Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like you're good to go man. Good luck with the process!

Comment

• Originally posted by BJL905 View Post
      Sounds like you're good to go man. Good luck with the process!
      Thank you. I hope they send me my TSL sooner or later

Comment

• Do u need a 70 or above to pass each class in FLETC? Are there more written exams or practical exams?

Comment

• Well finally got my NOR and no bueno did'nt pass. I'll be retaking as soon as I can. Those who passed 14-1,14-2,14-3 any additional advice to help prepare and pass the entrance exam next time around. Any and all advice is helpful. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by MIRACLE View Post
            Well finally got my NOR and no bueno did'nt pass. I'll be retaking as soon as I can. Those who passed 14-1,14-2,14-3 any additional advice to help prepare and pass the entrance exam next time around. Any and all advice is helpful. Thanks
            Although I didn't have it prior to the CBPO exam, I picked up a civil service study guide. It covers the three areas on the exam plus a bunch of additional topics. The study guides provided to us are helpful, but after the CBPO exam I feel as though more reading and study material wouldn't hurt.

Comment

• Where did you get the civil services study guide?

Originally posted by cnm313 View Post
              Although I didn't have it prior to the CBPO exam, I picked up a civil service study guide. It covers the three areas on the exam plus a bunch of additional topics. The study guides provided to us are helpful, but after the CBPO exam I feel as though more reading and study material wouldn't hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by MIRACLE View Post
                Where did you get the civil services study guide?
                Barnes & Noble. There's a few to choose from. I forget the publisher of the one I bought as I don't have it on me right now.

Comment

• Study Guide

Originally posted by cnm313 View Post
                  Barnes & Noble. There's a few to choose from. I forget the publisher of the one I bought as I don't have it on me right now.
                  CBP publishes a study guide for the written exam, it covers the entire exam, is that what your talking about?

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 View Post
                    Thank you but I will do fine at FLETC. There is nothing there that I can't handle. If you think ANYTHING is more important than family, you might have to do something about your head. Although, maybe you meant that a little tongue in cheek/ half joking, in which case, lol.
                    Though I didn't say it, I would not have meant it jokingly. I don't know what Port you are hoping to get but this is a law enforcement career that you are applying for and would work in theory for the next twenty years. It is not a nine to five job. There are likely many family things that you will miss in the next twenty or so years. That is just the reality of the job. You need to focus on learning the job not only in the academy but really for the first five or so years of your career. I agree family is important but a law enforcement career is a commitment that will take away from family time. That commitment must be shared by everyone in the family not just the officer or there will be problems in the future.

I can tell you that if you displayed that attitude about this job in the interview process I would not be inclined to hire you. If you displayed that attitude at your Port of Entry upon your return from the academy, I would not take you as a serious officer and if given a choice would not select you for advanced training and likely your career development would suffer.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by LadyKiller View Post
                      CBP publishes a study guide for the written exam, it covers the entire exam, is that what your talking about?
                      No, it's more of a general civil service exam study guide. It does, however, cover all aspects of the CBP exam (logical reasoning, arithmetic, and writing skills). I didn't see a CBP specific study guide at the Barnes & Noble I went to, but the one I bought will suffice. I have an upcoming civil service exam at the local level.

Comment

• Got my polygraph scheduled for December 18!!
                        Geo - Central East Coast
                        CBPO Exam - 10/18/2013
                        NOR - 10/24/2013
                        TSL - 1/30/2014
                        VBT #1 - 3/12/14 (out of country)
                        PFT1/medical - 3/20/2014
                        VBT/SI #2 - 5/15/2014 (eligible 5/22/2014)
                        eQuip/fingerprints - 9/29/2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdmgreg View Post
                          Got my polygraph scheduled for December 18!!
                          Are you 14-2? What did you score?

Comment

• Northern border

Originally posted by hxc_topher View Post
                            I was offered North Dakota (which I declined) and accepted Blaine.

What about yourself? Where are you at in hiring process?
                            CASS says my background investigation is "In the security office" ....

Tried to message you but it says you are not set up receive private messages.

How were you able to decline ND?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdmgreg View Post
                              Got my polygraph scheduled for December 18!!
                              Did you get a call or an email?
                              Geo Central East Coast
                              CBPO Exam 9/20/2013
                              NOR 10/24/13
                              TSL 12/18/13
                              Medical/PFT1 1/27/14
                              VBT/SI 5/8/14
                              eQIP received 9/19/14
                              eQIP submitted 9/24/14
                              Fingerprints submitted 9/25/14
                              Case in security office 10/17/14

Comment

• I'm in the old 13-1 group.
                                Geo - Central East Coast
                                CBPO Exam - 10/18/2013
                                NOR - 10/24/2013
                                TSL - 1/30/2014
                                VBT #1 - 3/12/14 (out of country)
                                PFT1/medical - 3/20/2014
                                VBT/SI #2 - 5/15/2014 (eligible 5/22/2014)
                                eQuip/fingerprints - 9/29/2014

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11260 users online. 435 members and 10825 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X