Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't be surprised if you had to do another one. I was told by the examinar that I passed as well. If they are unsure about something, they will send it to get looked at/verified/approved or whatever they do. I see stories from other peoples experiences and it seems to be an extremely broad range of results. Hope the best for you and pray everything works out. Good luck
    Announcement 13-1
    GEO Applied for- East Texas
    Tested- 09/25/13
    NOR- 10/28/13 (98 With VP)
    TSL- 12/18/13
    TSL2- 12/28/13
    Medical and PFT1- 1/09/14
    SI/VBT- 2/24/14
    Drug Test- 4/1/14
    Poly- 5/7/14
    Finished with BI- 5/28/14
    Contacted about Active duty obligation- 7/30/14
    application placed on hold due to active military obligation- 7/31/14
    application changed to show active- 10/01/14
    CASS shows: "you have been referred to the scheduling unit"- 10/01/14
    Hoping to get Dallas

Comment

• Originally posted by joelouis1901 View Post
      They just said it need to go to review :/
      I hope you hear something positive soon, waiting is just a killer.

Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      You'll find with some time on the job that it's not all that hard to figure out who's posting here and on other boards, especially if they're not careful in what they post that helps identify them.
      I've figured out numerous posters here from what they've posted...EOD dates, ports, personal stuff, work accomplishments, etc.
      I very much like my anonymity. I'll keep it, when possible.
      Not that I think that I'm hiding from anyone important. I'm reasonably sure that those in charge know who anyone here is..once they are interested in one of us.
      You've got a good point. I think most of ppl here have some feeling about that but you put it in words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
        My examiner told right after I finished my exam, before I even asked him.
        same

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          The average PA is at aout 101K. The differences are a bit skewed because the average PA has less years in service when compared to the average CBPO. If it's adjusted for equal base pay it's more like a 8-9K gap.

Those are figured on FY2013 numbers.
          Yea I can see that number being on a piece of paper. But reality is that's a little over inflated with all the guys in high COLA areas. I also bet that number was computed when all Agents were at 25% AUO when majority have been forced to drop below that. Most of the Border Patrol's locale falls under the RUS pay scale. And if you take an average of just those areas its going to be a bit less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
            Yea I can see that number being on a piece of paper. But reality is that's a little over inflated with all the guys in high COLA areas. I also bet that number was computed when all Agents were at 25% AUO when majority have been forced to drop below that. Most of the Border Patrol's locale falls under the RUS pay scale. And if you take an average of just those areas its going to be a bit less.
            I can't tell you the methodology used to compute those averages.

If I was betting though, I'd bet that, if anything, the OFO average is far less representative of a "true" number than the OBP one.

COPRA is a far more fickle overtime system than AUO and there are far more CBPO's on both extremes of having little/no overtime and of having cap waivers to exceed the 35K cap limit.

Often too, there's little chance to really modify any situation either. Those people stuck in high OT ports often are forced into OT whether it's wanted or not. People in low OT ports are not offered OT, whether they'd work it or not.

OFO's higher differentials also factor into play, people who work mostly midnights, evenings and Sundays in OFO make considerably more than their day shift counterparts.

AUO and FLSA, on the other hand, typically works out far more simply and more centrist. It's been typically applied far more uniformly and across the board, with far fewer outliers on either extreme.

Comment

• Hello all just need some advice. So my poly got canceled at the last minute... Literally the minute I was going to get in my car to drive to it. Its been 2 weeks since and they said they would get back to me with an appointment. They didn't say why it was canceled. Should I call MHC or should I just hurry up n wait lol. Thanks in advance
              Applied: May 2014 SWB
              CBPO Exam: June 2014
              NOR: 81 July 2014
              TSL August
              Eqip: August 16th
              PFT1 August 21 Passed
              VBT/SI Sept 9 Passed
              Polygraph Sept 29
              BI
              PFT1
              EOD
              Academy

Comment

• Originally posted by LEO_88 View Post
                Hello all just need some advice. So my poly got canceled at the last minute... Literally the minute I was going to get in my car to drive to it. Its been 2 weeks since and they said they would get back to me with an appointment. They didn't say why it was canceled. Should I call MHC or should I just hurry up n wait lol. Thanks in advance
                Couple other guys on here had the same as you and had their poly canceled. They will call you sooner or later, you have not done it yet so nothing to worry about it

Comment

If I was betting though, I'd bet that, if anything, the OFO average is far less representative of a "true" number than the OBP one.

COPRA is a far more fickle overtime system than AUO and there are far more CBPO's on both extremes of having little/no overtime and of having cap waivers to exceed the 35K cap limit.

Often too, there's little chance to really modify any situation either. Those people stuck in high OT ports often are forced into OT whether it's wanted or not. People in low OT ports are not offered OT, whether they'd work it or not.

OFO's higher differentials also factor into play, people who work mostly midnights, evenings and Sundays in OFO make considerably more than their day shift counterparts.

AUO and FLSA, on the other hand, typically works out far more simply and more centrist. It's been typically applied far more uniformly and across the board, with far fewer outliers on either extreme.
                  All good points and all well said. I can't say that I disagree with much of it. I agree AUO is more simple but COPRA is much more fair. But nobody complains about AUO because it's consistent and always there even if it doesn't compute to time and a half pay. And there are more CBPOs on both extremes because AUO is given at all stations. And because of that, your right, given a TRUE number OFO probably does average less. I guess my biggest argument would be that your typical BP agent does not bring in 101k and that OFO with a much more fair OT system has potential, given certain locations, to bring in far more than any BP agent.

Comment

Also since your the only one I have found on here that is already on the job and has some time in, do you know anyone in the Dallas port? Any Intel would be greatly appreciated.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
                      All good points and all well said. I can't say that I disagree with much of it. I agree AUO is more simple but COPRA is much more fair. But nobody complains about AUO because it's consistent and always there even if it doesn't compute to time and a half pay. And there are more CBPOs on both extremes because AUO is given at all stations. And because of that, your right, given a TRUE number OFO probably does average less. I guess my biggest argument would be that your typical BP agent does not bring in 101k and that OFO with a much more fair OT system has potential, given certain locations, to bring in far more than any BP agent.
                      I more or less agree.

COPRA is a largely more fair system that's pulled down by the fact that it's(at least OT-wise) not really employed universally and equitably to all. AUO is a less fair system that had the advantage of being more or less universal and available to all. COPRA, when it's at it's best, is the far superior model.

FWIW, that 101K number is an agency number from FY2013 available off Netsecure.

Comment

• TX is a bit outside my bailiwick. I know of a couple guys in Houston, but I can't recall of anybody in Dallas. However, I'll look into my contacts...maybe I'm missing something.

Have you tried the boards on Delphi? You ought to be able to find a Dallas/TX connection there.

Comment

I more or less agree.

COPRA is a largely more fair system that's pulled down by the fact that it's(at least OT-wise) not really employed universally and equitably to all. AUO is a less fair system that had the advantage of being more or less universal and available to all. COPRA, when it's at it's best, is the far superior model.

FWIW, that 101K number is an agency number from FY2013 available off Netsecure.
                          Agreed.....and yea I know where the number comes from, but much like most of the statistics on NetSecure, I take with a grain of salt.

Comment

TX is a bit outside my bailiwick. I know of a couple guys in Houston, but I can't recall of anybody in Dallas. However, I'll look into my contacts...maybe I'm missing something.

Have you tried the boards on Delphi? You ought to be able to find a Dallas/TX connection there.
                            Cool....yea it's been a while since I've been on Delphi but I'll give it a shot. I appreciate it.

Comment

• This thread has stopped working for me!! Not seeing peoples posts
                              Announcement 13-1
                              GEO Applied for- East Texas
                              Tested- 09/25/13
                              NOR- 10/28/13 (98 With VP)
                              TSL- 12/18/13
                              TSL2- 12/28/13
                              Medical and PFT1- 1/09/14
                              SI/VBT- 2/24/14
                              Drug Test- 4/1/14
                              Poly- 5/7/14
                              Finished with BI- 5/28/14
                              Contacted about Active duty obligation- 7/30/14
                              application placed on hold due to active military obligation- 7/31/14
                              application changed to show active- 10/01/14
                              CASS shows: "you have been referred to the scheduling unit"- 10/01/14
                              Hoping to get Dallas

Comment

• Yes ppl are not posting coz it's the weekend and they don't have updates. You will get more info during the week.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8163 users online. 459 members and 7704 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X