Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sportzonepr View Post
    Border Patrol is opening an announcement on Oct 15
    If you are single, enjoy the outdoors and want a high speed job with lots of different assignments right out the gate then BP will be a good thing for some of you. If you have family, can't cut the umbilical cord from parents or don't enjoy hiking/running then stay away. Especially if you have any desire to return back to your home town including anywhere on the east coast including Puerto Rico. The chances of this happening are slim to none with BP. And your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/husband will hate you for making them relocate to Naco/Sierra Vista, Douglass or Yuma, Arizona. (just a few examples) You'll be stuck there for a very very long time. There are no swaps with BP and a transfer for a desired location is seldom and the competition is fierce. At least with CBP, you can land a location where your significant other can find a job and your kids can go to a decent school. Granted, with CBP you run the risk of also ending up at a POE miles and miles from civilization but at least the odds of transferring are much better. That said, the U.S. Border Patrol is an awesome job that you'll find yourself telling yourself quite often,"I can't believe I get paid for this."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cabo-verde View Post
      Awesome ... You really know your stuff
      Cabo 2014 numbers are (random area)
      Pay for GS: GS-7 $40,071
      Pay for LEO: GS-7 $45,414

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
        If you are single, enjoy the outdoors and want a high speed job with lots of different assignments right out the gate then BP will be a good thing for some of you. If you have family, can't cut the umbilical cord from parents or don't enjoy hiking/running then stay away. Especially if you have any desire to return back to your home town including anywhere on the east coast including Puerto Rico. The chances of this happening are slim to none with BP. And your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/husband will hate you for making them relocate to Naco/Sierra Vista, Douglass or Yuma, Arizona. (just a few examples) You'll be stuck there for a very very long time. There are no swaps with BP and a transfer for a desired location is seldom and the competition is fierce. At least with CBP, you can land a location where your significant other can find a job and your kids can go to a decent school. Granted, with CBP you run the risk of also ending up at a POE miles and miles from civilization but at least the odds of transferring are much better. That said, the U.S. Border Patrol is an awesome job that you'll find yourself telling yourself quite often,"I can't believe I get paid for this."
        Thanks. But i cut the umbilical cord long time ago! Hehehe. When I move to the USA I was 20, didnt have family nor friends, so that is not a problem for me. I love the outdoors and i love the south. Especially Arizona. And hell to the NO im not coming back to PR. That was my biggest mistake in life, move back to PR. Thou i had reasons that force me to go back to the PR.

My question is you think will be easy to jump from CBP to BP once in? I know for a fact is way harder to move from BP to CBP.

I think i have done a pretty good progress with my app with CBP. Just by looking others that have taken more than a year. So i will hate to start all over.
        Last edited by sportzonepr; 10-09-2014, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• So has anyone had the opportunity of taking the poly for the third time?
          Geo Central East Coast
          10/26/13 Took the test
          11/06/13 Passed Written test
          03/31/14 Received TSL
          04/09/14 Did medical and fitness test
          06/05/14 Did the VBT& SI interview
          06/13/14 Received BI paperwork
          07/10/14 Polygraph Test (inclonclusive) part 2 08/22/2014

Comment

• Is the training time at FLETC counted towards the probationary period for the job?

Comment

• Originally posted by sportzonepr View Post
              Thanks. But i cut the umbilical cord long time ago! Hehehe. When I move to the USA I was 20, didnt have
              family nor friends, so that is not a problem for me. I love the outdoors and i love the south. Especially Arizona. And hell to the NO im not coming back to PR. That was my biggest mistake in life, move back to PR. Thou i had reasons that force me to go back to the PR.

My question is you think will be easy to jump from CBP to BP once in? I know for a fact is way harder to move from BP to CBP.

I think i have done a pretty good progress with my app with CBP. Just by looking others that have taken more than a year. So i will hate to start all over.
              If anything, I'd say it's far harder to move from OFO to Border Patrol.

OFO is a fairly well diverse and eclectic agency. They tend to embrace a collection of people with a wide range of abilities and experiences and, at least for the most part, they tend to generally accommodate BP as part of the extended family.
              Border Patrol on the other hand, is a far more selective and focused agency...and they generally don't embrace OFO as family.
              Last edited by merlin436; 10-09-2014, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Still no call!! I have got to find something else to do outside of work to keep me occupied!!
                Last edited by MikeUSCG; 10-09-2014, 10:27 PM.
                Announcement 13-1
                GEO Applied for- East Texas
                Tested- 09/25/13
                NOR- 10/28/13 (98 With VP)
                TSL- 12/18/13
                TSL2- 12/28/13
                Medical and PFT1- 1/09/14
                SI/VBT- 2/24/14
                Drug Test- 4/1/14
                Poly- 5/7/14
                Finished with BI- 5/28/14
                Contacted about Active duty obligation- 7/30/14
                application placed on hold due to active military obligation- 7/31/14
                application changed to show active- 10/01/14
                CASS shows: "you have been referred to the scheduling unit"- 10/01/14
                Hoping to get Dallas

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                  Is the training time at FLETC counted towards the probationary period for the job?

Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    Yes.
                    Thanks, that's good.
                    P.S. I like your location on your profile that says "North America"

Comment

Is the training time at FLETC counted towards the probationary period for the job?
                      Yes Jade. After you arrive to your duty station the port commander going to make your "swears" or "oath" (what ever you want to call it), after that you start your probationary period.

Comment

• Hey guys how long after you took your polygraph did you get your results or did they tell you right then and there? My examiner said i would get results in 2-3 weeks i asked if i passed an they said they could not tell me :/ been 3 week tomorrow and still no word

Comment

• Originally posted by joelouis1901 View Post
                          Hey guys how long after you took your polygraph did you get your results or did they tell you right then and there? My examiner said i would get results in 2-3 weeks i asked if i passed an they said they could not tell me :/ been 3 week tomorrow and still no word
                          My examiner told right after I finished my exam, before I even asked him.

Comment

They just said it need to go to review :/

Comment

They said it needed to go to review.

Comment

Thanks, that's good.
                                P.S. I like your location on your profile that says "North America"
                                You'll find with some time on the job that it's not all that hard to figure out who's posting here and on other boards, especially if they're not careful in what they post that helps identify them.

I've figured out numerous posters here from what they've posted...EOD dates, ports, personal stuff, work accomplishments, etc.

I very much like my anonymity. I'll keep it, when possible.

Not that I think that I'm hiding from anyone important. I'm reasonably sure that those in charge know who anyone here is..once they are interested in one of us.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10063 users online. 339 members and 9724 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X