Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Someone told me a story of their neighbor who was on the job for 12 years and pregnant and was told to transfer airports from somewhere in NJ to Newark. Whatever the distance of the transfer was it didn't seem like a big deal to me.. But it was to her. Long story short she basically was terminated because she was unwilling to transfer because of the inconvience.

    Has anyone heard of anything like this? Can they force you to move airports at any point? Also, still want to know what the job is like.. Particularly at JFK - shifts, ot, workload, worker morale, etc?

    Thanks!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Cabo-verde View Post
      MY BI took about 3 1/2 weeks to be completed

      HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE LOL ahha.. thats great..but how???? aha..(its the frustration)

      Comment


      • Lived in Florida over 10 years and few jobs to looking into and a crispy clean record

        Comment


        • Originally posted by mnc3672 View Post
          Does that mean they are only hiring 2000 agents off the new announcements? Or are they hiring 2000 agents within the general rotation. I just thought there was a line (metaphorically). Does test date matter? I'm just curious, because I can't get an answer from the recruiting officer, who, as I understood it, was suppose to answer questions. But I guess I was way wrong about that. Yes, I am frustrated aha. I don't know who I can speak with about this.
          The latest number I saw was a plan to have 25,905 CBPO's in FY2016.
          The current mandate has 21,775 CBPOs.

          With attrition hiring that probably means 6000 or more hires in the next 3 years, give or take and depending on the agency's future whims.

          Comment


          • I have nothing on my record but boy scout awards...and RA jobs..my BI should have taken 15 mins on a lunch break.

            Comment


            • Have you been living in the same state for at least 10 years? When you have multiple previous address in different state or country ... It will really delay the BI ...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by mark081990 View Post
                Someone told me a story of their neighbor who was on the job for 12 years and pregnant and was told to transfer airports from somewhere in NJ to Newark. Whatever the distance of the transfer was it didn't seem like a big deal to me.. But it was to her. Long story short she basically was terminated because she was unwilling to transfer because of the inconvience.

                Has anyone heard of anything like this? Can they force you to move airports at any point? Also, still want to know what the job is like.. Particularly at JFK - shifts, ot, workload, worker morale, etc?

                Thanks!
                Someone correct me if I am wrong here but I don't believe CBPO's sign a mobility agreement so in turn, no, technically they can not make you move to another airport based on being pregnant. The union would probably have a field day with that. My guess would be your buddy got the story all kinds of wrong. Kind of like that game in elementary school you play when you whisper in the kids ear that's next to you and he does the same to the next kid until it gets around the room, by the end, the story or what you whispered is completely different than what it started out to be.

                Comment


                • So my vbt/si is tomorrow morning and I have yet to get the email of my BI being started. I would of thought it'll be in by now.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
                    Someone correct me if I am wrong here but I don't believe CBPO's sign a mobility agreement so in turn, no, technically they can not make you move to another airport based on being pregnant. The union would probably have a field day with that. My guess would be your buddy got the story all kinds of wrong. Kind of like that game in elementary school you play when you whisper in the kids ear that's next to you and he does the same to the next kid until it gets around the room, by the end, the story or what you whispered is completely different than what it started out to be.
                    I've been saying there is no way the story is accurate but she swears that is what happened to her neighbor.

                    Theoretically if the person was not pregnant would they have to transfer if told to?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Alexb6237 View Post
                      So my vbt/si is tomorrow morning and I have yet to get the email of my BI being started. I would of thought it'll be in by now.
                      Hey Alex,
                      The BI portion won't happen until you do the VBT/SI. Since the BI cost a lot more to do. They won't want to risk it just incase. I wish you good luck tomorrow! I'm sure you'll do great!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Cabo-verde View Post
                        What's your EOD ?
                        10/20

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by melissa85 View Post
                          Hey Alex,
                          The BI portion won't happen until you do the VBT/SI. Since the BI cost a lot more to do. They won't want to risk it just incase. I wish you good luck tomorrow! I'm sure you'll do great!
                          Thank you!!! [emoji2]

                          I'm sorry I think I mixed them up. I meant like the email saying my equip if I'm not mistaken, like turned into IA. A friend of mine is in the process pretty my same time as me and we both have the vbt tomorrow and he had already gotten the email saying they sent in the equip. I have yet to have mines sent in.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by mark081990 View Post
                            I've been saying there is no way the story is accurate but she swears that is what happened to her neighbor.

                            Theoretically if the person was not pregnant would they have to transfer if told to?
                            Theoretically, no, simply because CBPO's don't sign mobility agreements, to my knowledge. Now DEA, FBI and some 1811's would be a different story as they do sign mobility agreements.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Alexb6237 View Post
                              So my vbt/si is tomorrow morning and I have yet to get the email of my BI being started. I would of thought it'll be in by now.

                              Good luck!!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
                                Theoretically, no, simply because CBPO's don't sign mobility agreements, to my knowledge. Now DEA, FBI and some 1811's would be a different story as they do sign mobility agreements.
                                Thank you, great info

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11778 users online. 460 members and 11318 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X