300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by action-packed View Post
    I did. the only option that was given to me was San Ysidro.
    Awesome thanks! That's what I was aiming for. Still have a few step to go still but that's what I want.

Comment

• Originally posted by sportzonepr View Post
      37 is the cut-off for most except Coast Guard and Navy Seals which is 27. I already passed everything. Im on the hunt for an MOS and sign. My app process with CBP have been super fast (Im a 14-1 app); but I seen others here have taken over a year wait, so that is why i am considering the military.
      Hmm they must have changed the age limit since I last checked a couple years ago. Good to know!
      Geo - Central East Coast
      CBPO Exam - 10/18/2013
      NOR - 10/24/2013
      TSL - 1/30/2014
      VBT #1 - 3/12/14 (out of country)
      PFT1/medical - 3/20/2014
      VBT/SI #2 - 5/15/2014 (eligible 5/22/2014)
      eQuip/fingerprints - 9/29/2014

Comment

• Since you guys are talking about SW. I know what covers the SW region. But what i dont know where exactly are those ports???

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          The average Border Patrol Agent makes meaningfully more in annual compensation than the average CBPO. A 108K year as CBPO is considerably above what average in OFO. Many, if not most, CBPOs have little chance of seeing a figure like that, especially as a lower-level GS-12 and below.

In your case, figuring that you're heading to JFK, it might be a realistic shot for you...once you reach a GS-12.
          On average yes a BP Agent probably brings down more than your average CBPO. However CBPOs are all over the country, interior as well as border. Most CBPOs at your major ports like JFK, DFW, LAX, IAH and your major land borders just to name a few are still bringing in major OT pushing the GS-12 level into the 100k+ range. Now who knows what will happen with the mass hiring that's going on but as of a month or two ago I know Dallas and Houston ports were at 30k+ in OT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
            On average yes a BP Agent probably brings down more than your average CBPO. However CBPOs are all over the country, interior as well as border. Most CBPOs at your major ports like JFK, DFW, LAX, IAH and your major land borders just to name a few are still bringing in major OT pushing the GS-12 level into the 100k+ range. Now who knows what will happen with the mass hiring that's going on but as of a month or two ago I know Dallas and Houston ports were at 30k+ in OT.

I'll more or less agree.

The thing is...80% of CBP ports aren't "major" ports, by pretty much any definition. 30K in OT is out of reach for almost all CBPOs.

The "average" CBPO makes 9.7K in OT and roughly 95K in total compensation...once all the $$$ is totaled up.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              I'll more or less agree.

The thing is...80% of CBP ports aren't "major" ports, by pretty much any definition. 30K in OT is out of reach for almost all CBPOs.

The "average" CBPO makes 9.7K in OT and roughly 95K in total compensation...once all the $$$ is totaled up.
              Most definitely agree with you there. I know there are not many major ports. But 90-95ish is about what your average BP guy brings in as well. I just had a really good year working a lot of nights at the NTC.

Comment

Well I did my PFT2 this morning. Cabo-Verde from these forums was there too. We both passed it. it was 6 of us and 5 of us passed. I ended up doing my best time ever during the real thing lol. Cabo was like a machine. he had the best time by far at a little over 11 mins. so that was the final step!!! glad this whole process is over!!!
                Congratulations to you both!!! my husband is in the process as well we are waiting for his BI to clear and I have a question about the PFT2 that maybe you can answer for me. When you guys did the 1.5 mile run. Did you have to run all the way or were you able to walk or speed walk. Because we are not sure if he has to run all the way.

Comment

• Can complete the 1.5 mile whichever way you choose and capable as longer it's within the 17.15 minutes

Comment

Well I did my PFT2 this morning. Cabo-Verde from these forums was there too. We both passed it. it was 6 of us and 5 of us passed. I ended up doing my best time ever during the real thing lol. Cabo was like a machine. he had the best time by far at a little over 11 mins. so that was the final step!!! glad this whole process is over!!!
                    What was the order of the test? Push ups first, 220 yard run last???

Comment

• Originally posted by Cabo-verde View Post
                      Can complete the 1.5 mile whichever way you choose and capable as longer it's within the 17.15 minutes
                      Thank you for the info.

Comment

• 12-1 Applicant here.

It has been a 2 1/2 year process for me.

I just took my drug test today and hoping for a phone call soon.

BI cleared and drug test was my final step.

Can't really remember all my dates because it has been such a long process for me, but I have completed everything in the Cass portal.

No EOD date or call yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by hxc_topher View Post
                          12-1 Applicant here.
                          It has been a 2 1/2 year process for me.
                          I just took my drug test today and hoping for a phone call soon.
                          BI cleared and drug test was my final step.
                          Can't really remember all my dates because it has been such a long process for me, but I have completed everything in the Cass portal.
                          No EOD date or call yet.
                          Congrats! I got the call Monday for JFK, wha'ts your geo? We might be at the same class in FLETC.

Comment

• Guaranteed the NW border as a GS-7

Comment

• Originally posted by hxc_topher View Post
                              Guaranteed the NW border as a GS-7
                              I would like to end up near Seattle. Probably never.

Comment

Just asking. The one who fail, in what he/she fail? 220 yards, push ups, sit ups or 1.5 mile?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6256 users online. 229 members and 6027 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X