300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SolidSnoopy View Post
    Are you allowed to have a watch or cell phone out during the 1.5 mile run to help keep track of your pace?

On another note, can you have a gopro on your head to record things yourself???
    No cell phones , and man are you for real with the Gopro? That's a Hell nooo...

CBPO since 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by SolidSnoopy View Post
      Are you allowed to have a watch or cell phone out during the 1.5 mile run to help keep track of your pace?

On another note, can you have a gopro on your head to record things yourself???
      The training is meant to be a military type of environment. That means, definitely no cell phones and definitely no gopros. I'm not sure if there's a rule for watches, but if there is, I wouldn't doubt that it's the same as the military's rule for wearing them. The rule is, they're okay to wear, as long as they're black in color and made of rubber or velcro (nothing fancy). Though, you'll sweat during training. So, rubber is probably better, than velcro. You shouldn't want to wear anything fancy/expensive during training, anyway for obvious reasons. Those cheap Casio digital watches are perfect. They're not only black in color, but they're thin and very lightweight. They cost about $12.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnc3672 View Post
        I have a general question I wanted to posit to anyone who might have the answer. Does anyone in terms of region, if you put down a specific region, but you may want to change.. is making a chance possible? For example, I am east coast region, but since I applied to the job some things have changed, and I want to put in to potentially be in NC which is the south east. Is that possible? I am about to take my polygraph examination (thats what step I am on in the process). Thank you.
        In order to change your location you have to reapply when there's another open announcement. but everything you have done that hasn't expired (medical, drug test, pft1, exam, etc.) transfers over when you reapply. so you're not completely starting over.

Comment

• Hey guys got the call to schedule my polygraph.. I have it on the 5th of November in DC anyone else have it the same day? Hoping for the best

Comment

• He should've brought the GoPro into the polygraph. Smh....

Comment

• I applied for the Midwest region. My background investigation took about 3-4 months I believe. I will look back through my emails and post my time line. Just off the top of my head it was something like this:

NOR:Beginning of January
              TSL: End of January
              Medical and PT1: February 19th
              Video and SI: Mid March
              Polygraph:June
              Met with BI: August
              BI: cleared Beginning of October
              Drug Test: Pending
              GEO: Midwest
              9/6/13: Written Exam
              9/13/13: NOR Passed
              1/30/14: TSL
              2/19/14: PFT1 Passed
              2/19/14: Medical Passed
              3/1/14: VBT Passed
              3/1/14: SI Passed
              7/26/14: Polygraph Passed
              9/30/14: Background Passed
              10/17/14: Drug Test Passed
              10/20/14: THE CALL/Accepted Detroit Location
              11/18/14: PFT2 PASSED
              12/1/14: Pre-Academy
              1/9/15-5/15/15: FLETC

Comment

• Just got the call for my drug test while I was typing up my last post : ) Tomorrow afternoon...ready for all those green checks and hopeful for a call soon!! Can anyone let me know how long the drug test takes? I will need to find a babysitter and would love to have a time frame to give them! Thx and best of luck everyone!!!
                GEO: Midwest
                9/6/13: Written Exam
                9/13/13: NOR Passed
                1/30/14: TSL
                2/19/14: PFT1 Passed
                2/19/14: Medical Passed
                3/1/14: VBT Passed
                3/1/14: SI Passed
                7/26/14: Polygraph Passed
                9/30/14: Background Passed
                10/17/14: Drug Test Passed
                10/20/14: THE CALL/Accepted Detroit Location
                11/18/14: PFT2 PASSED
                12/1/14: Pre-Academy
                1/9/15-5/15/15: FLETC

Comment

• anyone know a place in San Ysidro/San Diego that i can stay at really cheap during pre academy? my money is really tight now with buying plane tickets and putting things in storage, etc. i would greatly appreciate any help.

Comment

• Originally posted by dg_MUM33 View Post
                    Just got the call for my drug test while I was typing up my last post : ) Tomorrow afternoon...ready for all those green checks and hopeful for a call soon!! Can anyone let me know how long the drug test takes? I will need to find a babysitter and would love to have a time frame to give them! Thx and best of luck everyone!!!
                    Congrats, Your drug test shouldn't take more than couple of days. I took mine October 2nd, and was cleared October 6th, I took a photo of my CASS for a memory coz it was all gone the following week and was replaced with an EOD date only.
                    Do you know when your pft2 yet?

Comment

• Thanks brother, now quick question...lets say i re-apply, does that mean i have to re-take the written exam again....i understand that the rest Medical, poly and exct remain but what about the written portion??

Comment

• Originally posted by mnc3672 View Post
                        Thanks brother, now quick question...lets say i re-apply, does that mean i have to re-take the written exam again....i understand that the rest Medical, poly and exct remain but what about the written portion??
                        the written exam is good for a year i believe. i know my gf took the written exam earlier this year but she had applied for North East GEO. when it opened again for South East she reapplied and her PFT1, medical, and VBT transferred over.

Comment

• You people, anybody of you heard the MHC is no longer taking blood pressure or heart rate before pft2?

Comment

• I'd also like to know if this is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mk_23 View Post
                              Hey guys got the call to schedule my polygraph.. I have it on the 5th of November in DC anyone else have it the same day? Hoping for the best
                              Wow you have to go all the way down there for a poly! Arent you from NY i saw you toom your VBT in JFk

Comment

• So far on my pft2 everyone got the BP and HR taken before any test

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7836 users online. 410 members and 7426 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X