                Tentative Offer & Background Materials 09/30/08 (GS-07)
                Medical & Fitness Test 10/07/08
                VBT ???
                Drug Test??
                Background???
                Final Offer???

Can anyone in AZ tell me how much pay GS-07 equates to out here?

Comment

• Originally posted by cargo82 View Post
                  Im at the airport. That is where you wanna be if you want the extra 35k in overtime. The port doesnt offer as much overtime. There really isnt more to do at the port, you are not under the watch of a supervisor as much. I was told that the port officers mainly deal with all the containers and cruise ships. I personally think that there is more to do at the airport. I know I will have to be stamping for the first year or so but there is a lot a opportunity to move up. Like applying for the rover team and all the other specialized units. Also there is talk that the 35k overtime cap could be raised to 45k. The port director said it was still in the legislature so it might take like another year for it to be possible.
                  Ok thanks for the info. I might choose the Airport too since in fact it is closer to my house. The Port of miami would be a longer drive and plus with the traffic in the morning. And how can I say no to 35K lol
                  CBPO - Miami
                  Pre-Employment Forms - completed
                  Qualifications - GS 5
                  Medical Exam - completed
                  Structured Interview - Completed
                  Drug Screening - completed
                  Background Investigation - Completed
                  Fitness - completed

Comment

• Originally posted by grullj View Post
                    Hey FIU24,

I'm in pretty much the same boat as you. I graduate Dec 15 also. But I took all of my classes online in case they were to call me before I could just finish my semester from a computer at FLETC.

I began the CBP process on 03/2008. I now have completed every step in the process except my background investigation which says : Case in the security office.

When did you begin the process and how long did your background take.
                    Cool man, I guess Ill see you at graduation then. I took the first test in April of 2008. I got my TO in July and here I am now. I got my call this past Friday . My Background took about two weeks because I am not married and do not own any property. So for me it was really easy. I'm ready to go to FLETC already and get my life started.
                    CBPO - Miami
                    Pre-Employment Forms - completed
                    Qualifications - GS 5
                    Medical Exam - completed
                    Structured Interview - Completed
                    Drug Screening - completed
                    Background Investigation - Completed
                    Fitness - completed

Comment

• Anyone received a TO for Buffalo yet?
                      Integrity First
                      Service Before Self
                      Excellence In All We Do

Comment

• Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
                        a couple of questions guys...first of all i checked cass and im finally in there and this is what it looks like

Pre-Employment Forms pending-One or more of your forms may have not been received. You will be contacted if additional documentation is required.

Qualifications-pending A review of your work experience and/or education is still pending.

Background Investigation-pending We have not received the background investigation documentation which is required to begin your investigation.

Fitness-Not Applicable

so basically, what does this mean? a few weeks back i got a letter in the mail saying that i was unsuitable for the position and if i believed that was in error i could send in a letter of reconsideration, which of course i did. called MHC after over-nighting my letter and they confirmed that they did receive it and i would hear back from them soon. i havent gotten anything in the mail yet but since im in cass should i be expecting me pre-employment forms soon? also, why are some quals listed as N/A? does that mean they just havent been completed yet?
                        I'm guessing that you'll be getting a TO soon, it appears the reconsideration was in your favor.

As far as the N/A goes...I'm guessing they'll eventually set themselves to where they need to be.

Comment

a couple of questions guys...first of all i checked cass and im finally in there and this is what it looks like

Fitness-Not Applicable

Are you already a FED employee?

Comment

Fitness-Not Applicable

This is a hunch and only a hunch. But possibly because you received an unsuitable letter initially MHC will wait until you are preliminary cleared by the security department before they spend money on interviews and med/fit tests.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                              This is a hunch and only a hunch. But possibly because you received an unsuitable letter initially MHC will wait until you are preliminary cleared by the security department before they spend money on interviews and med/fit tests.
                              That sounds like a decent guess. Maybe there is some truth to the speculation that DHS finally got smart and is sorting out people's background eligibility BEFORE sending them through all the other pre-employment steps.

Comment

• [QUOTE/] Originally Posted by cargo82 View Post
                                so as i thought i was in the clear and good to go i received a letter saying i am unsuitable for the position due to illegal drug use. has anyone had to respond to this? I leave to fletc in two weeks so does this mean they hold me at pre academy till this clears up. I admitted takingt hit off a joint like 3 years ago in amsterdam, so that wasnt really illegal right? My investigator even told me is was no big deal. I would appreciate any input if anyone has had to respond to this type letter.[/QUOTE]

dude why would you mention that, its the government. I know air force pilots that have done far worse in their hayday but I can assure you they never mentioned it even in passing.

I havent read further but id like to see someone suggest how to get outta this one?
                                Last edited by colinm112; 10-15-2008, 11:21 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5299 users online. 402 members and 4897 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X