Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
    Good morning, and it is a good Monday morning for me. I just got the CALL, woohoo. I was given only one option and I took it. JFK. I updated my timeline for EOD and Academy. I am going for a run

    Congrats!!! Im glad they seem to finally be processing 13-1 CEC applicants! Best case scenario would be Baltimore for me, but I am prepared for JFK. Patience...
    8-26-13 Written Test
    9-9-13 Notice of Results
    12-18-13 Tentative Offer
    1-2-14 Physical Fitness 1
    1-13-14 Qualified for GS 7
    2-14-14 Pre Employment forms submitted
    3-12-14 VBT/SI
    3-28-14 EQIP Released
    4-30-14 Polygraph passed
    6-11-14 Background Began
    8-27-14 Received NOPA
    10-29-14 Background Complete
    10-30-14 Drug Test
    11-3-14 THE CALL- Accepted JFK
    11-25-14 PFT2 Passed
    12-1-14 EOD/Pre Academy

    CBP FLETC Class 368
    1/9/15-5/15/15

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jdmgreg View Post
      Just the fact that it took 6 months to do a medical review and then having to get my doctor to tell them I am indeed capable of performing as a cbpo. Now I'm just sitting here waiting for them to realize I sent the eqip and prints around 2 weeks ago. Just little things as I grow frustrated at my current job haha
      I know. I am not getting impatient waiting on my pft2 email. I don't know why we will have to wait in every step, then ask us to be at our duty stations right away.

      Originally posted by Aguadillano View Post
      Me too. After they cancel my Poly for November, I didn't hear anything from them. I hope this waiting time don't last another year. This October 29 I will celebrate my first year in the process. Hope to get news this week and to you too CbpBoricua.
      That sucks, you go through all the mental preparation for the damn poly then they tell you to hold off!!! I sure hope they get back to you on that very soon.

      Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
      My best year in the military was around 24k. My best year with CBP was about 108k if that tells you anything.
      Hey, did you get your 108K the first year of working at cbpo? I am getting very excited, damn, I go to the moon to be a CBPO for that amount

      Originally posted by Mr. Lawyer View Post
      Congrats!!! Im glad they seem to finally be processing 13-1 CEC applicants! Best case scenario would be Baltimore for me, but I am prepared for JFK. Patience...
      Thanks, I have not slept since coz the reality is hitting me now that I have to move across country to a place not knowing anybody in. They only offered JFK, so be prepared to get to the big apple too, I'll be there in 20 days

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jade78 View Post

        Hey, did you get your 108K the first year of working at cbpo? I am getting very excited, damn, I go to the moon to be a CBPO for that amount
        No, sorry that's probably not gonna happen in your first year. Also I am a BP Agent so our overtime is different. In JFK the overtime will be much better from what I hear. I'd say your 3rd maybe 4th year you will be making close to that amount if not a bit more.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by sportzonepr View Post
          My poly is in two weeks.
          Ok good deal. Well like I said, I would most definitely hold out. I could sit here for an hour and break down numbers for you to show you how much better off you would be with CBP but I don't really have that kind of time lol. I am not gonna sit here and say that CBP is the greatest agency and I am not going to say that I didn't have a blast in the military. But what I can tell you, something that most probably wouldn't admit too is, we're all mostly here for the money. And money wise CBP is the better route.

          How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
            No, sorry that's probably not gonna happen in your first year. Also I am a BP Agent so our overtime is different. In JFK the overtime will be much better from what I hear. I'd say your 3rd maybe 4th year you will be making close to that amount if not a bit more.
            Thanks. Anything will be good for a grad student who is paying student loans. I am almost there.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
              Thanks. Anything will be good for a grad student who is paying student loans. I am almost there.
              Yea, the hard part about JFK is finding a place to stay that's not so expensive. You'll be fine, after the first year you will be making good OT money and time will fly.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
                Yea, the hard part about JFK is finding a place to stay that's not so expensive. You'll be fine, after the first year you will be making good OT money and time will fly.
                I wonder if having a higher degree would help in this career at all...

                Comment


                • Jade, sure hope you get your email for your pft2 soon!! I know I can't set my phone DOWN in anticipation of getting the call!! All I want to do is call and ask if my name has really been forwarded to them and how long am I looking at!! All my CASS says is you have been referred to the scheduling unit...have not received any calls or emails
                  Last edited by MikeUSCG; 10-08-2014, 12:45 PM.
                  Announcement 13-1
                  GEO Applied for- East Texas
                  Tested- 09/25/13
                  NOR- 10/28/13 (98 With VP)
                  TSL- 12/18/13
                  TSL2- 12/28/13
                  Medical and PFT1- 1/09/14
                  SI/VBT- 2/24/14
                  Drug Test- 4/1/14
                  Poly- 5/7/14
                  Finished with BI- 5/28/14
                  Contacted about Active duty obligation- 7/30/14
                  application placed on hold due to active military obligation- 7/31/14
                  application changed to show active- 10/01/14
                  CASS shows: "you have been referred to the scheduling unit"- 10/01/14
                  Hoping to get Dallas

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MikeUSCG View Post
                    Jade, sure hope you get your email for your pft2 soon!! I know I can't set my phone DOWN in anticipation of getting the call!! All I want to do is call and ask if my name has really been forwarded to them and how long am I looking at!! All my CASS says is you have been referred to the scheduling unit...have not received any calls or emails
                    Mike, since when your CASS says that? I know how tough it is to take your phone everywhere you go and have it by your bedside at night in case they call you early morning like they did with me. Thanks, There's only one CBP office in my state and they dont' have much to do with the whole hiring processing thing, maybe that's what keeping them not calling me yet. I'll wait till Friday then email them and let them know I have not gotten the date yet.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
                      Ok good deal. Well like I said, I would most definitely hold out. I could sit here for an hour and break down numbers for you to show you how much better off you would be with CBP but I don't really have that kind of time lol. I am not gonna sit here and say that CBP is the greatest agency and I am not going to say that I didn't have a blast in the military. But what I can tell you, something that most probably wouldn't admit too is, we're all mostly here for the money. And money wise CBP is the better route.

                      How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
                      30

                      Comment


                      • Ok!!! ������ I just broke down and called them. The lady I spoke with was very nice and courteous. Asked to ensure my application/package was actually forwarded, she asked for my id, looked it up and ensured me they had it. We said a few more things and she ended with hopefully it won't be long cause we call everyday, all day. Everyone hang in there!! My CASS has been that way since October 1 Jade.
                        Announcement 13-1
                        GEO Applied for- East Texas
                        Tested- 09/25/13
                        NOR- 10/28/13 (98 With VP)
                        TSL- 12/18/13
                        TSL2- 12/28/13
                        Medical and PFT1- 1/09/14
                        SI/VBT- 2/24/14
                        Drug Test- 4/1/14
                        Poly- 5/7/14
                        Finished with BI- 5/28/14
                        Contacted about Active duty obligation- 7/30/14
                        application placed on hold due to active military obligation- 7/31/14
                        application changed to show active- 10/01/14
                        CASS shows: "you have been referred to the scheduling unit"- 10/01/14
                        Hoping to get Dallas

                        Comment


                        • Mike, good that you called, I hope you get the call no latest than next week. Keep us posted, October 1 was not that long ago so you should hear something soon, especially that you talked to a real human and not an automated voice machine.

                          Comment


                          • I just had a call on my land line ,almost missed it, to schedule my polygraph for the 23rd of October in Houston. I was surprised because i didn't expect it anytime soon (i have waited so long that i am no more in a hurry). I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel for the rest of my 13-1 crew. i was especially excited for people like jade78 and josh when the finally got some good new.
                            After my selective service determination was concluded on 3rd September ,after waiting on that for 11 weeks, I had to re-submit my eqip on 9th September because my signature forms had expired. with the help of my Case manager, my BI was sent to security office on the 10th. Honestly, resubmitting my eqip gave me the opportunity to rectify few mistakes and omissions i did in the first one. Now i go in with clean conscience, nothing to hide knowingly, and hope i don't get nervous or intimidated by the machine or the poly administrator. lol
                            wish me luck and feel free to share any ideas.
                            thanks

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by sportzonepr View Post
                              30
                              I was always under the impression that the cut-off age to join the Air Force and Navy was 27. Could be wrong though...
                              Geo - Central East Coast
                              CBPO Exam - 10/18/2013
                              NOR - 10/24/2013
                              TSL - 1/30/2014
                              VBT #1 - 3/12/14 (out of country)
                              PFT1/medical - 3/20/2014
                              VBT/SI #2 - 5/15/2014 (eligible 5/22/2014)
                              eQuip/fingerprints - 9/29/2014

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by wllyblack View Post
                                I just had a call on my land line ,almost missed it, to schedule my polygraph for the 23rd of October in Houston. I was surprised because i didn't expect it anytime soon (i have waited so long that i am no more in a hurry). I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel for the rest of my 13-1 crew. i was especially excited for people like jade78 and josh when the finally got some good new. thanks
                                Thanks. Good luck on your good news too and best of luck on the poly.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8012 users online. 201 members and 7811 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X