Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will be leaving from JFK to FLETC on the 7th...Li guess I was right when I said you would be going to JFK

Comment

• Originally posted by Cabo-verde View Post
      I will be leaving from JFK to FLETC on the 7th...Li guess I was right when I said you would be going to JFK
      Yes you were. Send me a pm when you get a chance plz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
        You guys, what do you suggest for good running shoes, I think I am due for new ones today. What's a good and durable brand. The ones I have now are Asics and they last only 5 months before I put a hole in them
        CONGRATS! Bummer you didn't get Dulles, but I'm sure down the road you can make the swap over.

As far as shoes go, the best advice is to go to a running store.

Personally, I like low heel drop running shoes.

In my rotation between marathons and general running are the following.
        -Nike Flyknit Free
        -Brooks Pure Flow 2
        -Saucony Kirvana 3

Everyone has different feet, different running styles, and different strides. Best to find what works.
        As with anything, you get what you pay for.

Comment

• Unless you enjoy running, chances are you will never have to run again once you graduate basic training at FLETC. There is the odd exception to that rule, but for the most part that rule holds true.

You might want to consider that when selecting running shoes.

Comment

• Personally, I hate asics. I spent $160 on their "top of the line" running shoe and can't run in them.
            I broke my ankle a while back (talus, fell off my horse) and if you asked my ortho if I'd ever run again, he would of laughed.

The shoes I fell in love with were the Nike Vermeros. I have the "8" now... but there will be a new model made this year. They feel like you're running on a trampoline. Such great shock absorbers and they're light!! Not crazy about the color schemes but cest la' vie...

I've bought probably 6 pairs. They're not cheap, think they average around $140. But I'll buy 50 pairs if they ever decide to discontinue them! If I'm feeling frogging and have been running regularly, 5 miles isn't out of the question in those. Find a store you can try them on at, bet you'll leave in them!

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              Unless you enjoy running, chances are you will never have to run again once you graduate basic training at FLETC. There is the odd exception to that rule, but for the most part that rule holds true.

You might want to consider that when selecting running shoes.
              Just curious. Why don't they have a once a year PEB for officers? If you never run after the academy I can see officers just getting completely out of shape.
              Currently at the academy we don't run much at all. A lot of our workouts are on our own time. Our second PEB is in two weeks so if a few of us fail I'm sure they will be running us a little more.

And Jade you got the call?????
              Geo: SWB
              CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
              NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
              TSL - 01/31/14
              Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
              VBT/SI - 02/28/14
              BI - 03/15/14
              Poly - 04/30/14
              BI Cleared - 06/24/14
              Drug Test - 06/26/14
              The Call - 06/26/14
              PFT 2 - 07/11/14
              EOD - 07/14/14
              Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• There's a pretty awesome shoe store about an hour away in Jacksonville, Florida, called 1st place sports.
                They have a pretty decent selection and they will fit you for a pair of shoes. If you're more budget minded and wont run after academy, Dicks Sporting goods in town works just fine too. It's next to the target.

Someone else asked regarding how much time they give you, so you can move and what not. If you have a family, or a large amount of stuff... I would wait until after academy.

There's so many moving parts in which someone can fail out and it may throw a fairly large monkey wrench into things.
                You can fail the PFT2, and they send you home.
                You can mess up pre academy by being stupid, and get sent home.
                You can get injured/fail at academy and get sent home. Hopefully get recycled, but there are no guarantees.

As for having a PEB annually... That would be a great idea, I'm sure there's a good chunk that wouldn't make it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper_Pup View Post
                  The shoes I fell in love with were the Nike Vermeros. I have the "8" now... but there will be a new model made this year. They feel like you're running on a trampoline. Such great shock absorbers and they're light!! Not crazy about the color schemes but cest la' vie...
                  I've bought probably 6 pairs. They're not cheap, think they average around $140. But I'll buy 50 pairs if they ever decide to discontinue them! If I'm feeling frogging and have been running regularly, 5 miles isn't out of the question in those. Find a store you can try them on at, bet you'll leave in them!
                  After trying Asics, I am def not a fan of them. After running in them in couple months you feel the support is gone and youre liking running on rocks.
                  You had me look at shoes, not a good idea for women

Originally posted by Kattle View Post
                  And Jade you got the call?????
                  Yes I did today. I think you guys will be out by the time I get to the academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                    After trying Asics, I am def not a fan of them. After running in them in couple months you feel the support is gone and youre liking running on rocks.
                    You had me look at shoes, not a good idea for women

Yes I did today. I think you guys will be out by the time I get to the academy.
                    I graduate December 23. Future graduates December 31. However, I failed Spanish so I will be here until February 11
                    Geo: SWB
                    CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                    NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                    TSL - 01/31/14
                    Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                    VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                    BI - 03/15/14
                    Poly - 04/30/14
                    BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                    Drug Test - 06/26/14
                    The Call - 06/26/14
                    PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                    EOD - 07/14/14
                    Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattle View Post
                      I graduate December 23. Future graduates December 31. However, I failed Spanish so I will be here until February 11
                      Hopefully I get a chance to see both of you. I speak 4 languages, Spanish is not one of them. I don't think I should be worried

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattle View Post
                        Is everyone required to take spanish or for just some ports?
                        Announcement 13-1
                        GEO Applied for- East Texas
                        Tested- 09/25/13
                        NOR- 10/28/13 (98 With VP)
                        TSL- 12/18/13
                        TSL2- 12/28/13
                        Medical and PFT1- 1/09/14
                        SI/VBT- 2/24/14
                        Drug Test- 4/1/14
                        Poly- 5/7/14
                        Finished with BI- 5/28/14
                        Contacted about Active duty obligation- 7/30/14
                        application placed on hold due to active military obligation- 7/31/14
                        application changed to show active- 10/01/14
                        CASS shows: "you have been referred to the scheduling unit"- 10/01/14
                        Hoping to get Dallas

Comment

• Well i did my final practice run yesterday for the 1.5 mile tomorrow. And its the first time i was able to run it non stop without any slow downs. Im proud of myself!

Comment

• What was your time?! Congrats and good job
                            Announcement 13-1
                            Tested- 09/25/13
                            TSL- 12/18/13
                            TSL2- 12/28/13
                            SI/VBT- 2/24/14
                            Drug Test- 4/1/14
                            Poly- 5/7/14
                            Hoping to get Dallas

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeUSCG View Post
                              Is everyone required to take spanish or for just some ports?
                              Pretty sure it's just Southwestern Ports. And even if you do end up having to take it I wouldn't worry much about it. It's a pretty easy course. I think what Kattle is referring to is he failed the test to skip out on having to stick around for the Spanish immersion course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
                                Pretty sure it's just Southwestern Ports. And even if you do end up having to take it I wouldn't worry much about it. It's a pretty easy course. I think what Kattle is referring to is he failed the test to skip out on having to stick around for the Spanish immersion course.
                                Oh. Gotcha. I have to get the call first b4 I worry about anything!!
                                Announcement 13-1
                                Tested- 09/25/13
                                TSL- 12/18/13
                                TSL2- 12/28/13
                                SI/VBT- 2/24/14
                                Drug Test- 4/1/14
                                Poly- 5/7/14
                                Hoping to get Dallas

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8625 users online. 445 members and 8180 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X