Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Finally I can post on this thread. Polygraph scheduled for October 22nd.

    Geo : SW
    GS5
    CBPO: GS-5
    Geo: SW
    Tested: Sep '13
    NOR (79): Oct 28th '13 // Geo changed to SW: Feb 20th '14
    Medical/PFT1 passed: Apr 18th '14 // VBT/SI passed: May 25th '14
    Equip sent: Jun 6th '14 // NOPA: Aug 5th '14
    Poly: Oct 22nd '14 // Met with BI: Dec 18th '14
    The Call: Mar 3rd '15 // Drug Test: Mar 6th '15
    BI Cleared: Mar 3rd '15 // PFT 2: Mar 18th '15
    EOD: Mar 30th '15 // FLETC: 4/23-8/27 '15

    Comment


    • Ugh i so regret changing my GEO when they sent me that letter back in 2011. I wish they never sent that letter. My situation completely changed and i need to stay in south florida as opposed to the SW border and I've been trying and emailing nonstop and im pretty much stuck. Barring a miracle that isn't going to happen, if they call me now that everything on my CASS is checked off, idk what I'm going to do. Its been 4 long years and now that im this close i might be forced to decline it. They even told me there's a huge waiting list for SW right now. All i want is my original location. Smh. Sorry for the rant guys. Im just venting at this whole ordeal.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by action-packed View Post
        Ugh i so regret changing my GEO when they sent me that letter back in 2011. I wish they never sent that letter. My situation completely changed and i need to stay in south florida as opposed to the SW border and I've been trying and emailing nonstop and im pretty much stuck. Barring a miracle that isn't going to happen, if they call me now that everything on my CASS is checked off, idk what I'm going to do. Its been 4 long years and now that im this close i might be forced to decline it. They even told me there's a huge waiting list for SW right now. All i want is my original location. Smh. Sorry for the rant guys. Im just venting at this whole ordeal.
        if you do ask to change your GEO let me know what they say, I'm curious cuz I would LOVE to change mines although I know it's probably impossible :-(

        Comment


        • Originally posted by action-packed View Post
          Ugh i so regret changing my GEO when they sent me that letter back in 2011. I wish they never sent that letter. My situation completely changed and i need to stay in south florida as opposed to the SW border and I've been trying and emailing nonstop and im pretty much stuck. Barring a miracle that isn't going to happen, if they call me now that everything on my CASS is checked off, idk what I'm going to do. Its been 4 long years and now that im this close i might be forced to decline it. They even told me there's a huge waiting list for SW right now. All i want is my original location. Smh. Sorry for the rant guys. Im just venting at this whole ordeal.
          Well keep in mind that another announcement is supposedly opening soon. Some of your stuff should transfer to the new announcement if that's what you decided to do. But I can tell you your gonna have a hell of a time trying to trade a SW border port with someone in Florida.

          Comment


          • Cabo-verde
            New beginnings are fun and I understand about being apprehensive at first but I've been here in NY for 5 years now. I didn't think I would enjoy the fast paced lifestyle but I do. It'll be a great experience.

            Comment


            • Jade78 I don't remember how long it actually took for my background to clear and go green on cass but I know it was a few months. I kept busy with other positions and school.

              Comment


              • Sorry for so many posts people but as I was responding to a few of you I received the famous call! EOD 10/20, FLETC Nov-Mar. Let the fun begin.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Javier_Zalez View Post
                  Hello all

                  Anyone knows what's the average score to get selected for the Florida geographical area? I scored an 89 but I am a little worried that it's not enough.

                  Anyone that has any input, it will be greatly appreciated.
                  For the 13 test I believe it was 94 or 95.
                  Last edited by joshk24; 09-18-2014, 01:13 PM. Reason: typed in wrong place
                  Geo- Florida
                  CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                  NOR- 98 10/25/13
                  Qual- GS 7
                  TSL- 2/28/14
                  PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                  VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                  VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                  BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                  BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                  BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

                  Comment


                  • My CASS updated today. Now I have green checks for fitness and vbt/si. Now time to get the polygraph done on the 29th!
                    Applied: May 2014 SWB
                    CBPO Exam: June 2014
                    NOR: 81 July 2014
                    TSL August
                    Eqip: August 16th
                    PFT1 August 21 Passed
                    VBT/SI Sept 9 Passed
                    Polygraph Sept 29
                    BI
                    PFT1
                    EOD
                    Academy

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                      For the 13 test I believe it was 94 or 95.
                      I guess I should reapply if it opens again in a week huh?

                      Comment


                      • I would'nt, all one really needs is a passing score of 75 I believe and from there just got to prove your self and talk your way into the job in my opinion.

                        Originally posted by Javier_Zalez View Post
                        I guess I should reapply if it opens again in a week huh?

                        Comment


                        • It doesn't make any sense, how can someone who took the exam just a few months ago be so far along in the process in than someone who took the exam two years ago. It just doesn't make sense at all. Especially people in the same region as myself. I'm just trying to understand how my BI has been in the security office for so long...I don't really have anything significant in my background, 1 address. Just trying to make sense of it all, and get my poly scheduled so I can be done with this process.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by mnc3672 View Post
                            It doesn't make any sense, how can someone who took the exam just a few months ago be so far along in the process in than someone who took the exam two years ago. It just doesn't make sense at all. Especially people in the same region as myself. I'm just trying to understand how my BI has been in the security office for so long...I don't really have anything significant in my background, 1 address. Just trying to make sense of it all, and get my poly scheduled so I can be done with this process.
                            Never try to understand the government process, you will spin in circles forever haha. I don't know if you are a current FED employee but I know myself and a few others are moving along fairly quickly and we are currently in DHS. I don't know if that helps but I see that as being a positive on my end with less paperwork to do as I am already in the system and the background being already done a few years ago.
                            CBPO 14-1
                            Geo: Central East Coast
                            Test: Passed(96) 07/14/2014
                            Referred: 07/22/2014
                            TSL: 08/02/2014
                            Med/Fitness Test: 08/26/2014 (Passed/Passed)
                            Polygraph: 09/06/2014 (Passed)
                            VBT & SI: 09/12/2014 (Passed)
                            BI: 11/03/2014 (Complete)
                            PFT2 - 2/9/15 (Passed)
                            EOD - 2/23/15 (Philadelphia)
                            FLETC - 3/27 - 7/31

                            Comment


                            • 14-1 applicant 3 check marks!! Yay!!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by mnc3672 View Post
                                It doesn't make any sense, how can someone who took the exam just a few months ago be so far along in the process in than someone who took the exam two years ago. It just doesn't make sense at all. Especially people in the same region as myself. I'm just trying to understand how my BI has been in the security office for so long...I don't really have anything significant in my background, 1 address. Just trying to make sense of it all, and get my poly scheduled so I can be done with this process.
                                Mostly have to due with funding and vacancies also location. This year CBP is going to hired more or less of 2000 new CBPO. So I can see why everything is speeding. Im sorry; I can understand why you are so frustrated and trust me when I applied I never expected it will be this fast.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9694 users online. 364 members and 9330 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X