Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sizzlin bacon
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2013

Good luck to everyone. I got back from FLETC in mid-June. It is fun but you have to be disciplined as well. Make it a routine for yourself to go to bed early, get up early and start your day at breakfast. Me and my buddies would get up at 0530, breakfast at 0615, study after class and in bed by 2230 and repeat every day til graduation. You can slack off and pass still, but your port will know about your work ethic, and it will not reflect well on you. It might seem tempting to go out and party, but remember, you're there to start your career, you can party when you are done and back home. But, don't forget to enjoy your time too. It is fun! Be sure to go to St. Simons Island and definitely eat at Sam's Neighborhood Pizza and Pasta. Sales is awesome, he is a former boxer and is in the hall of fame. Best meatball sub sandwich I have ever had.

Comment

• CZ_Kid
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by sizzlin bacon
      Good luck to everyone. I got back from FLETC in mid-June. It is fun but you have to be disciplined as well. Make it a routine for yourself to go to bed early, get up early and start your day at breakfast. Me and my buddies would get up at 0530, breakfast at 0615, study after class and in bed by 2230 and repeat every day til graduation. You can slack off and pass still, but your port will know about your work ethic, and it will not reflect well on you. It might seem tempting to go out and party, but remember, you're there to start your career, you can party when you are done and back home. But, don't forget to enjoy your time too. It is fun! Be sure to go to St. Simons Island and definitely eat at Sam's Neighborhood Pizza and Pasta. Sales is awesome, he is a former boxer and is in the hall of fame. Best meatball sub sandwich I have ever had.
      Congratulations graduating, it's a great feeling. Once at your POE, do Officers go through a post academy program?

Comment

• action-packed
        Forum Member
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Kattle
        Congrats action packed! That's the port I'm at as well. I just finished pre-academy there and am at the academy now. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
        how is it over there? Are you at a port or an airport? Where did you stay for those few weeks if you're from out of state like me? And what did you do in the pre academy?

Comment

• Cabo-verde
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Cyber_Saint
          Umm, yes its probably going to be a problem to say the least. Are you estranged? Is it like a half sister or something that you have never really had interaction with? I could maybe see an exception being made there. Heck, half of Obama's family is here illegally, but if its not a far off estranged family member then I'd say you have a problem. If you were applying to be a cop, it probably wouldn't be much of a problem, but you're applying to be an immigration officer. You can't associate with people who are here illegally. If I were your case adjudicator, I would reject your application. Its a tough spot to be in since none of us really have any control over who our family is for the most part. Good luck.
          Cyber_Saint, How far are you in the process?!

Comment

• YoungCBPOApplicant
            Forum Member
            • Sep 2014

For the guys that have taken the poly, I read somewhere earlier in the thread that the adjucators have 18 days to make a decision on your file, is that true?
            CBPO: GS-5
            Geo: SW
            Tested: Sep '13
            NOR (79): Oct 28th '13 // Geo changed to SW: Feb 20th '14
            Medical/PFT1 passed: Apr 18th '14 // VBT/SI passed: May 25th '14
            Equip sent: Jun 6th '14 // NOPA: Aug 5th '14
            Poly: Oct 22nd '14 // Met with BI: Dec 18th '14
            The Call: Mar 3rd '15 // Drug Test: Mar 6th '15
            BI Cleared: Mar 3rd '15 // PFT 2: Mar 18th '15
            EOD: Mar 30th '15 // FLETC: 4/23-8/27 '15

Comment

• Jade78
              Forum Member
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by YoungCBPOApplicant
              For the guys that have taken the poly, I read somewhere earlier in the thread that the adjucators have 18 days to make a decision on your file, is that true?
              I don't think so. My case has been with the adjudicators for 11 weeks now and I have heard nothing yet.

Comment

• Kattle
                Forum Member
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by action-packed
                how is it over there? Are you at a port or an airport? Where did you stay for those few weeks if you're from out of state like me? And what did you do in the pre academy?
                San Diego is a very nice city with great weather year round. You have the beaches, mountains, city life, etc. It is expensive to live here though. I'm at the land border. It's one of the biggest in the country. It's currently under construction to add lanes (62 by 2020) and some administration buildings. I've lived there my whole life so I had a place to stay. However, a guy I trained with was from Los Angeles stayed in a hotel for a week but then met a guy who rents out a house to CBP employees only. 350$ for the month. I could try and get his contact information for you. At pre-academy you'll fill out a lot of paperwork, get tours, go shooting, and do a ton of VLCs. We finished our required training early so we worked with the K-9 unit a bit. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

@sizzlin bacon

What other places are good to eat? We've only really had Southern Soul other than the Target shopping center restaurants. We are sick of the chow food lol.
                Geo: SWB
                CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                TSL - 01/31/14
                Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                BI - 03/15/14
                Poly - 04/30/14
                BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                Drug Test - 06/26/14
                The Call - 06/26/14
                PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                EOD - 07/14/14
                Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• JasonB110
                  Forum Member
                  • Sep 2014

Hello everyone. First time posting here, as I just found out this forum exists. I'm taking the CBPO test on Wednesday, 9/24. I've been studying for it and feel the math will be the toughest for me and logical reasoning will be the 2nd toughest. Does anyone have any advice? Is there anything I should know before taking the test?

Comment

• JasonB110
                    Forum Member
                    • Sep 2014

Hello everyone. First time posting here, as I just found out this forum exists. I'm taking the CBPO test on Wednesday, 9/24. I've been studying for it and feel the math will be the toughest for me and logical reasoning will be the 2nd toughest. Does anyone have any advice? Is there anything I should know before taking the test?

Comment

• sportzonepr
                      Forum Member
                      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by JasonB110
                      My best advice is to skip questions you find the hardest. Finish the easy ones first. Then go back. The test allows you to do that. Use the study guides that CBP have online and practice over and over. At least that is what I did. Try no to panic if you are running out of time. Also use the breaks, that help me to rest my mind.

Comment

• Mk_23
                        Forum Member
                        • Aug 2014

Hey guys anyone from 14-1 got their polygraph scheduled yet?

Comment

• SolidSnoopy
                          Forum Member
                          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by JasonB110
                          On my test, calculators were not allowed for the math portion. You can imagine then that the difficulty of the equations themselves isn't super high. But with that said, if you haven't done math by hand for years, you may want to brush up on your addition, subtraction, long division, etc... The questions had a lot to do with reading through scenarios with numbers and interpreting how to solve it.

For the logical reasoning portion, I would say the best thing to do is to learn the rules. For example, what could be possible answers if you saw statements with "some" vs "all", what happens when you see a double negative, etc...

Good luck on the test!
                          Geo: West Coast
                          Applicant Group: 13-1
                          NOR: 10/28/13 85%
                          TSL: 12/16/13
                          PFT1/Medical: ~1/10/14
                          eQIP completed: 2/13/14
                          VBT/SI: 3/17/14
                          eQIP to IA: 3/19/14
                          Poly: 10/22/14 (inconclusive) / 12/4/14 (passed)
                          Meet with BI: 12/19/14 - 01/07/15 (met him 3 times)
                          Clear BI: 2/24/15
                          Drug Test: 3/4/15
                          The Call: 3/2/15
                          PFT2: 3/18/15
                          EOD: 3/30/15

Comment

• Je123fl
                            Forum Member
                            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Mk_23
                            October 29th

Comment

• LEO_88
                              Forum Member
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Mk_23
                              Sept 29th for me
                              Applied: May 2014 SWB
                              CBPO Exam: June 2014
                              NOR: 81 July 2014
                              TSL August
                              Eqip: August 16th
                              PFT1 August 21 Passed
                              VBT/SI Sept 9 Passed
                              Polygraph Sept 29
                              BI
                              PFT1
                              EOD
                              Academy

Comment

• Mk_23
                                Forum Member
                                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Je123fl
                                October 29th
                                Where did you take your vbt/si? And when did you take it?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18921 users online. 42 members and 18879 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...