300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
    If you are just guessing, shouldn't you always be making an educated guess?? The math isn't that hard. Eliminate answers you know aren't correct and go from there.
    I couldn't make an educated guess on the questions that I didn't understand. So, I just guessed in general. My memory of algebra from high school is terrible. So, I just did the best I could. That's why calculators should be allowed when taking that type of test, cause in reality, whether you're working or not, if you're not able to do a math problem in your head, you're just going to use a calculator. In today's world, most people always have a calculator with them. If you have a cellphone, then you probably have calculator.

Comment

• Hey Jade what's your class number? 363 comes in next week!
      Geo: SWB
      CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
      NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
      TSL - 01/31/14
      Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
      VBT/SI - 02/28/14
      BI - 03/15/14
      Poly - 04/30/14
      BI Cleared - 06/24/14
      Drug Test - 06/26/14
      The Call - 06/26/14
      PFT 2 - 07/11/14
      EOD - 07/14/14
      Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• Originally posted by dg_MUM33 View Post
        Thank you Jade78 and great idea on taking a pic of CASS. I don't have a date for the PFT2 yet.
        Best of luck to you since it looks like it is soon!
        Turn your PM on please or send me a message

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattle View Post
          Hey Jade what's your class number? 363 comes in next week!
          I have not gotten my classes yet, I think they are waiting till after I pass my PFT2 which is next Tuesday. I have a feeling it would be 365 I don't know why

Comment

• Originally posted by JasonB110 View Post
            Did you make educated guesses or just picked random answers?
            I made educated guesses for the most part...some selections were so off they could be eliminated.

Comment

• Originally posted by JasonB110 View Post
              I couldn't make an educated guess on the questions that I didn't understand. So, I just guessed in general. My memory of algebra from high school is terrible. So, I just did the best I could. That's why calculators should be allowed when taking that type of test, cause in reality, whether you're working or not, if you're not able to do a math problem in your head, you're just going to use a calculator. In today's world, most people always have a calculator with them. If you have a cellphone, then you probably have calculator.
              I would have to disagree with you on that. They are trying to know if the applicants are smart enough to be able to solve a simple math problems and are decent writers. So what if we all have calculators, does that mean that we should not use our brains at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattle View Post
                Hey Jade what's your class number? 363 comes in next week!
                How long did it take for you to get your class number in the mail after passing pft2?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                  I would have to disagree with you on that. They are trying to know if the applicants are smart enough to be able to solve a simple math problems and are decent writers. So what if we all have calculators, does that mean that we should not use our brains at all?
                  Couldn't agree more!! I can't remember the last time a cashier ACTUALLY COUNTED back my change!!!
                  Announcement 13-1
                  GEO Applied for- East Texas
                  Tested- 09/25/13
                  NOR- 10/28/13 (98 With VP)
                  TSL- 12/18/13
                  TSL2- 12/28/13
                  Medical and PFT1- 1/09/14
                  SI/VBT- 2/24/14
                  Drug Test- 4/1/14
                  Poly- 5/7/14
                  Finished with BI- 5/28/14
                  Contacted about Active duty obligation- 7/30/14
                  application placed on hold due to active military obligation- 7/31/14
                  application changed to show active- 10/01/14
                  CASS shows: "you have been referred to the scheduling unit"- 10/01/14
                  Hoping to get Dallas

Comment

• Hello everyone
                    I have a question to those who may have an answer. I took my polygraph on the 16th of September and passed it. I haven't heard back at all, not even for my BI. I know on my CASS it says my folder is in the security office. It said that even before I received an email for my polygraph. Is this a normal thing that it's been almost a month now? I only have my drug test, BI, and final PFT2 left. Obviously the job offer has to happen still. If someone may give me some insight I would appreciate it Also, if you pass the polygraph does it go to quality control? Or is that only of you fail it?

Thanks a bunch!
                    Melissa

Comment

• Hey Melissa85! I took my 2nd poly around the same time you took yours. You should be getting a call from someone next week. If you call MHC they will tell you whether or not you pass. It's hard to get a hold of someone but when you do, they will give you that info. What's your Geo? Good luck!

Comment

• Hi Melissa,

I wouldn't worry too much about it. It was a little over a month from when I took my poly till I got a call from my BI. Not every timeline is going to be the same and can depend on who they have available in your location to do your background.
                        GEO: Midwest
                        9/6/13: Written Exam
                        9/13/13: NOR Passed
                        1/30/14: TSL
                        2/19/14: PFT1 Passed
                        2/19/14: Medical Passed
                        3/1/14: VBT Passed
                        3/1/14: SI Passed
                        7/26/14: Polygraph Passed
                        9/30/14: Background Passed
                        10/17/14: Drug Test Passed
                        10/20/14: THE CALL/Accepted Detroit Location
                        11/18/14: PFT2 PASSED
                        12/1/14: Pre-Academy
                        1/9/15-5/15/15: FLETC

Comment

• Hey guys Ty for the reply messages. My GEO is northwest/northern border. I was going to call today but decided not to and wait till another week. Perhaps I'll give a jingle on Monday. I've heard on here that some folks never got a message regarding when there BI started. Could it be possible that they had started looking into my back ground or is it only when they email you saying they are?

Thanks again!
                          Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by melissa85 View Post
                            Hey guys Ty for the reply messages. My GEO is northwest/northern border. I was going to call today but decided not to and wait till another week. Perhaps I'll give a jingle on Monday. I've heard on here that some folks never got a message regarding when there BI started. Could it be possible that they had started looking into my back ground or is it only when they email you saying they are?
                            Hello lady,
                            It is normal for your CASS to say "Your case is in security office" from the day you submitted your sf86 until your case clears adjudication (that was the case with me). I am guessing that your BI timing came with the new FY and that's why it might delayed it a bit, good news is that you past the dreaded polygraph and it's down hill from there.
                            You also never know with BI, for some people starts right after poly before they know, and for some they get called. You are in good shape and things are starting to pick up for all of us who are in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by dg_MUM33 View Post
                              I am a 13-1 applicant and my background just cleared about 2 weeks ago! I am just waiting on the drug test, which will hopefully be soon, so I can have all green checks! From the looks of several others time lines the drug test was immediately after their b.g was finished. Hoping this will happen soon for me and best of luck to all applicants in this long process!
                              I am part of that group 13-1. I still have not got a green light on my medical. I did it in April. But they did have me start my background check paperwork. I finished it last weekend. Good luck on everything
                              Test taken-08/30/2013
                              NOR-09/04/2013 (84 non vet)
                              Changed location-02/20/2014
                              Medical-04/15/2014 (still waiting)
                              PT1-04/15/2014 passed
                              VBT & SI-05/14/2014 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                                Hello lady,
                                It is normal for your CASS to say "Your case is in security office" from the day you submitted your sf86 until your case clears adjudication (that was the case with me). I am guessing that your BI timing came with the new FY and that's why it might delayed it a bit, good news is that you past the dreaded polygraph and it's down hill from there.
                                You also never know with BI, for some people starts right after poly before they know, and for some they get called. You are in good shape and things are starting to pick up for all of us who are in the process.
                                Thanks Jade Just trying to sit here patiently. I know you waited quiet a bit, so this is nothing lol I'm hoping to hear something soon. I have to pass another gate after these phases and that is a job offer. I hope they offer me a position. To go through all of this and not get anything. Dang lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10120 users online. 461 members and 9659 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X