300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
    Hopefully I get a chance to see both of you. I speak 4 languages, Spanish is not one of them. I don't think I should be worried
    Jade, when do you go for your PFT2?
    Geo Central East Coast
    CBPO Exam 9/20/2013
    NOR 10/24/13
    TSL 12/18/13
    Medical/PFT1 1/27/14
    VBT/SI 5/8/14
    eQIP received 9/19/14
    eQIP submitted 9/24/14
    Fingerprints submitted 9/25/14
    Case in security office 10/17/14

Comment

After trying Asics, I am def not a fan of them. After running in them in couple months you feel the support is gone and youre liking running on rocks.
      You had me look at shoes, not a good idea for women

I disagree! ( I'm a female too).. and I hate shopping. For shoes or anything else!

Try those. Seriously. You'll feel like you're running on air!

I got some sort of pft2 email today... basically saying stay in shape, ect. No dates, just a random email from mhc.

Yes I did today. I think you guys will be out by the time I get to the academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeUSCG View Post
        What was your time?! Congrats and good job
        I did it in 14:42. nothing earth shattering but definitely a few minutes ahead of the allotted time.

Comment

• Originally posted by isnabero View Post
          Jade, when do you go for your PFT2?
          I do not know yet. I am waiting on the pft2 email. I think I will be the only one doing the pft2 in my state, thus the Border office is trying to fit me in...

Originally posted by action-packed View Post
          I did it in 14:42. nothing earth shattering but definitely a few minutes ahead of the allotted time.
          You got this.. You are going to pass with flying colors tomorrow. Keep us posted.

Comment

• My CASS is not showing anything of the process now (luckily I took a picture of it couple days ago), it only shows the date of my EOD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattle View Post
              Just curious. Why don't they have a once a year PEB for officers? If you never run after the academy I can see officers just getting completely out of shape.
              Currently at the academy we don't run much at all. A lot of our workouts are on our own time. Our second PEB is in two weeks so if a few of us fail I'm sure they will be running us a little more.

And Jade you got the call?????
              FWIW, few federal law enforcement positions require anything for post-academy fitness standards.

As far as CBP goes, there is a Physical Fitness Program(PFP) available to some. It's voluntary, only in select locations and is not authorized for many CBPOs under many different circumstances.

One reason there will likely be no required post-academy fitness program anytime soon...cost. Most ports neither have the staffing nor the infrastructure needed to mandate people train on company time and on company equipment.

Comment

Is everyone required to take spanish or for just some ports?
                Puerto Rico, Miami and southwest border ports only.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  Puerto Rico, Miami and southwest border ports only.
                  Thank you for clarification. As far as the mandatory PT after graduation...I feel that everyone is intitled to their own opinion, however, not having the money or the equipment is a crap reason not to make it manditory for an annual PT test. Whether you do things on your own to stay in shape or you are just a natural, everyone should be held to the same standards as the day they entered into the position they were hired. Just my $.02
                  Announcement 13-1
                  GEO Applied for- East Texas
                  Tested- 09/25/13
                  NOR- 10/28/13 (98 With VP)
                  TSL- 12/18/13
                  TSL2- 12/28/13
                  Medical and PFT1- 1/09/14
                  SI/VBT- 2/24/14
                  Drug Test- 4/1/14
                  Poly- 5/7/14
                  Finished with BI- 5/28/14
                  Contacted about Active duty obligation- 7/30/14
                  application placed on hold due to active military obligation- 7/31/14
                  application changed to show active- 10/01/14
                  CASS shows: "you have been referred to the scheduling unit"- 10/01/14
                  Hoping to get Dallas

Comment

• The further you get in this process, the more impatient you become. They're playing with my emotions here with these little delays.

I want instant gratification!
                    Geo - Central East Coast
                    CBPO Exam - 10/18/2013
                    NOR - 10/24/2013
                    TSL - 1/30/2014
                    VBT #1 - 3/12/14 (out of country)
                    PFT1/medical - 3/20/2014
                    VBT/SI #2 - 5/15/2014 (eligible 5/22/2014)
                    eQuip/fingerprints - 9/29/2014

Comment

Thank you for clarification. As far as the mandatory PT after graduation...I feel that everyone is intitled to their own opinion, however, not having the money or the equipment is a crap reason not to make it manditory for an annual PT test. Whether you do things on your own to stay in shape or you are just a natural, everyone should be held to the same standards as the day they entered into the position they were hired. Just my $.02
                      I totally agree. I plan on working out and running even after finishing the academy, it is my obligation to my health first and foremost. Running and doing pushups and situps do not require any machinery at all. So yes, it's a bad excuse, we will be require to do poly every 5 years, then we should be required to do pt annually as well.

Originally posted by Jdmgreg View Post
                      The further you get in this process, the more impatient you become. They're playing with my emotions here with these little delays.
                      What delays?

Comment

• Originally posted by action-packed View Post
                        Well i did my final practice run yesterday for the 1.5 mile tomorrow. And its the first time i was able to run it non stop without any slow downs. Im proud of myself!
                        Suggestion for those are taking the pft2 soon. If you have a friend that can test you, that will be great. Give you at least 1 to 2 min rest. That should give you an idea how you really are doing. I did it and let me tell you was really hard to do all test one after the other. But i did it. I did 45 sec 220yrd, 17 push-up in 17 sec, 25 sit ups in 40 secs and 1.5 in 15:04 min.
                        Last edited by sportzonepr; 10-07-2014, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Not mentioned above are the union issues with a mandatory PT requirement program which is unfortunate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdmgreg View Post
                            The further you get in this process, the more impatient you become. They're playing with my emotions here with these little delays.

tell me about it!
                            Geo Central East Coast
                            CBPO Exam 9/20/2013
                            NOR 10/24/13
                            TSL 12/18/13
                            Medical/PFT1 1/27/14
                            VBT/SI 5/8/14
                            eQIP received 9/19/14
                            eQIP submitted 9/24/14
                            Fingerprints submitted 9/25/14
                            Case in security office 10/17/14

Comment

• Congrats to everybody getting the call and moving on to FLETC. I wish I was moving on to that point and probably would of been if it wasn't for the polygraph, which they "failed" me. Got a official email a couple weeks ago saying I'm no longer considered. Unfortunate since I've been a good person my whole life. My nerves probably got the best of me during the test, which they probably thought "was activity".

Comment

You got this.. You are going to pass with flying colors tomorrow. Keep us posted.
                                thanks. i'll keep you posted. i'm so nervous!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6330 users online. 211 members and 6119 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X