Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just curious, may'be someone knows, but how likely is it I could get a vision waiver. It says it wants 20/100 each eye, and I'm 20/25 R and 20/200 L, no DL corrective lens restriction. LASIK is likely in my future, but I'd sure love to test on 27 July with my buddy in Bellevue.
    Refuse to be a victim-Support Concealed Carry

Comment

• Don't make the same mistake I did. They want 20/20 in EACH eye corrected; no worse than 20/100 in EACH eye uncorrected. Go get lasik done. It worked out great for me, but I did it too late and lost out. Be advised, you cannot begin the academy until three months after lasik, but with the process as long as it is, you should be fine.

So, to sum up, if you have a COE, and would like to keep it, GO GET LASIK. PM me if you have questions or concerns about the surgery.

Forget about a waiver, I have been told that they can take YEARS to clear, and they very rarely do.

Good luck!

PS, go get lasik.

Comment

• Hey SGeringer,
        I agree with Sierra 100%! Just go and do the Lasik because you wont qualify with that 20/200 vision in one eye. You also need to have some good healing time before your medical exam but if you do bladeless Lasik, the healing time is sooo much faster than the traditional Lasik!
        (bladeless Lasik is when they use laser for the first incision to create the flap as well as using the laser for the corrective surgery. Traditionally, they created the corneal flap by the skilled surgeon's hand.)
        Hope that bladeless Lasik is available in your area! Good luck!

Comment

• Anyone know if they give you another physical down there?

Comment

• Hey zeitgeist and sierra, thanks much for the advice. I'm going to have to get it done....too many depts around here have similar standards, as well as CBP. Lots of options in WA fortunately. Thank you and good luck to both of you.
            Refuse to be a victim-Support Concealed Carry

Comment

• CBP Opening?

Anyone know when the next open announcement for CBPO will be?
              He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
              -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
              -- Hemingway

Comment

• Keep checking usajobs.com.

Don't forget to search different states!
                CBP Test: 02/07
                TO : 03/07

CASS:
                Preemployment Forms completed: 04/07
                Fitness : 06/07
                VBT completed Passed : 08/14
                Background Investi. completed : 08/28
                Medical Exam Completed : 10/16
                Drug Screen completed : 10/16
                Qualifications : 10/20

Comment

• Take-home cars.

Does anyone here on the board knows if US CBP issues take-home cars? Thanks!
                  Last edited by PhilosophyNerd; 07-05-2007, 12:10 PM. Reason: Misspelled word.
                  "A man is a fool if he tries to pet the dog that once bit him."- Cheif William Gillespie

Comment

• No, CBP does not issue take home cars. There may be a very few internal affairs agents with CBP that have take home cars though that is a different job classification and not a CBP Officer. Also, there may still be a few CBP K9 Officers who have take home but the ones I knew had to drive to work, get the truck, and then drive to pick up the dog at a kennel and vice versa at the end of the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by DannyB View Post

Don't forget to search different states!
                      Hmmmm..... And here I thought I was a USAJOBS pro. How do you search different states? I usually just do searches for series like 1801, 1811, 1895, 1896, etc. Don't series searches search for vacancies in all states? I'm confused Please help
                      He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
                      -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                      -- Hemingway

Comment

• Originally posted by will559 View Post
                        No, CBP does not issue take home cars. There may be a very few internal affairs agents with CBP that have take home cars though that is a different job classification and not a CBP Officer. Also, there may still be a few CBP K9 Officers who have take home but the ones I knew had to drive to work, get the truck, and then drive to pick up the dog at a kennel and vice versa at the end of the day.
                        Ok, thanks alot for the insightful information.
                        "A man is a fool if he tries to pet the dog that once bit him."- Cheif William Gillespie

Comment

• Originally posted by rugermk2 View Post
                          Hmmmm..... And here I thought I was a USAJOBS pro. How do you search different states? I usually just do searches for series like 1801, 1811, 1895, 1896, etc. Don't series searches search for vacancies in all states? I'm confused Please help
                          I like to search from several directions.

On the main page, click the "Search Jobs" tab, in the upper left section of the page, and browse listings for various states that interest you.

Here is the results of a search using the text search "CBP Officer".

CPB Officer search

Top of the list is Tokyo!

CASS:

Comment

• Uhhh......3 pages and none for rookie positions......

CASS:

Comment

• 10-4 Thanks DannyB
                              -- Nietzsche

-- Hemingway

Comment

• Originally posted by DannyB View Post
                                I like to search from several directions.

On the main page, click the "Search Jobs" tab, in the upper left section of the page, and browse listings for various states that interest you.

Here is the results of a search using the text search "CBP Officer".

CPB Officer search

Top of the list is Tokyo!
                                Those are for "Status" Officer only. CSI program, usually someone with 3-4+ years already in. Been trying to talk the wife to going overseas, but I think I will wait until close to retirement.

Someone mentioned "Take Home Cars", wow, I can't even imagine the cost if 17,000 CBP Officers took cars home. Whoa, that alone would bust our budget.

Man I miss the good old days of Customs. Drugs and Money Seizures. I see the Union wants to seperate the job specialities, good idea considering we are slowly losing focus on other aspects of our job.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8087 users online. 374 members and 7713 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X