300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by newyorkyankee517 View Post
    Congrats to everybody getting the call and moving on to FLETC. I wish I was moving on to that point and probably would of been if it wasn't for the polygraph, which they "failed" me. Got a official email a couple weeks ago saying I'm no longer considered. Unfortunate since I've been a good person my whole life. My nerves probably got the best of me during the test, which they probably thought "was activity".
    see, this is what i hate about the polygraph. it's extremely flawed. my best friend who i've known since i was 16 (I'm turning 32 this month) is EXTREMELY squeaky clean. he's never succumbed to peer pressure, never touched drugs, never even smoked so much as a cigarette, and never been in trouble with the law. yet he failed his polygraph. examiner said he wasn't being truthful about drugs. he couldn't believe it. the guy wouldn't even let him come back and try to take it for a second time. he now has to wait 2 more years before he can apply for CBP again and it's a shame. i am STRONGLY against the polygraph because while I know they are trying to weed out potential corrupt agents, they are actually eliminating quite a few good applicants. i have another ex coworker who's been in CBP for about a year now. I remember he admitted to me he lied through his teeth about everything things he's done in the past and he passed with flying colors. yet guys like my best friend failed. it seems to do more harm than good. my gf is going through the application process. she's 24 and she is also squeaky clean and has a clean background as well (her dad is a CBPO for 10+ years) and she's very nervous about the polygraph portion. sorry for the rant guys, but i am just completely against the polygraph and they should eliminate it altogether because imo it really does more harm than good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
      What delays?
      Just the fact that it took 6 months to do a medical review and then having to get my doctor to tell them I am indeed capable of performing as a cbpo. Now I'm just sitting here waiting for them to realize I sent the eqip and prints around 2 weeks ago.

Just little things as I grow frustrated at my current job haha
      Geo - Central East Coast
      CBPO Exam - 10/18/2013
      NOR - 10/24/2013
      TSL - 1/30/2014
      VBT #1 - 3/12/14 (out of country)
      PFT1/medical - 3/20/2014
      VBT/SI #2 - 5/15/2014 (eligible 5/22/2014)
      eQuip/fingerprints - 9/29/2014

Comment

• Physical has a green check and I got an email saying they started my BI. Looking good.

Comment

• Any 13-1 applicant here still waiting for the background to clear up?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeUSCG View Post
            Thank you for clarification. As far as the mandatory PT after graduation...I feel that everyone is intitled to their own opinion, however, not having the money or the equipment is a crap reason not to make it manditory for an annual PT test. Whether you do things on your own to stay in shape or you are just a natural, everyone should be held to the same standards as the day they entered into the position they were hired. Just my $.02
            Respectfully, I'd say that the practical issues involved with creating a workable and enforceable annual PT standard that fairly addresses the needs of over 21K CBPOs at 330ish ports and hundreds of different facilities, offices and crossings would lead to problems far larger than any negative fitness issues the agency currently has.

Truthfully, I'd say that idea that the agency needs some sort of mandatory fitness requirement post-academy is, in reality, largely a canard. The vast majority of CBPOs are more than fit enough to at least adequately do the job. The vast majority of CBPOs would likely easily past any reasonable annual fitness standard thrown at them.

We're not oil rig workers, rodeo clowns, NHL hockey players or any other occupation where, typically, one needs a high level of fitness to thrive within the work environment. We're much more like teachers, librarians and researchers.

The reality is that CBPOs would fair far better in advancing work worthiness by visiting the library over visiting the gym.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris86 View Post
              Any 13-1 applicant here still waiting for the background to clear up?
              Yep, still waiting on polygraph schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by CbpBoricua View Post
                Oh ok, yeah I did my poly and they investigated me already just waiting for it to clear up, it's been little over a month now

Comment

• Originally posted by Nodbugger View Post
                  Physical has a green check and I got an email saying they started my BI. Looking good.
                  When did you submit your eqip?
                  Geo - Central East Coast
                  CBPO Exam - 10/18/2013
                  NOR - 10/24/2013
                  TSL - 1/30/2014
                  VBT #1 - 3/12/14 (out of country)
                  PFT1/medical - 3/20/2014
                  VBT/SI #2 - 5/15/2014 (eligible 5/22/2014)
                  eQuip/fingerprints - 9/29/2014

Comment

• Wow, this thread is huge. I applied for the Southwest Border region w/10 pt Vet preference. On the announce it indicates most vacancies will be in the SWB region--does that mean the hiring process will be faster? I hope so.

Comment

• Originally posted by CbpBoricua View Post
                      Me too. After they cancel my Poly for November, I didn't hear anything from them. I hope this waiting time don't last another year. This October 29 I will celebrate my first year in the process. Hope to get news this week and to you too CbpBoricua.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris86 View Post
                        Any 13-1 applicant here still waiting for the background to clear up?
                        Still waiting!
                        Geo Central East Coast
                        CBPO Exam 9/20/2013
                        NOR 10/24/13
                        TSL 12/18/13
                        Medical/PFT1 1/27/14
                        VBT/SI 5/8/14
                        eQIP received 9/19/14
                        eQIP submitted 9/24/14
                        Fingerprints submitted 9/25/14
                        Case in security office 10/17/14

Comment

• Guys question. If you were to choose between waiting this whole process at home or going to airforce which you will choose? I need advice!

Comment

• Originally posted by sportzonepr View Post
                            Guys question. If you were to choose between waiting this whole process at home or going to airforce which you will choose? I need advice!
                            How far along in the process are you? I would personally hold out. I am an Air Force Vet and can tell you straight up that you will not make much money at all. Benefits are great, yes, but low pay. You can join the military at any time. Hold out and see what happens with this process. The money is 10 times better at a minimum. My best year in the military was around 24k. My best year with CBP was about 108k if that tells you anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
                              How far along in the process are you? I would personally hold out. I am an Air Force Vet and can tell you straight up that you will not make much money at all. Benefits are great, yes, but low pay. You can join the military at any time. Hold out and see what happens with this process. The money is 10 times better at a minimum. My best year in the military was around 24k. My best year with CBP was about 108k if that tells you anything.
                              My poly is in two weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by isnabero View Post
                                Still waiting!
                                Still Waiting!
                                8-26-13 Written Test
                                9-9-13 Notice of Results
                                12-18-13 Tentative Offer
                                1-2-14 Physical Fitness 1
                                1-13-14 Qualified for GS 7
                                2-14-14 Pre Employment forms submitted
                                3-12-14 VBT/SI
                                3-28-14 EQIP Released
                                4-30-14 Polygraph passed
                                6-11-14 Background Began
                                8-27-14 Received NOPA
                                10-29-14 Background Complete
                                10-30-14 Drug Test
                                11-3-14 THE CALL- Accepted JFK
                                11-25-14 PFT2 Passed
                                12-1-14 EOD/Pre Academy

CBP FLETC Class 368
                                1/9/15-5/15/15

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7527 users online. 389 members and 7138 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X