300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
    Theoretically, no, simply because CBPO's don't sign mobility agreements, to my knowledge. Now DEA, FBI and some 1811's would be a different story as they do sign mobility agreements.
    Actually, the answer is yes. Though CBPO's do not sign mobility agreements, NTEU is the sole entity that represents the bargaining unit. NTEU has negotiated a binding contract with the employer. That contract spells out reassignments including management directed reassignments outside of the employees commuting area. For those that are interested it is article 39 of the CBA. That being said it is a very rare occurrence. I can think of only one time in 16 years so far that I have seen it.

http://www.nteu.org/Documents/CBPNTEUAgreement.pdf

FB
    Last edited by Firebug; 09-19-2014, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by adgator87 View Post
      Does anyone know the message you get when you are out of the process and can no longer log into CASS?
      If your trying to log on today. The message that says it won't let u log in is cause the system is down. that's when they update your cass. Give it a day and check back it should be updated with new stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO Applicant View Post
        Passed the PFT2:

220 yards - 31 sec
        25 sit ups - 33 sec
        17 push ups-25 sec
        1.5 mile - 12.38 sec

We are a group of 6 applicants (all CBPO) and everyone in the group passed the final hurdle. My best advise to everyone in the process is to keep working on your fitness. Good luck to all of you.

Congrats

Comment

• If your trying to log on today. The message that says it won't let u log in is cause the system is down. that's when they update your cass. Give it a day and check back it should be updated with new stuff
          Thank you! My heart almost burst out of my chest.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
            I've heard of employees putting in for compassionate/hardship transfers right out of the academy and getting them approved providing you submit enough justification supporting your request. It might not be granted till you are out of probation but each case is different. Supervisors will have to assist you with this request and you can also go the route of seeking assistance from a union if you decide to join. In my opinion, supervisors will be that much more supportive after you spend some time at your POE and show that you are worth all the time and effort that goes into one of these requests. If for whatever reason such a request is turned down from HQ, I would stick it out for at least a year (after graduation) just in case changes take place in your life once again making California an option. If not, resign under good standing giving you that 1 year of prior law enforcement in return opening doors for you down the road. Another option is to apply for a swap with another Officer. I'm not sure how well this often works out nor the requirements but I see the request all the time. Lastly, after getting your 12 (I believe) you can compete for those voluntary re-assignments in the Florida area which post every now and then for only CBP employees. Please research all these options with the correct authority (we are not the correct authority in this forum) prior to making a life changing decision. Good luck and I wish you the best with whatever decision you decide to make.
            Thanks for the reply. I will definitely mull this over.

Comment

• So I just finished taking my vbt/si and I got the paper in the end. So I'm guessing I'm good. Right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexb6237 View Post
                So I just finished taking my vbt/si and I got the paper in the end. So I'm guessing I'm good. Right?
                9/10 that means you're good but you will get the OFFICIAL pass/fail email within a week.
                CBPO 14-1
                Geo: Central East Coast
                Test: Passed(96) 07/14/2014
                Referred: 07/22/2014
                TSL: 08/02/2014
                Med/Fitness Test: 08/26/2014 (Passed/Passed)
                Polygraph: 09/06/2014 (Passed)
                VBT & SI: 09/12/2014 (Passed)
                BI: 11/03/2014 (Complete)
                PFT2 - 2/9/15 (Passed)
                EOD - 2/23/15 (Philadelphia)
                FLETC - 3/27 - 7/31

Comment

• Originally posted by Shell_Back View Post
                  9/10 that means you're good but you will get the OFFICIAL pass/fail email within a week.
                  Alright awesome. Well I was pretty confident in there today. So I guess I'll have to wait an see

Comment

• Question for those who did PFT2 already.. Did the officers mention anything about a course record for the run? Wondering if there is anything to be gained if I push for sub 8 min 1.5 mile run.. Local PD's seem to be the ones who care most and keep best records of this sort of stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by mark081990 View Post
                      Question for those who did PFT2 already.. Did the officers mention anything about a course record for the run? Wondering if there is anything to be gained if I push for sub 8 min 1.5 mile run.. Local PD's seem to be the ones who care most and keep best records of this sort of stuff
                      Don't injure yourself. They don't care as long as you pass.

You wouldn't want to throw away everything to beat an over achiever. Just beast through it safely and you'll get hired the same as the guy who did it the fastest and the guy who did the worst but passed.

Just don't injure yourself.
                      Geo: West Coast
                      CBPO Exam: June 2014
                      NOR: July 2014
                      TSL: August 2014
                      eQIP Sent: August 2014
                      Med & PFT1: August 2014 (pending & passed)
                      VBT & SI: September 2014 (passed)
                      Poly:, BI Cleared:, Drug Test:, PFT2:, & EOD: (pending)

Comment

• Question. A friend of mine took the vbt today. Once he was done with the vbt he was walked out and never did the SI part. After he left he said he had an email from the investigator saying that the serial numbers on the signature forms didn't match and he had to re send them. Would that be a reason why not to get the si?

Comment

• Anyone at or going to JFK New York looking for a roommate?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexb6237 View Post
                            Question. A friend of mine took the vbt today. Once he was done with the vbt he was walked out and never did the SI part. After he left he said he had an email from the investigator saying that the serial numbers on the signature forms didn't match and he had to re send them. Would that be a reason why not to get the si?
                            Hey Alex,
                            They review the video of you after you finish the VBT. I don't know the criteria they are looking for when they review the video recording. It is possible that they didn't like something about your friend. ( not to be negative here) usually that is the end point if you don't get an interview after the VBT.
                            The communication between investigators/medical/ Poly, don't talk to one another. So things get set back and that is also why they say in the emails to notify them if you receive or hear something about your application process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                              Actually, the answer is yes. Though CBPO's do not sign mobility agreements, NTEU is the sole entity that represents the bargaining unit. NTEU has negotiated a binding contract with the employer. That contract spells out reassignments including management directed reassignments outside of the employees commuting area. For those that are interested it is article 39 of the CBA. That being said it is a very rare occurrence. I can think of only one time in 16 years so far that I have seen it.

http://www.nteu.org/Documents/CBPNTEUAgreement.pdf

FB
                              Well there ya go, good info to know. And thanks for the link....

Comment

• Originally posted by mark081990 View Post
                                Question for those who did PFT2 already.. Did the officers mention anything about a course record for the run? Wondering if there is anything to be gained if I push for sub 8 min 1.5 mile run.. Local PD's seem to be the ones who care most and keep best records of this sort of stuff

JAJAJAJAJAJAJA you want to know the record at the academy? is like 6:32, so you are wayyyyyyyyyy off my friend. like they said as long as you pass is all good. I did 8:32 and no one cares there or your port. :-)

CBPo since 2012

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12994 users online. 480 members and 12514 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X