300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
    Since my poly is Tuesday, would it be a bad idea to start thinking over things I've done in the past so that when I go in, I'm confident with the answers I give, instead of going in and trying to remember, and not be confident?

Also, I'm 32. I know they will ask about cheating in school. Do you think they'll go back all the way to high school, because I honestly cannot quantify that answer.
    Would they even have that information?

On that topic, I have my polygraph on the 22nd and i've always wondered why people mention things that were never documented such as smoking half a joint at 20 years ago. I know its always good to be fully honest but wouldnt hurt more than help especially when it was never documented anywhere?
    CBPO: GS-5
    Geo: SW
    Tested: Sep '13
    NOR (79): Oct 28th '13 // Geo changed to SW: Feb 20th '14
    Medical/PFT1 passed: Apr 18th '14 // VBT/SI passed: May 25th '14
    Equip sent: Jun 6th '14 // NOPA: Aug 5th '14
    Poly: Oct 22nd '14 // Met with BI: Dec 18th '14
    The Call: Mar 3rd '15 // Drug Test: Mar 6th '15
    BI Cleared: Mar 3rd '15 // PFT 2: Mar 18th '15
    EOD: Mar 30th '15 // FLETC: 4/23-8/27 '15

Comment

• Damned right they will. No matter if they know because you do and their interrogation process will psych you out. Count on that. They are looking for psychotic boy scouts these days really so their focus is on complete honesty as opposed to what you did when you were a kid. Hiding it will just lead to an inconclusive result and at best you gotta do it again on your dime. Put simply just tell the truth no matter what.I know this sounds weird but if you don't it will all go against you in "clearing" this exam. That's really the key to this completely idiotic process.

Comment

Since my poly is Tuesday, would it be a bad idea to start thinking over things I've done in the past so that when I go in, I'm confident with the answers I give, instead of going in and trying to remember, and not be confident?

Also, I'm 32. I know they will ask about cheating in school. Do you think they'll go back all the way to high school, because I honestly cannot quantify that answer.
        Dont admit to ANYTHING. They want you to feel like you can be honest but that will fail you. I have a friend of mine who i know for a fact have done things he shouldn't have and lied his way through it and passed it. I also have a best friend I've known since the 10th grade and im 31 and he's squeaky clean they said he lied about drugs and criminal activity. Thats when i knew the polygraph was a joke. So just don't admit to anything you're not supposed to and hope for the best.

Comment

• So only answer the questions im asked? If I did something many many years ago, and the question isn't brought up, don't bring it up? What if its subconsciously bothering you?

also, as far as I'm aware, and this was for the usss, polygraph goes back more than 8-10 years than what's on your bi. They go back your entire life when it comes drugs, arrests,etc..
          CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
          02/28/14-TSL Received
          03/18/14-PFT1/MED
          07/01/14-VBT/SI
          07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
          07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by action-packed View Post
            Dont admit to ANYTHING. They want you to feel like you can be honest but that will fail you. I have a friend of mine who i know for a fact have done things he shouldn't have and lied his way through it and passed it. I also have a best friend I've known since the 10th grade and im 31 and he's squeaky clean they said he lied about drugs and criminal activity. Thats when i knew the polygraph was a joke. So just don't admit to anything you're not supposed to and hope for the best.
            As I've taken the polygraph, I would advise you on not following that information. Be truthful and there will be no worries
            CBPO 14-1
            Geo: Central East Coast
            Test: Passed(96) 07/14/2014
            Referred: 07/22/2014
            TSL: 08/02/2014
            Med/Fitness Test: 08/26/2014 (Passed/Passed)
            Polygraph: 09/06/2014 (Passed)
            VBT & SI: 09/12/2014 (Passed)
            BI: 11/03/2014 (Complete)
            PFT2 - 2/9/15 (Passed)
            EOD - 2/23/15 (Philadelphia)
            FLETC - 3/27 - 7/31

Comment

So only answer the questions im asked? If I did something many many years ago, and the question isn't brought up, don't bring it up? What if its subconsciously bothering you?

also, as far as I'm aware, and this was for the usss, polygraph goes back more than 8-10 years than what's on your bi. They go back your entire life when it comes drugs, arrests,etc..
              bro you'll be fine just answer what your being asked! that simple!...There is a difference if they ask you have you done drugs with the last 7 years as to have you done any in your life time...just be honest about it, if you have you have if not then you haven't nobody is perfect. Clear your mind every time they ask you a question and do NOT over think anything.

Comment

• After what seems like an eternity, my medical review seems to have cleared. I'm in the process of completing the eqip, sf86, etc. The financial info section is quite the headache. Talk about confusing...
                Geo - Central East Coast
                CBPO Exam - 10/18/2013
                NOR - 10/24/2013
                TSL - 1/30/2014
                VBT #1 - 3/12/14 (out of country)
                PFT1/medical - 3/20/2014
                VBT/SI #2 - 5/15/2014 (eligible 5/22/2014)
                eQuip/fingerprints - 9/29/2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdmgreg View Post
                  After what seems like an eternity, my medical review seems to have cleared. I'm in the process of completing the eqip, sf86, etc. The financial info section is quite the headache. Talk about confusing...
                  I just submitted my eQIP today. It was a very long questionnaire!
                  Geo Central East Coast
                  CBPO Exam 9/20/2013
                  NOR 10/24/13
                  TSL 12/18/13
                  Medical/PFT1 1/27/14
                  VBT/SI 5/8/14
                  eQIP received 9/19/14
                  eQIP submitted 9/24/14
                  Fingerprints submitted 9/25/14
                  Case in security office 10/17/14

Comment

• Originally posted by isnabero View Post
                    I just submitted my eQIP today. It was a very long questionnaire!
                    Congrats on making it to the other side! My deadline is Monday, but I'm going to do as much as I can before the weekend.
                    Geo - Central East Coast
                    CBPO Exam - 10/18/2013
                    NOR - 10/24/2013
                    TSL - 1/30/2014
                    VBT #1 - 3/12/14 (out of country)
                    PFT1/medical - 3/20/2014
                    VBT/SI #2 - 5/15/2014 (eligible 5/22/2014)
                    eQuip/fingerprints - 9/29/2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdmgreg View Post
                      After what seems like an eternity, my medical review seems to have cleared. I'm in the process of completing the eqip, sf86, etc. The financial info section is quite the headache. Talk about confusing...
                      Were you one that they requested more info for your medical? If so, how long did it take to clear after you submitted the stuff they requested?
                      Geo- Florida
                      CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                      NOR- 98 10/25/13
                      Qual- GS 7
                      TSL- 2/28/14
                      PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                      VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                      VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                      BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                      BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                      BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Just got home from my VBT/SI in Dallas. I was the only one there so it was pretty quick. I'm pretty confident with how it went. Looking forward to the next step.
                        Geo: Reapplied to El Paso under 15-2
                        Tested: 6/2/2014
                        NOR: 7/14/14 (98)
                        Tentative Select: 8/2/14
                        Medical: 8/26/14 green check 12/9/14
                        PFT1: 9/3/14 green check 9/11/14
                        VBT & SI: 9/24/14 green check 9/30/14
                        Polygraph: 12/9/14 passed, waiting on QC
                        Sit down with BI: 01/2015
                        Background finished: 02/2015
                        Background Cleared: CASS Referred for scheduling 3/5/2015
                        Drug Test: Scheduled for 3/5/2015
                        Provisional Clearance: 8/7/2015
                        The Call:
                        EOD:

Comment

• I wouldn't lie about anything. Be open and honest. There is a reason for this process. Lying is so infectious and you don't want to start a carrier in law enforcement doing so. If one can get away with lying, then it's human nature to believe one can get away with so much more. Unfortunately, odds are, some of us in here and even possibly a future classmate will end up posted on "trust betrayed." These odds are especially higher with CBP Officers. Why? Is it the pool of applicants CBP is dealing with, their sheer number or just simply the amount of temptation they are encountered with at so many POEs. Who knows but it's a fact. What is this "trust betrayed?" Once becoming an Agent or Officer you will get to know this internal link well. A quick search showed me that it's not only internal to us but also accessible to the public.

http://bordercorruption.apps.cironline.org/#all

I recommend taking the time and reading it over and clicking on each individual's picture. It's mind blowing some of the crap that some of these individuals did. And once convicted, CBP doesn't hold back on using these individuals as an example. Rightfully so.....
                          Last edited by CZ_Kid; 09-24-2014, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shell_Back View Post
                            As I've taken the polygraph, I would advise you on not following that information. Be truthful and there will be no worries
                            I've taken it as well. Now for me i had nothing to lie about. But i have plenty of co workers who took it and was honest about something and they thought being honest would help them. Nope. They failed. Even police officer poly's aren't that ridiculous. Another co worker of mine is extremely disgruntled now because he did so well on that the examiner accused him of being coached to beating a polygraph and she failed him. I know another guy who admitted that he grew up in a rough neighborhood so he knew people who sold drugs but he's never did anything close to illegal and they failed him. The polygraph cbp give is really a joke in my opinion. I took it last year and the guy grilled me for 4 hours on drugs. I've never ever taken drugs in my life. Thankfully i retook it a week later with another examiner and passed with flying colors.

Comment

• And for the record Im not saying you should lie on the polygraph. Absolutely not. Im just letting anyone who hasn't taken it know that they aren't looking for who's honest. I wish thats how it was. They want someone whos never ever did anything wrong in their life and thats a very small percentage of the population

Comment

• Originally posted by action-packed View Post
                                And for the record Im not saying you should lie on the polygraph. Absolutely not. Im just letting anyone who hasn't taken it know that they aren't looking for who's honest. I wish thats how it was. They want someone whos never ever did anything wrong in their life and thats a very small percentage of the population
                                I agree that the poly is not a perfect tool regardless what agency is administering it. Some may even say it's a failed system. Regardless, it works as a deterrent or filter to keep some individuals from applying. Individuals that you wouldn't want as a partner at a POE in a secluded border town where there are only a handful of Officers. Or up in the hills in a desert mountain while encountered with a dozen ''packers." Unfortunate the poly has removed some quality applicants which is saddening and I wish there was a way to correct this. That said, CBP is not looking for just people who have never done anything. Let me put everyone at ease. It's a case by case investigation. I'm speaking first hand. I got into a situation 5 years ago. I'm probably one of the older individuals in this chat and have I been "around the block" a few times so to speak. What I did was an embarrassment and a laps in judgment that will always stick with me. Other then that, there were some childish things I did as a teenager as well but nothing I stressed over. I was open and honest about all of this. My case was reviewed and I EOD'd the summer of 2011. As an adult and in this field, you'll need to make your own decision on how to go about things. I hope my story is a bit encouraging for those who are stressing and considering getting off on the wrong foot. It's not worth it in my opinion.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13527 users online. 486 members and 13041 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X