300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Colt1911 View Post
    I was wondering what level do you start as an CBPO?
    What is the salary?
    What are of-duty weapons allowed?
    Duty weapon?

Thanks,
    Obviously, you have applied, took the test, and still ask those questions? The weapon question I can understand (I think??), but come on, salary? Didn't you do some research about the agency BEFORE you applied?

Comment

• Originally posted by mi562 View Post
      Obviously, you have applied, took the test, and still ask those questions? The weapon question I can understand (I think??), but come on, salary? Didn't you do some research about the agency BEFORE you applied?
      I see you read my signature. No I have not applied to CBPO.
      I have applied for LASD, I am in the process with LASD not CBPO.
      I was just wondering what they have to offer, so maybe I can apply there as well.
      Thanks anyways for your help!
      LASD
      Written Test 10/08
      Oral Interview 10/08
      Turn in packet 10/08
      Background Investigator 12/08
      Polygraph 12/08
      Coopers Test 1/09
      Ride Along 1/09
      Jail Tour 1/09
      Background Submited 4/01/09

Comment

I was just wondering what they have to offer, so maybe I can apply there as well.
        Are you familiar with the GS Scale? If so, entry level CBPOS are GS5/7. Journeymen level is GS11.

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
          Just out of curiosity what would the ramifications/consequences be of getting a CCW from your local county and then carrying as a "civilian"?

I know there is some debate here about HR218, but it seems a CCW would cya from the Fed.
          Ramifications? Well, that would likely depend on just what you've done while carrying on your state issued permit. As a general rule, CBP more or less endorses carrying on a state issued permit over carrying on your creds.

On many levels, CBP would love for everyone to carry "civilian"...it gives them that many more options to walk away from people should things go sour. On the other hand, don't expect carrying on a state issued permit to insulate anyone from Uncle Sugar sticking his nose into any off-duty conduct(especially that involving firearms) he so chooses to jump into. If Uncle Sugar wants to see a nexus between an off-duty incident and the job, he probably will.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            Ramifications? Well, that would likely depend on just what you've done while carrying on your state issued permit. As a general rule, CBP more or less endorses carrying on a state issued permit over carrying on your creds.

On many levels, CBP would love for everyone to carry "civilian"...it gives them that many more options to walk away from people should things go sour. On the other hand, don't expect carrying on a state issued permit to insulate anyone from Uncle Sugar sticking his nose into any off-duty conduct(especially that involving firearms) he so chooses to jump into. If Uncle Sugar wants to see a nexus between an off-duty incident and the job, he probably will.
            I had this same discussion with my current dept. (County Govt.) about a year ago. I wanted to carry a smaller caliber than they allowed and I have my Texas CHL. They wanted to argue that I could not carry the weapon because they did not approve it. I never got a straight answer and ended up deciding it was not a battle I wanted to continue fighting.

I think it is a very gray issue at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barbrady View Post
              Not being ugly and just taking a guess, maybe one of your references has a criminal history?
              All of my references are law enforcement officers... including an Air Marshal.

Originally posted by jrq16 View Post
              Is the address for your to reply, a DC or TX Internal Affairs address?

jrq16
              My letter came from Washington, D.C.

Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
              Call IA and speak to your adjudicator. You need to know what they are talking about so that you can respond.
              Anyone have any idea what the phone number is there (is so, please PM me).

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Base salary GS-05, most of the USA...$29,726

Base salary GS-07, most of the USA...$36,822

Location pay, night/evening/Sun. differentials, holiday pay and possible OT will push that up for the average CBPO considerably. Probably upwards of an extra 15-30+K for a CBPO in the LA/Long Beach area.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrq16 View Post
                  Will,

Have you tried doing a follow-up? If so what was their answer?

jrq16

The answer was 2 to 4 weeks, maybe 6. It's been closer to 8 or ten weeks and no end in sight. But at least I'm still in cass.
                  ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                  Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                  March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                  July 09 Oral Board
                  Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                  Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• My 2 cents on CCW....

Actual event:

1. CBPO in uniform with cover jacket meets with a purse snatcher.
                    2. Purse snatcher sucessfully took purse.
                    3. Officer draws weapon and shoots.
                    4. Purse snatcher flees scene.
                    5. Evidence shows Purse snatcher was hit (blood on ground).

Couple days later:
                    1. Homicide Investigation.
                    2. CBP Tells CBPO she will not be represented by them.
                    3. CBPO hires own attorney.

Amazing.

That is all. Enjoy the 3 day weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by C45P312 View Post
                      So basically, the next projected announcement for CBPO is March 2009?
                      I just got off the phone with the MHC. They told me there will definitely be an announcement next month (November).

Comment

• Originally posted by gms632 View Post
                        All of my references are .... including an Air Marshal.
                        That might not be a good selling point. I've seen some of their BI.
                        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
                          Actual event:

Couple days later:

Amazing.

If you're shooting a guy over a purse, you've got more to deal with than just the fact that CBP isn't repping you.
                          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by wmcgalrd View Post
                            I had this same discussion with my current dept. (County Govt.) about a year ago. I wanted to carry a smaller caliber than they allowed and I have my Texas CHL. They wanted to argue that I could not carry the weapon because they did not approve it. I never got a straight answer and ended up deciding it was not a battle I wanted to continue fighting.

I think it is a very gray issue at this time.
                            It is actually a very simple issue at this time. If you are carrying on your credentials, you are carrying on HR 218 and must comply with all of your agency's policies. If you are carrying on your concealed carry permit you are free to carry whatever you want, as long as you comply with the state law everyone else must comply with (no carrying on school property etc.). You are taking all of the liability not the agency.
                            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by gms632 View Post
                              I just got off the phone with the MHC. They told me there will definitely be an announcement next month (November).
                              That would seem to kill any talk of a hiring freeze.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
                                Actual event:

Couple days later:

Amazing.

Im not a lawyer and i feel for the woman's situation, but i dont think you can blast somebody in the back for taking your purse or wallet. Poor judgement and a little over zealous.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5304 users online. 402 members and 4902 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X