300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SM3 View Post
    TY for posting this info. Is FLETC still M-F or did they make it M-Saturday now (I heard a rumor they were going to, to make it faster)? Thank you in advance.
    Right now we are doing M-F.
    Geo: SWB
    CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
    NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
    TSL - 01/31/14
    Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
    VBT/SI - 02/28/14
    BI - 03/15/14
    Poly - 04/30/14
    BI Cleared - 06/24/14
    Drug Test - 06/26/14
    The Call - 06/26/14
    PFT 2 - 07/11/14
    EOD - 07/14/14
    Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• PM sent.

Good deal getting offered Blaine!

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 View Post
        TY for posting this info. Is FLETC still M-F or did they make it M-Saturday now (I heard a rumor they were going to, to make it faster)? Thank you in advance.
        In order to run classes 6 days each week they'd be forced into paying OT for those 8 hours on day six.
        Not that they couldn't do that but I'll bet they ll dance in many different directions in order to avoid that sort of OT payout.
        I'd almost bet that we'd sooner see staggered classes/multiple shifts before the OT checkbook comes out.

Comment

• 14-2 did any body hear anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
            There isn't a need for a lot of officers. So they only take as many as needed. Hopefully you scored really high, if so you have a good chance of being selected. I know the cut off for my announcement, 13-1 I believe, was like 94. As someone that was selected for the fl region, if you are wanting the process to go fast, I'd recommend changing. I'm almost 14 months in and my eqip hasn't even been updated to "in security office." So my background hasn't even started.
            Thx for the info josh, hopefully i scored high enough to be considered, i really wish to stay in florida or the caribbean, hopefully we"ll eventually meet each other sometime

Comment

• Originally posted by MIRACLE View Post
              When did you get your scores, I'm 14-2(SWB) as well and have'nt recieved anything.
              Hi,i got my NORs about 9 days ago, they sent them to my email, took the test in september 23rd

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastelon View Post
                Thx for the info josh, hopefully i scored high enough to be considered, i really wish to stay in florida or the caribbean, hopefully we"ll eventually meet each other sometime
                What was your score? Hopefully we'll get to meet sometime, that means we both made it!! What port in florida or caribbean are you hoping for?
                Geo- Florida
                CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                NOR- 98 10/25/13
                Qual- GS 7
                TSL- 2/28/14
                PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  In order to run classes 6 days each week they'd be forced into paying OT for those 8 hours on day six.
                  Not that they couldn't do that but I'll bet they ll dance in many different directions in order to avoid that sort of OT payout.
                  I'd almost bet that we'd sooner see staggered classes/multiple shifts before the OT checkbook comes out.
                  Good, thank you. I'm early in the process, but my wife is already worried that if I don;t get it I would see her and the kids for the whole time I was at FLETC (one day off is too hard to round trip home) but M-F I can come home at least every other weekend if not every weekend. Thanks again.
                  SM3

CBPO

14-2
                  Geo: Central East Coast, United States
                  Grade: GS-7
                  CBPO Exam: 9/16/2014
                  NOR: 10/31/2014 - 110 (with Veteran's points)
                  TSL: 11/18/2014
                  Medical/PFT 1: 12/17/2014
                  01/06/15 VBT/SI
                  01/07/15 NOR for SI found "eligible"
                  03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• If you're already thinking about coming home every weekend you'll be doomed and wind up flunking or dropping out. Get your head in the game man!

Comment

• I too question the wisdom of traveling that far that often while at the academy.
                      You'll likely have work/study that you'll need your weekends for. Plus, the academy is stressful enough without adding in all the additional commutes.

If it was me, I'd explain to the wife and kids that I'd see them sporadically over my academy time and maybe do something like bringing the family done to Brunswick during school vacations...where you should at least expect to see them for a bit each day.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJL905 View Post
                        If you're already thinking about coming home every weekend you'll be doomed and wind up flunking or dropping out. Get your head in the game man!
                        Thank you but I will do fine at FLETC. There is nothing there that I can't handle. If you think ANYTHING is more important than family, you might have to do something about your head. Although, maybe you meant that a little tongue in cheek/ half joking, in which case, lol.
                        SM3

CBPO

14-2
                        01/06/15 VBT/SI
                        03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Good luck to everyone, this is not easy. I know good people that have not made it through the process. Let's all do our best to support and help each other through the process. I hope we all make it!

Comment

• I got an 88 for central east coast. Guys, Do you think it's enough to get TSL?

Comment

• If I'm not mistaken, you'd be taken this job for your family right? If that's the case why in the hell would you want to risk flunking out or dropping just so that you can see them? I have an infant and I'm more focused than you are already and I'm deeper into the process. My family already knows that it's strictly business if I get to the academy because I'd be making sacrifices all for the greater good of providing them with a better life down the road. We'll keep contact through FaceTime because I'm not trying to quit my job just to go to an academy and come home a failure due to me not being disciplined and focused enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJL905 View Post
                              If I'm not mistaken, you'd be taken this job for your family right? If that's the case why in the hell would you want to risk flunking out or dropping just so that you can see them? I have an infant and I'm more focused than you are already and I'm deeper into the process. My family already knows that it's strictly business if I get to the academy because I'd be making sacrifices all for the greater good of providing them with a better life down the road. We'll keep contact through FaceTime because I'm not trying to quit my job just to go to an academy and come home a failure due to me not being disciplined and focused enough.
                              If you've gone to a previous LE academy you'll be just fine with having fun on weekends for the OFO academy. I Have old classmates going thru it and it's not bad at all.
                              Don't get me wrong, focus and pay attention but have a good time as well. Don't stress out.

Comment

• Deleted but must leave 10 characters.
                                Last edited by SM3; 11-16-2014, 11:02 PM. Reason: The intended saw it, no reason to waste others time.
                                SM3

CBPO

14-2
                                01/06/15 VBT/SI
                                03/06/15 Poly- Scheduled

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13472 users online. 412 members and 13060 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X