Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You gain the following grades every year on your EOD.
    5/7/9/11/12
    Once at 12, you get step increases annually.

Other agencies may do it differently. CBP is very straightforward.

Comment

• BP will bring you in as a 9 if you have prior arrest authority but I don't think thats the case with CBP. 7 will be the best you get but I wouldn't worry. Even as a 5, you move up quick and the time flys. Once again, if it's the same as BP and you get in as a 5, you will get your 7 after six months from EOD and then your 9, 11 and 12 each year after. If not, then it's only a six month error on my part which still isn't anything to worry about. If not, it's only a six month error on my part which is still nothing to worry about.
      Last edited by CZ_Kid; 10-04-2014, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeUSCG View Post
        OK, this is my first time chiming in here on this forum; however, I have followed it off and on throughout my process. I do not have my timeline written down so most of my dates are estimates, (just fyi). I applied for East Texas Region. Is there anyone with close to the same timeline that applied for this region or anyone who knows anyone who has gotten the call for this region? Any insight will be greatly appreciated!!! I start terminal leave on 3 weeks and hope to get call for EOD while still on terminal. Once people have been forwarded to scheduling EOD on the CASS webpage, how long are people generally having to wait. Thanks for any info in advance. If you have any question, feel free to ask. Thanks
        Hello, I have somewhat similar timeline. I got an email from MHC on Wednesday telling me I was scheduled to the training and scheduling unit. In the afternoon of the same day I was called for a drug test which I did on Thursday. My BI was cleared on Thursday and now I am waiting on the call, hoping to hear something early next week. PM me if you have more Qs.

Originally posted by SouthernTransfer View Post
        CASS has updated and says that for my BI, "your case is in the security office" what does that mean? Are they just starting to look at it?
        Yes

Comment

• [QUOTE=Jade78;3529798]Hello, I have somewhat similar timeline. I got an email from MHC on Wednesday telling me I was scheduled to the training and scheduling unit. In the afternoon of the same day I was called for a drug test which I did on Thursday. My BI was cleared on Thursday and now I am waiting on the call, hoping to hear something early next week. PM me if you have more Qs.

Does your CASS show referred to scheduling? What is the region you applied for?
          Announcement 13-1
          GEO Applied for- East Texas
          Tested- 09/25/13
          NOR- 10/28/13 (98 With VP)
          TSL- 12/18/13
          TSL2- 12/28/13
          Medical and PFT1- 1/09/14
          SI/VBT- 2/24/14
          Drug Test- 4/1/14
          Poly- 5/7/14
          Finished with BI- 5/28/14
          Contacted about Active duty obligation- 7/30/14
          application placed on hold due to active military obligation- 7/31/14
          application changed to show active- 10/01/14
          CASS shows: "you have been referred to the scheduling unit"- 10/01/14
          Hoping to get Dallas

Comment

Does your CASS show referred to scheduling? What is the region you applied for?
            No. My CASS shows all have green check mark except for the drug test, I am guessing it will change this coming week. I applied for central north east. Did you pass your PFT2 yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
              No. My CASS shows all have green check mark except for the drug test, I am guessing it will change this coming week. I applied for central north east. Did you pass your PFT2 yet?
              All my CASS page showed green on last Monday when I spoke with hiring center about updating my status to show available and off military hold, then it all went away. The only thing that shows on that page now is referred to schedule EOD. I have not taken my PFT2 yet. To my understanding, you don't complete your pft2 until after you get the call with an official firm offer. My drug test was a long time ago, well, like 2 months.
              Announcement 13-1
              GEO Applied for- East Texas
              Tested- 09/25/13
              NOR- 10/28/13 (98 With VP)
              TSL- 12/18/13
              TSL2- 12/28/13
              Medical and PFT1- 1/09/14
              SI/VBT- 2/24/14
              Drug Test- 4/1/14
              Poly- 5/7/14
              Finished with BI- 5/28/14
              Contacted about Active duty obligation- 7/30/14
              application placed on hold due to active military obligation- 7/31/14
              application changed to show active- 10/01/14
              CASS shows: "you have been referred to the scheduling unit"- 10/01/14
              Hoping to get Dallas

Comment

I spoke with the hiring center on October 1, 2014 and updated my information which removed my application from being on active duty military hold to show available. They informed me they would forward it to the scheduling department, (which in shows on CASS now), and i would be contacted when a funded position is available for the region i applied for. I know there is a lot of hiring going on in both houston and dallas, i would just like to know where and when i'll be going. Did your CASS show refered to EOD before you got the call to actually EOD? If so, how long was it this way? THanks again and sorry if this is at all confusing.
                I got the call before CASS showed referred to scheduling. at the time everything was just green checks.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                  BP will bring you in as a 9 if you have prior arrest authority but I don't think thats the case with CBP. 7 will be the best you get but I wouldn't worry. Even as a 5, you move up quick and the time flys. Once again, if it's the same as BP and you get in as a 5, you will get your 7 after six months from EOD and then your 9, 11 and 12 each year after. If not, then it's only a six month error on my part which still isn't anything to worry about. If not, it's only a six month error on my part which is still nothing to worry about.
                  OFO has never had 6 month accelerated promotions and Border Patrol stopped theirs in April.

Automatic promotions come after a full 52 weeks of service. For those who like things real accurate, that a calendar year minus a day...unless it's a leap year, then it's minus 2 days.

Comment

• Thanks for the correction. Even after waiting a year for each grade jump, the time will fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                      Thanks for the correction. Even after waiting a year for each grade jump, the time will fly.
                      Are you a prior or current PA? If so there is supposedly something in the works as far as accelerating the grades back to 12. Couldn't tell ya much of the details but none the less they are supposedly working on it. In either case from what I hear most guys are getting at least an 11 once post academy training is done around the year mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by action-packed View Post
                        I got the call before CASS showed referred to scheduling. at the time everything was just green checks.
                        Action, is your pft2 coming up in few days?

Comment

All my CASS page showed green on last Monday when I spoke with hiring center about updating my status to show available and off military hold, then it all went away. The only thing that shows on that page now is referred to schedule EOD. I have not taken my PFT2 yet. To my understanding, you don't complete your pft2 until after you get the call with an official firm offer. My drug test was a long time ago, well, like 2 months.
                          Mike, turn you pm on plz

Comment

• Originally posted by sportzonepr View Post
                            Any 14-1 applicant with poly schedule already?
                            What's your geo?

Comment

• Originally posted by sportzonepr View Post
                              Any 14-1 applicant with poly schedule already?
                              I'm still waiting..

Comment

• Originally posted by Mk_23 View Post
                                What's your geo?
                                Southwest. Yours?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12639 users online. 478 members and 12161 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X