• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arroz con pollo View Post
    VBT/SI in Miami on 09/17.
    Originally posted by 305CC View Post
    It was Sept 17th
    Oh ok yeah cause I had mine 9/19

Comment

• OK, this is my first time chiming in here on this forum; however, I have followed it off and on throughout my process. I do not have my timeline written down so most of my dates are estimates, (just fyi). I applied for East Texas Region. Is there anyone with close to the same timeline that applied for this region or anyone who knows anyone who has gotten the call for this region? Any insight will be greatly appreciated!!! I start terminal leave on 3 weeks and hope to get call for EOD while still on terminal. Once people have been forwarded to scheduling EOD on the CASS webpage, how long are people generally having to wait. Thanks for any info in advance. If you have any question, feel free to ask. Thanks

Applied: 08/13
      Tested: 10/13
      NOR: 11/13 (98 WVP)
      VBT, SI: 1/14
      Passed quals at GS-7: 2/14
      Medical: 2/14
      PFT1: 2/14
      POLY: 3/14
      BI: Cleared 5/14
      All forms received: 7/14
      Refered to schedule EOD: 10/14
      Announcement 13-1
      GEO Applied for- East Texas
      Tested- 09/25/13
      NOR- 10/28/13 (98 With VP)
      TSL- 12/18/13
      TSL2- 12/28/13
      Medical and PFT1- 1/09/14
      SI/VBT- 2/24/14
      Drug Test- 4/1/14
      Poly- 5/7/14
      Finished with BI- 5/28/14
      Contacted about Active duty obligation- 7/30/14
      application placed on hold due to active military obligation- 7/31/14
      application changed to show active- 10/01/14
      CASS shows: "you have been referred to the scheduling unit"- 10/01/14
      Hoping to get Dallas

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeUSCG View Post
        OK, this is my first time chiming in here on this forum; however, I have followed it off and on throughout my process. I do not have my timeline written down so most of my dates are estimates, (just fyi). I applied for East Texas Region. Is there anyone with close to the same timeline that applied for this region or anyone who knows anyone who has gotten the call for this region? Any insight will be greatly appreciated!!! I start terminal leave on 3 weeks and hope to get call for EOD while still on terminal. Once people have been forwarded to scheduling EOD on the CASS webpage, how long are people generally having to wait. Thanks for any info in advance. If you have any question, feel free to ask. Thanks

Applied: 08/13
        Tested: 10/13
        NOR: 11/13 (98 WVP)
        VBT, SI: 1/14
        Passed quals at GS-7: 2/14
        Medical: 2/14
        PFT1: 2/14
        POLY: 3/14
        BI: Cleared 5/14
        All forms received: 7/14
        Refered to schedule EOD: 10/14
        if you've been referred to schedule EOD on 10/14 then they should have called you already. i got referred for EOD on 10/20 and they called me 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by action-packed View Post
          if you've been referred to schedule EOD on 10/14 then they should have called you already. i got referred for EOD on 10/20 and they called me 2 weeks ago.
          I spoke with the hiring center on October 1, 2014 and updated my information which removed my application from being on active duty military hold to show available. They informed me they would forward it to the scheduling department, (which in shows on CASS now), and i would be contacted when a funded position is available for the region i applied for. I know there is a lot of hiring going on in both houston and dallas, i would just like to know where and when i'll be going. Did your CASS show refered to EOD before you got the call to actually EOD? If so, how long was it this way? THanks again and sorry if this is at all confusing.
          Announcement 13-1
          Tested- 09/25/13
          TSL- 12/18/13
          TSL2- 12/28/13
          SI/VBT- 2/24/14
          Drug Test- 4/1/14
          Poly- 5/7/14
          Hoping to get Dallas

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCBPO View Post
            I'm currently at the academy and have a neatly groomed full beard.
            We need to chat. i can not seem to figure out how to turn on my private messages in options. when you got the call, the offered you both dallas AND houston? i REALLY hope i get the call with Dallas as an option. My son has a oncologist and receives his treatments there now and my wife has a job already lined up there.
            Announcement 13-1
            Tested- 09/25/13
            TSL- 12/18/13
            TSL2- 12/28/13
            SI/VBT- 2/24/14
            Drug Test- 4/1/14
            Poly- 5/7/14
            Hoping to get Dallas

Comment

• Does anyones knows what does promotion potential: 12 means?

Comment

• this means you have promotion potential to the grade of GS-12. (journeyman) You can research locality pay for CBP on google and find the pay at each grade. hope this helps.
                Announcement 13-1
                Tested- 09/25/13
                TSL- 12/18/13
                TSL2- 12/28/13
                SI/VBT- 2/24/14
                Drug Test- 4/1/14
                Poly- 5/7/14
                Hoping to get Dallas

Comment

this means you have promotion potential to the grade of GS-12. (journeyman) You can research locality pay for CBP on google and find the pay at each grade. hope this helps.
                  Ok thanks. By chance you knows what are the qualifications for that grade?

Comment

• Originally posted by sportzonepr View Post
                    starting grades are gs-5 or GS-7. Depending on education and experience you have is what determines what your pay grade will be. then once you EOD, you go from 5 to 7 in a year, 7 to 9 the following year, 9 to 11 the following year then to 12 the year after. Make any sense?
                    Announcement 13-1
                    Tested- 09/25/13
                    TSL- 12/18/13
                    TSL2- 12/28/13
                    SI/VBT- 2/24/14
                    Drug Test- 4/1/14
                    Poly- 5/7/14
                    Hoping to get Dallas

Comment

starting grades are gs-5 or GS-7. Depending on education and experience you have is what determines what your pay grade will be. then once you EOD, you go from 5 to 7 in a year, 7 to 9 the following year, 9 to 11 the following year then to 12 the year after. Make any sense?
                      Yup make sense. Thanks!

Comment

But no ones enter directly to a gs-12 on the first year right?

Comment

Its not really about qualifying, you will automatically become a 12 after several years and this is out of your control. So if you are getting in as a 5, it will take about 4 years. If you get in as a 7, then a little less time. But you and your classmates will all advance at the same time and make 7, 9, 11 and 12 on the same dates pending what you are hired as. Assuming CBP follows the same advancement as BP.

Anything after 12, you will need to ''sup-up" and compete for those grades.

Feel free to chime in here anyone if I'm incorrect, I hate passing off incorrect info.
                          Last edited by CZ_Kid; 10-04-2014, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Ok just wondering. Cuz in other fed jobs is slightly different. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Ok just wondering. Cuz in other fed jobs is slightly different. Thanks for the info.
                              Pretty cut n dry with CBP and they make GS advancement easy for Officers and Agents. As long as you show up, do your job, you will get your 12. Unless of course you wash out of the academy or you get into trouble during probation. Once out of probation, you become the Officer you want to become and the saying around the job is "you only get fired for stealing, lying and murder". Obviously this is not true and just locker room talk and I don't recommend testing the system but I'm sure you get my point. But I do recommend getting in, do a good job, always look after your partner/partners and love your family.
                              Last edited by CZ_Kid; 10-04-2014, 07:53 PM.

Comment

But no ones enter directly to a gs-12 on the first year right?
                                that is correct...for CBPO. I do have a previous co-worker that join CBP Air and Marine which started him as a GS-9.
                                Announcement 13-1
                                Tested- 09/25/13
                                TSL- 12/18/13
                                TSL2- 12/28/13
                                SI/VBT- 2/24/14
                                Drug Test- 4/1/14
                                Poly- 5/7/14
                                Hoping to get Dallas

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9013 users online. 313 members and 8700 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X