300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phillystactical View Post
    WTF Am I hearing here. Are these future CBPO/BP nugs.....you gotta be kidding me. Unless you were physically there and know all the facts (not the media facts) you cannot say s%$. Would of, should of……..but let me know what would you do in that situation, maybe nothing because you probably NEVER been in that situation.

As long as the Agent was in imminent danger of seriously bodily harm and she had had the three factors (I and madchicken know), she is squared away. Also, don’t expect too much for the agency because they are going to cover their behinds (G pockets are deep).
    Ever think that while the purp was running, he was aiming the gun at the agent. I’ve seen it, because it happened to me and not just in one occasion. Been there and done that.
    Thank God for FLEOA and Liability Ins.

SAP123 & DEPEZHE save yourself and time because you are worthless…….Also, please reconsider applying somewhere esle. You two are not LE material.

MADCHICKEN…….these are two examples of what is now showing up at the stations………SAD AND PATHETIC……In my old LE Agency, these two would be working the beat in SW & NW Philly. Savages would have a feast with these two rookies.
    Your sarcasm detector is broken. Did you read my post carefully?
    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• § 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is
      justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or
      tangible, movable property:
      (1) if he would be justified in using force against the
      other under Section 9.41; and
      (2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the
      deadly force is immediately necessary:
      (A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of
      arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the
      nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime;
      or
      (B) to prevent the other who is fleeing
      immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated
      robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the
      property; and
      (3) he reasonably believes that:
      (A) the land or property cannot be protected or
      recovered by any other means; or
      (B) the use of force other than deadly force to
      protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or
      another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, § 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974.
      Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, § 1.01, eff. Sept. 1,

As a Texan, this is the one that makes me proud though ( sarcasm, just to be clear ). This means some kid toilet papering your house at night can be shot under the law.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
        You are not cut for LE....continue reading more books.

Need common sense to be in LE. College or university cannot teach that!
        There are two freedoms, the false is where one is free to do what he likes, and true where one is free to do what he ought. -Charles Kingsley.

HONOR FIRST!

Comment

• I'll take that as a no. Let me explain.

Originally posted by sap123 View Post
          See, I would have just handed over my wallet and said "take it and don't hurt me." It's not worth trying to get out of a situation if I'm dead to rights by some punk who just wants whats in my wallet.

And while I'm playing "Armchair CBPO," I'll go for the bonus and say that if he took the purse, fled AND THEN she drew down and open fire, that's even worse.
          This is the part where I was hinting at what I was doing. I knew I was making judgement calls with no basis of making them. This was me being sarcastic.

I qualified this by saying this:

Originally posted by sap123 View Post
          Looks like you missed my post about me playing Armchair CBPO, the game where I sit on my computer, make judgement calls based on little or no facts and then act like I'm correct! WINNER EVERY TIME!
          Pretty much admitting how I was making fun of myself in a sense by acting like a lot of people do who aren't qualified to make such judgement calls. I see this all of the time, and I think it's silly. I was hoping to bring this across by telling people the exact kind of behavior I was mimicking.

I'm sorry you didn't see it this way. You and I are on the same page. You just didn't know it.
          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

Need common sense to be in LE.
            Common sense...CBP/OFO? Katy, bar the door!, you'd have to kick nearly everyone out.
            On the other hand, all the K9's would become senior and promote up into management, having the dogs running the show would be an improvement.

Comment

WTF Am I hearing here. Are these future CBPO/BP nugs.....you gotta be kidding me. Unless you were physically there and know all the facts (not the media facts) you cannot say s%$. Would of, should of……..but let me know what would you do in that situation, maybe nothing because you probably NEVER been in that situation.

As long as the Agent was in imminent danger of seriously bodily harm and she had had the three factors (I and madchicken know), she is squared away. Also, don’t expect too much for the agency because they are going to cover their behinds (G pockets are deep).
              Ever think that while the purp was running, he was aiming the gun at the agent. I’ve seen it, because it happened to me and not just in one occasion. Been there and done that.
              Thank God for FLEOA and Liability Ins.

SAP123 & DEPEZHE save yourself and time because you are worthless…….Also, please reconsider applying somewhere esle. You two are not LE material.

MADCHICKEN…….these are two examples of what is now showing up at the stations………SAD AND PATHETIC……In my old LE Agency, these two would be working the beat in SW & NW Philly. Savages would have a feast with these two rookies.

Im sorry, were you there? Did you see what happened? Or are you just another person assuming? I guess on the other side one could say "did you ever think that it was just a snatch and run and the officer shot the thief in the back as he ran away in his underwear clearly unarmed?" enough of your made up bullsh*t to justify your means.

Your "ive seen it once ive seen it all" attitude is counterproductive and dangerous. Dont compare your experiences to one you know little to nothing about. People are giving their opinions and they are as valid as yours. And I am so glad that individual cases are looked at in detail and are treated accordingly, because people like yourself need to constantly be in check to prevent abuse of the law. Take your trolling elsewhere please.

Comment

• I guess all the non-LEO's are telling those with experience how it is...

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  Common sense...CBP/OFO? Katy, bar the door!, you'd have to kick nearly everyone out.
                  On the other hand, all the K9's would become senior and promote up into management, having the dogs running the show would be an improvement.

Mine would be the Commissioner because he's smart!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                    second that!
                    TESTED: 3/21 EL CENTRO,CA
                    NOR: 4/21 - 92 (N/V) GS7
                    QUALIFICATIONS: COMPLETED (8/15)
                    GEO PREFERENCE: ANDRADE AZ/ CALEXICO CA
                    PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS:COMPLETED (5/29)
                    MEDICAL: COMPLETED(7/17)
                    FITNESS: COMPLETED(7/24)
                    VBT: (CALEXICO, CA) COMPLETED (7/22)
                    DRUG TEST: COMPLETED (7/25)
                    BI: CASE IS IN THE SECURITY OFFICE (met with the investigator (9/15) case sent to adjudicator(10/7)

Comment

• Colinm112, you can keep yourself in check.....How smart are you that the conversation went from purse snatching to abusing authority. Another note; be f%$$^ realististc......
                      Dangerous is having someone like you. Ahh, don’t worry; you’ll retire and still won’t even come close to danger.

Colinm112, dream the walk and keep your container in check. Be thankful you just got coverage. I won’t neglect you anymore.

Mine would be the Commissioner because he's smart!!!!!!

Smart as Colinm112
                      Last edited by phillystactical; 10-12-2008, 12:23 AM.
                      There are two freedoms, the false is where one is free to do what he likes, and true where one is free to do what he ought. -Charles Kingsley.

HONOR FIRST!

Comment

• I'm not sure how anyone looks at this and sees abuse of authority. At least not with what we've been given.

Comment

• I asked myself the same question? Must be one of of those dogs that became senior and promoted to management Merlin.....
                          That was a good (dog) comment. Hehe!

HONOR FIRST!

Comment

• Let the FLETC legal division square these folks away. The supreme court has ruled on the use of force that FED-LEOS can use but each department limits the scope of enforcement and use of force.
                            Better to die than live a coward.

"An unarmed man is a subject, an armed man is a citizen" Thomas Paine

Comment

• Innocent until proven guilty is a sham. It gives crooks and thugs the upper hand. The law should be based on street justice. You say **** you to me, I get to smack you once. You disrespect me in front of my wife and family, I get to smack you once. You push me, I get to smack you once. You fight me, I get to fight you back. You use a weapon on me, I get to use my gun. You try to rob me, assault me, burglarize my house, I get to shoot you. You try to rape my wife, daughter, I get to shoot your. None of this mutual combat **** that prevents you from defending yourself! With the mutual combat law, if someone comes up to you and smacks you, you can't fight back, you're supposed run away or let the thug beat you to death. Well sometimes you're in a situation where you can't run away such as in an alley. The laws here are made by pussies who meant well, but in reality it's totally backwards. Victims deserve to die and criminals deserve to live!

Comment

• ...ok Terrific
                                Better to die than live a coward.

"An unarmed man is a subject, an armed man is a citizen" Thomas Paine

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5237 users online. 382 members and 4855 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X