300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
    Northeast and 80 No vet. Points. What about you?
    I post it on my signature to share with all...which I'll update with dates as I progress with the hiring process for others to compare or get an idea of with regards with timeframes for each milestone. I've seen others doing it so I'm doing it too. Helps get an idea of how long it taken through this long journey.

I got 93 with Vet pts for Florida and the Caribbean.
    CBPO ANNOUNCEMENT: 14-2
    GEO LOC: FLORIDA & CARIBBEAN
    ACK LETTER: 25 JULY 2014
    WRITTEN EXAM: 17 SEPT 2014
    NOR: RATING 93 W/ 5 VET PTS
    TSL: 09 JAN 2015
    VBT/SI: PASS
    MEDICAL: PASS
    FITNESS TEST 1: PASS
    POLY: FAIL 12 MAY 2015 (1ST)
    BI: PENDING IN CASS

Comment

• Originally posted by jimguy56 View Post
      I was told I have to finish cause when I first took it was a full day. I got burnt out. When you folks take the test make sure you eat. Also be honest. It is by far the worst part of this process. Good luck
      Jimguy,
      What has the timeframe been between your first poly and your second? I'm in the same boat. This seems to be a common theme at the Miramar IA office.
      Last edited by Arroz con pollo; 11-18-2014, 09:31 PM.
      CBPO

14-1
      Geo: SWB
      CBPO Exam: 06/11/14
      NOR: 07/14/14
      TSL: 08/01/14
      Received BI paperwork: 08/07/14
      BI paperwork submitted: 08/15/14
      Medical / PFT1: 08/21/14
      VBT / SI : 09/17/14
      Credit report pulled: 10/02/14
      Poly 1: 11/13/14
      Poly 2: 12/30/14

BPA

15-1
      Geo: Arizona
      BPA Exam: 12/16/14

Comment

• The
        Originally posted by Arroz con pollo View Post
        Jimguy,
        What has the timeframe been between your first poly and your second? I'm in the same boat. This seems to be a common theme at the Miramar IA office.
        4 weeks and yea.. I know I'll pass got to stay positive lol definitely can't wait for this step to be over! How about you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
          Do you prefer truthful answers or should we just sugarcoat the answers? This is not an everyone gets an award for participating kind of career. CBP most certainly wants officers that will show commitment to the agency. The agency will expect night, weekends, mandatory overtime. Family time will suffer. That is representative of the agency. Would you prefer that I just say yeah go ahead and go home every weekend no one will care or bat an eye when that is not the reality or would you rather have the heads up that people will be watching and your professional reputation starts day one at the academy?

FB
          I agree with you but I don't know what SM3 said as well, for me as a person who use this forum there were a few sarcastic people. JoshK was the only person that was professional with me when addressing my concern. I do agree with SM3, there is negativity in this form, so what if he asked can he go home. He just asking a question, does that mean he is a lazy and going to do his job horrible? No, it means absolutely nothing, its just question. You don't put someone integrity down, because they asked a question. Yes be truthful but what you are going to say, but don't state at the end of sentence not another lazy individual who's not going to do his job and take shortcuts on the job.
          Last edited by mizzou573; 11-18-2014, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimguy56 View Post
            The
            4 weeks and yea.. I know I'll pass got to stay positive lol definitely can't wait for this step to be over! How about you?
            I don't want to get ahead of myself. I knew coming into this process that the poly would be the most difficult hurdle to clear. Remain calm and focused and stick to your guns. I'm expecting to be called soon for a second poly. I was honest during questioning and accurate when asked for details and specifics. We will see how all this goes....
            CBPO

14-1
            Geo: SWB
            CBPO Exam: 06/11/14
            NOR: 07/14/14
            TSL: 08/01/14
            Received BI paperwork: 08/07/14
            BI paperwork submitted: 08/15/14
            Medical / PFT1: 08/21/14
            VBT / SI : 09/17/14
            Credit report pulled: 10/02/14
            Poly 1: 11/13/14
            Poly 2: 12/30/14

BPA

15-1
            Geo: Arizona
            BPA Exam: 12/16/14

Comment

• Originally posted by MIRACLE View Post
              It really does suck. and yes I studied for about 4 months at least 4 times a week and I felt the study guide was'nt the best help especially for the math portion. But no excuses I plan on continuing to studie and retake in a year.

Question too all is the year wait to re-test a calender year from when you applied or when you tested?
              Per the posting 14-2, "You will not be able to retake the examination for one year (from the date of exam) regardless of whether you pass or fail." I doubt they'll change it for 15-1.

Did you look at the reference list at the bottom of the study guide. Check those sources out and see if they have material you felt you had difficulty with.
              SM3

CBPO

14-2
              Geo: Central East Coast, United States
              Grade: GS-7
              CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
              NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
              TSL: 11/18/2014
              Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
              01/06/15 VBT/SI
              01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
              03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicole_DeForest View Post
                I just got the same email you did, and I never received my TSL either, just this one. I checked all folders too.
                Same here. I even checked my USAjobs.gov and the last status update is still listed as 31OCT14. I'm guessing they got the cart before the horse and we'll receive somethings soon, but I'm learning as I go.
                SM3

CBPO

14-2
                01/06/15 VBT/SI
                03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                  Regardless if you believe it or not I am being helpful. You are also correct you should have left the other post up. You asked if it would be advisable to drive home for the weekends. You then stated that family is more important. Everything you posted above is great glad you did it. I will not speak to it because I didn't do it. However, you got at least two opinions from current Officers that did go through the CBP Academy and an opinion from a Manager. Your focus should be on your education for this career. It will only take one vehicle accident or vehicle malfunction to make you late returning to the academy that will not go over well at all. I will also point out that once you get to the academy if you plan on traveling further away than a specific distance you will have to speak to you class coordinator before you go.

Please keep in mind when hired to this job you are a probationary officer regardless of what you did in the past. You will not help yourself boasting of what you did in the past. You should be trying to make the impression that you are a serious officer and that you take your training seriously regardless of what it is or if you think it is worthwhile. You is hard to do that when you are leaving the training atmosphere every weekend to go home. The instructor cadre will be looking for the class to gel as a group again hard to do if your not there. They will also be looking for the stronger, squared away trainees to assist the trainees that are struggling, from the information you posted above, you would probably fit that description but if your not there it is hard to make connections and assist.

Your original post came off like you are treating this like a job to get a pay check and not a career choice. The fact that multiple people seem to have taken it that way should cause you to pause a bit.

FB
                  Thanks, but without going back and rereading I'm pretty sure you were one of the well worded helpful posts, not one of the negative posts. Please keep the good, upbeat, and helpful advice coming. FYI, I never treat any job (let alone a career like this) as "just a job", and I always take training seriously. I didn't think anyone would care that much what I did in my free time and just wanted to know how much free time I could expect on weekends (1 or 2 days). however, you pose a great point about distance of travel/ permission for such travel, and how it looks gelling with the team. Thanks for the insight.
                  SM3

CBPO

14-2
                  01/06/15 VBT/SI
                  03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Comment

• Originally posted by cscott91 View Post
                    I'm a 14-2 applicant and I received an email from MHC with my applicant ID also saying I should have received my TSL, which I haven't (and yes I checked all my spam folders). Will it be coming shortly after or should I call MHC?
                    I just checked CASS- everything is Pending. I did note the last line (Fitness), while it is Pending, it states, "A clinic has been assigned for your fitness test. You will be contacted to schedule your examination." [my emphasis].

Anyone know the fitness test requirements (I know the exercises, just not how many, how fast, etc...)?
                    SM3

CBPO

14-2
                    01/06/15 VBT/SI
                    03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Comment

• Has ANYONE received a TSL for GEO LOC: Florida and Caribbean? I see many having received TSL for other regions such as SWE, NE, CE...just wondering if anyone whom selected FL has received any email or notification of some sort.

Keeping my hopes high...for FL/PR/Islands.

Good luck to all.
                      CBPO ANNOUNCEMENT: 14-2
                      GEO LOC: FLORIDA & CARIBBEAN
                      ACK LETTER: 25 JULY 2014
                      WRITTEN EXAM: 17 SEPT 2014
                      NOR: RATING 93 W/ 5 VET PTS
                      TSL: 09 JAN 2015
                      VBT/SI: PASS
                      MEDICAL: PASS
                      FITNESS TEST 1: PASS
                      POLY: FAIL 12 MAY 2015 (1ST)
                      BI: PENDING IN CASS

Comment

• Hello my friends, today is my big day. In just an hour is my Poly. Wish me luck or pray for me. Later I will update my status again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aguadillano View Post
                          Hello my friends, today is my big day. In just an hour is my Poly. Wish me luck or pray for me. Later I will update my status again.
                          Good luck!! Today is the day for me as well (pft2)!!! Good luck to everyone else who is doing their pft2 today as well!!!
                          Announcement 13-1
                          GEO Applied for- East Texas
                          Tested- 09/25/13
                          NOR- 10/28/13 (98 With VP)
                          TSL- 12/18/13
                          TSL2- 12/28/13
                          Medical and PFT1- 1/09/14
                          SI/VBT- 2/24/14
                          Drug Test- 4/1/14
                          Poly- 5/7/14
                          Finished with BI- 5/28/14
                          Contacted about Active duty obligation- 7/30/14
                          application placed on hold due to active military obligation- 7/31/14
                          application changed to show active- 10/01/14
                          CASS shows: "you have been referred to the scheduling unit"- 10/01/14
                          Hoping to get Dallas

Comment

• Just received second email with tsl.

Comment

• Originally posted by L718 View Post
                              Just received second email with tsl.
                              Me too. Good Luck in the process

Comment

• Originally posted by L718 View Post
                                Just received second email with tsl.
                                What is your Geo and score if you don't mind ke asking? I'm also on the waiting list for the FL and the caribbean/islands

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13117 users online. 480 members and 12637 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X