• Show
Clear All

• Where's your duty location? Imy geo is Central East Coast

Comment

• Originally posted by Cabo-verde View Post
      MY BI took about 3 1/2 weeks to be completed
      wow!

Comment

• Any cbpo's have any input on selection of duty locations out towards central east cost. I'm hoping to get a land or sea port as an entry level Cbp officer once I finish the process.

Comment

• Hi everyone
          There's anyone on this forum who is already at JFK/NY or will be there soon?
          I just got THE CALL 20 minutes ago
          Duty Location: JFK / NY
          EOD: 10/20
          FLETC: 11/10 - March 25, 2015

Comment

Hi everyone
            There's anyone on this forum who is already at JFK/NY or will be there soon?
            I just got THE CALL 20 minutes ago
            Duty Location: JFK / NY
            EOD: 10/20
            FLETC: 11/10 - March 25, 2015
            Congrats! I hope to see you at JFK in a few months.
            NYPD Exam #4329
            TBTA Exam #5606

Comment

• Are you at the academy already or still in the process?

Comment

• Originally posted by mark081990 View Post
                I've been saying there is no way the story is accurate but she swears that is what happened to her neighbor.

Theoretically if the person was not pregnant would they have to transfer if told to?
                It sounds like the Devil may be in the details.

Conceivably, a port might find itself in a situation where they were reducing staff due to the elimination of airline flights, reduction of hours or another matter which necessitated staffing reductions.

In that sort of instance, a person/people would move, likely based on reversed seniority, because there would no longer be a position for them at the old location.

Comment

Are you at the academy already or still in the process?
                  I'm still in the process. Just feeling excited since 14-1 applicants are moving so quick.
                  NYPD Exam #4329
                  TBTA Exam #5606

Comment

• Originally posted by mark081990 View Post
                    I have poor vision and passed everything but PFT2 (next week).. Will I be required to get LASIKS or some other surgery?
                    I am in the same boat as you, turn your PM on or send me a message please

Comment

• Well I got "The Call" today and i'm to report to San Ysidro, CA on Oct 20. Some of you here know that my situation has completely changed and I need to stay in South FL for my kid. My question is, if I accept, how long after can I request a transfer or some kind of hardship transfer or anything that gets me back here.

Comment

• Passed the PFT2:

220 yards - 31 sec
                        25 sit ups - 33 sec
                        17 push ups-25 sec
                        1.5 mile - 12.38 sec

We are a group of 6 applicants (all CBPO) and everyone in the group passed the final hurdle. My best advise to everyone in the process is to keep working on your fitness. Good luck to all of you.
                        Geo Midwest
                        10/18/2013 Written test
                        10/28/2013 NOR
                        1/8/2014 Medical / Fitness - Passed
                        2/14/2014 e-QIP submitted
                        2/18/2014 VBT/SI - Passed
                        5/5/2014 Passed qualifications / GS 7 eligible
                        6/13/2014 Polygraph - Passed
                        6/27/2014 Met the investigator
                        8/26/2014 Drug test
                        8/28/2014 The call
                        10/6/2014 EOD
                        Nov 3- March 18, 2105 Academy

Comment

• What's your Duty Location and academy dates

Comment

• Does anyone know the message you get when you are out of the process and can no longer log into CASS?

Comment

• I've lived in two different apartments in the same city in the past 10 years. I've held a couple of jobs, plus an acting gig that only lasted a day, too. Don't have a record.

Hopefully my BI goes by quick.
                              CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                              02/28/14-TSL Received
                              03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                              07/01/14-VBT/SI
                              07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                              07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by action-packed View Post
                                Well I got "The Call" today and i'm to report to San Ysidro, CA on Oct 20. Some of you here know that my situation has completely changed and I need to stay in South FL for my kid. My question is, if I accept, how long after can I request a transfer or some kind of hardship transfer or anything that gets me back here.
                                I've heard of employees putting in for compassionate/hardship transfers right out of the academy and getting them approved providing you submit enough justification supporting your request. It might not be granted till you are out of probation but each case is different. Supervisors will have to assist you with this request and you can also go the route of seeking assistance from a union if you decide to join. In my opinion, supervisors will be that much more supportive after you spend some time at your POE and show that you are worth all the time and effort that goes into one of these requests. If for whatever reason such a request is turned down from HQ, I would stick it out for at least a year (after graduation) just in case changes take place in your life once again making California an option. If not, resign under good standing giving you that 1 year of prior law enforcement in return opening doors for you down the road. Another option is to apply for a swap with another Officer. I'm not sure how well this often works out nor the requirements but I see the request all the time. Lastly, after getting your 12 (I believe) you can compete for those voluntary re-assignments in the Florida area which post every now and then for only CBP employees. Please research all these options with the correct authority (we are not the correct authority in this forum) prior to making a life changing decision. Good luck and I wish you the best with whatever decision you decide to make.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10391 users online. 503 members and 9888 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X