300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aguadillano View Post
    Just asking. The one who fail, in what he/she fail? 220 yards, push ups, sit ups or 1.5 mile?
    it was a girl. she failed the push ups. women seem to struggle a lot with the push ups. my CBP buddy did his PFT2 last year and he said 2 females fail the push ups.

Comment

• Originally posted by sportzonepr View Post
      Since you guys are talking about SW. I know what covers the SW region. But what i dont know where exactly are those ports???
      Yeah same thing I was kinda wondering. I only know san ysidro, tecate, Otay mesa and yuma. I'm sure there's more but idk the rest. They seem to be smaller POEs I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
        Most definitely agree with you there. I know there are not many major ports. But 90-95ish is about what your average BP guy brings in as well. I just had a really good year working a lot of nights at the NTC.
        The average PA is at aout 101K. The differences are a bit skewed because the average PA has less years in service when compared to the average CBPO. If it's adjusted for equal base pay it's more like a 8-9K gap.

Those are figured on FY2013 numbers.

Comment

Since you guys are talking about SW. I know what covers the SW region. But what i dont know where exactly are those ports???
          I've see various lists over the years covering various ports labeled as "Southwest". Some list Tucson, Phoenix and other "inland" airports as SW ports, others do not. I imagine, ultimately, there is no one universal definition of what covers the SW region. I guess you could ask the hiring center how they define "SW" as it relates to hiring.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rder_crossings

That's probably as accurate as anything else out there.

Comment

• Border Patrol is opening an announcement on Oct 15

Comment

• Found it!

http://www.cbp.gov/document/faqs/dut...cers-are-hired

Comment

Take notice of the phrase...-

(to include but not limited to the following locations)

That pretty much tells the tale there.

...in other words, it's your typical agency Humpty-Dumpty approach to defining something.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  Take notice of the phrase...-

(to include but not limited to the following locations)

That pretty much tells the tale there.

...in other words, it's your typical agency Humpty-Dumpty approach to defining something.
                  Yeah I saw it. But gives me an idea and that is all I need it.

Comment

• Does anyone know if CBPOs get pay based on regular GS schedule or LEO GS pay?

Comment

• A friend of mine started two years ago in Nogales,AZ and he started at 45K plus maxxed out on OT of 35K and has maxxed out OT each year since starting.

Comment

• Which pay scale and what grade did he started? If you know

Comment

• Originally posted by Cabo-verde View Post
                          Does anyone know if CBPOs get pay based on regular GS schedule or LEO GS pay?
                          Standard GS pay scale.

Comment

• Wow... Law enforcement but not LE pay scale.... Thanks for the info thou

Comment

• Originally posted by Cabo-verde View Post
                              Wow... Law enforcement but not LE pay scale.... Thanks for the info thou
                              There are multiple federal LEO positions who are not covered under 12D/6C retirement or the GL pay scale. Go figure.

In the case of a CBPO, it reallly only matters at the GS-05 through the GS-09 pay scale. The GL pay scale only runs from the GL-03 through the GL-10 level. Every GL person converts to the GS pay scale if they promote to GS-11.

Comment

• Awesome ... You really know your stuff

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5932 users online. 310 members and 5622 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X