300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
    I wonder if having a higher degree would help in this career at all...
    Not so much....at least not until you reach a much higher level like GS-14 and 15.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeUSCG View Post
      Ok!!! ������ I just broke down and called them. The lady I spoke with was very nice and courteous. Asked to ensure my application/package was actually forwarded, the she asked for my id, looked it up and ensured me they had it. We said a few more things and she ended with hopefully it won't be long cause we call everyday, all day. Everyone hang in there!! My CASS has been that way since October 1 Jade.
      Well I wouldn't think it would be too much longer. I just got the call a bit ago and accepted Dallas TX. Back to Glynco I go on the 24th of November.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdmgreg View Post
        I was always under the impression that the cut-off age to join the Air Force and Navy was 27. Could be wrong though...

I thought so as well but you know the military, there is a waiver for everything.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
          Well I wouldn't think it would be too much longer. I just got the call a bit ago and accepted Dallas TX. Back to Glynco I go on the 24th of November.
          I'll be at Glynco on the same day as well. Congrats

Comment

I'll be at Glynco on the same day as well. Congrats
            Thanks. Looks like we will be classmates. For anyone else that is going down in that timeframe feel free to hit me up. I have been to Glynco a few times.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdmgreg View Post
              I was always under the impression that the cut-off age to join the Air Force and Navy was 27. Could be wrong though...
              37 is the cut-off for most except Coast Guard and Navy Seals which is 27. I already passed everything. Im on the hunt for an MOS and sign. My app process with CBP have been super fast (Im a 14-1 app); but I seen others here have taken over a year wait, so that is why i am considering the military.

Comment

• Originally posted by sportzonepr View Post
                37 is the cut-off for most except Coast Guard and Navy Seals which is 27. I already passed everything. Im on the hunt for an MOS and sign. My app process with CBP have been super fast (Im a 14-1 app); but I seen others here have taken over a year wait, so that is why i am considering the military.
                Would you be going in as an Officer with your degree? That would be the only way it would be worth it. Otherwise I would stick it out.

Comment

Would you be going in as an Officer with your degree? That would be the only way it would be worth it. Otherwise I would stick it out.
                  Supposedly yes!! But you know that nothing is definitive until is in black and white so.

Comment

• Originally posted by sportzonepr View Post
                    Supposedly yes!! But you know that nothing is definitive until is in black and white so.
                    Yea I hear ya. Well if you end up going that route I would fight for Officer especially with your degree. I'd tell them in a professional manner to **** off if they even try with the enlisted stuff.

Comment

Yea I hear ya. Well if you end up going that route I would fight for Officer especially with your degree. I'd tell them in a professional manner to **** off if they even try with the enlisted stuff.
                      Yeah they already were like the highest you could enter is with E-3 and I was like f*** NO!!! Lets see what they come up with.

Comment

• Has anyone gotten "the call" for SW region??? If so, what where the options looking like?

Comment

• Well I did my PFT2 this morning. Cabo-Verde from these forums was there too. We both passed it. it was 6 of us and 5 of us passed. I ended up doing my best time ever during the real thing lol. Cabo was like a machine. he had the best time by far at a little over 11 mins. so that was the final step!!! glad this whole process is over!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexb6237 View Post
                            Has anyone gotten "the call" for SW region??? If so, what where the options looking like?
                            I did. the only option that was given to me was San Ysidro.

Comment

Hey, did you get your 108K the first year of working at cbpo? I am getting very excited, damn, I go to the moon to be a CBPO for that amount
                              The average Border Patrol Agent makes meaningfully more in annual compensation than the average CBPO. A 108K year as CBPO is considerably above what average in OFO. Many, if not most, CBPOs have little chance of seeing a figure like that, especially as a lower-level GS-12 and below.

In your case, figuring that you're heading to JFK, it might be a realistic shot for you...once you reach a GS-12.

Comment

I wonder if having a higher degree would help in this career at all...
                                It's probably an advantage if you are looking to promote into any level of management.

Depending on the degree and how it relates to the agency mission...it might help somewhat in some other, limited circumstances.

For the most part, a general degree in something more or less irrelevant to the needs of the agency is probably not an advantage.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6894 users online. 342 members and 6552 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X